Ratings for Dr. Stephanie Yap

Dr. Yap is the best family doctor I have had in years. The words that best describe her are; friendly, punctual and knowledgeable. If you are a busy, working mom or dad with a tight schedule Dr. Yap is the doctor for you. All our appointments have started on time and we leave 15 minutes later with the information we need to address the ailments we might have. If you are a patient that wants extra time , some personal consultation and needs to deal with multiple ailments at a time, Dr. Yap is NOT for you. Dr. Yap seems to respect for the patients in the waiting room as she does for the patient in front of her and as a result is very punctual with her appointments. Wonderful and greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

Dr. Yap is quick and efficient. No waiting around and gets to why you are there. This keeps everything on schedule unlike most places. Each appointment is 15mins....if you need more time book two back to back appointments. I love her focus and her skills at needles. Has been seeing my son since he was born and nothing but great with him. Highly recommend her if you are looking to get things done in a timely manner. If your appointment is about a foot injury that's it, book another to talk about your back. Yes, she's a fast talker but it's just her and I like it.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

I only saw her twice but Dr. Yap rushes you through the consultation. She never asked towards the end if I had any questions or concerns and anything that I wanted to share as far as health issues are concerned. I felt like I had to rush in asking about the things I wanted to know. Everything she does is very mechanical/fast and although she knows what she's doing I don't feel the human side of a doctor which I believe is important to have with your patients.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

Doctor Yap must slow down and talk to her patients without typing on the laptop right away. How I would like to have a normal conversation with her when she would just take five minutes and ask about my life, my stress.....all things that effect my body. I know she is busy, but it feels very rushed and mechanical whenever I have an appointment. Must give a shout out to Mary Jane at the front desk. She is wonderful and kind.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Sadly is the way young physicians are running their practices. The system IS broken. I know because I worked with the best of the best physicians and all departments of practically every hospital in the GTA! The first visit is all about the patient history (which is a good thing) but darn a patient needs to be heard and cared for. The second visit this physician spent the bulk f the time alotted reviewing my meds, from last visit. When I finally got some attention and told her there were 2 things we need to review (results of an MRI) and a personal female need, she quickly said "we don't have time for anything else and you should book another appointment for an exam". She also said she had other patients. I reminded her that I am her patient at this moment and I need help. I left, (in tears on the inside) after telling her it is just not the way to run a medical practice! i Also told her that I, a 71 yo female , have spent the last 9 months finding my only care for chronic pain, because physicians are just not available when needed. As for these ratings, I have no idea of person's knowledge, everyone sees their experience differently, so for that it's hearsay. When I read others stated they feel rushed, or a doc' walks away from them (which happened to me) then there is cause for concern in the so-called "caring profession" (which I used to work in and am still affiliated with).

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

The best Doctor I have ever met, very friendly and passionate staff, clean clinic. I recommend Dr. yap to evryone!!!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I walked into this doctors office to an extremely rude and agressive receptionist. This is not the first time that i have been met with a hostile receptionist when walking in. After being scolded and talked to in a condescending matter for being a couple of minutes late i could hear the receptionist whispering and making fun of me. I couldnt believe how unprofessional she was.Dr yap is a good doctor and this does not reflect oh her but she should hire more professional staff .I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr. Yap is easy to talk to and shares information clearly and kindly. She does rush a bit, but I think that has more to do with the restrictions of our health care system. She does offer the option of a longer consultation, if needed. The front office staff are friendly and helpful, which is a big plus.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr. Yap was referred by a friend. She has been only OUTSTANDING in every category. There is no ulterior motive behind this review. I am not a relative and have no other reason to leave a glowing review. In fact, I would rather 'keep her to myself' and not have to share her. But she deserves much acclaim. Unlike several doctors, her bedside manner is tremendous. You leave feeling like she really truly cares about you and your family. You look forward to appointments. My kids love her. They love going to the clinic. Also, something that is unheard of for most doctors, she is ALWAYS on time!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Doctor Yap is a nice person and I feel she wants the best for me, however she just needs to slow down a bit and take some time with patients. She leaves the room and is off to the next person before we have really finished our discussion. The staff are always kind on the phone and in person.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016