Ratings for Dr. Alexandria Gabriel

Dr Gabriel is very competent, professional, compassionate and caring. She is direct and to the point - exactly what you’re looking for when your dealing with a life threatening disease.. we were impressed. Thanks Dr Gabriel.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

She is very insensitive. I'm sure she may be knowledgable and has a lot of experience dealing with cancer but she seems to forget that a patient is experiencing this for the first time. She does not explain things thoroughly enough, and lacks compassion. I have also experienced being cut off mid sentence by her.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr Gabriel should have never become an Oncologist. She has absolutely NO compation , she does not listen. She cuts you off when you are trying to ask a question.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I had just had a double mastectomy and was waiting in the her office to see what the next step would be. She came in and said now that I had my lumpectomy that I would require tamoxafin. She has to audacity to argue with me - I was appalled. I was there to find out what the next steps would be, waited over a half hour in her office, and she didn't even know what I was there for. Needless to say, I asked for another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

This doctor could use some compassion. Very cold.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

As a retired oncology nurse I have sat in on many patient doctor interviews. The appointment with Dr Gabriel, my mother, sister and myself was one of the best appointments I have ever witnessed. It is tough being on the other side as a patient's family member particularly when the diagnosis is dismal and there is no effective treatment without significant side effects. Dr Gabriel didn't waste our time discussing what couldn't be done, rather she refoccussed Mom on the importance of living life well until she dies. Sometimes we become too fixated on the end result rather than the beauty of the between time. We left the office knowing that there was no further treatment but we were not discarded and thrown away to cope on our own. Dr Gabriel was excellent!!! She didn't take away hope and there is nothing more important than quality of life

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Gabriel after a visit to the ER on May 16, where I was told my chest Xray and CT scan were abnormal. It appeared that I had tumors in both lungs and nodules throughout both lungs, the ER doctor said it might be cancer but also that there are other possibilities to be ruled out. I visited Dr. Gabriel on June 2, and she looked me in the eye and told me I have inoperable, incureable but manageable lung cancer. I asked if there was any possibility it could be something else, as I had a list of questions with me I had compiled from google, she said flatly NO. After much anguish and waiting I finally had a biopsy on June 27. On July 3, my family doctor told me that no malignancies have been found, so I do not have cancer. I do have something wrong with my lungs, but because of Dr. Gabriel's incorrect diagnosis, without a biopsy, nothing else has been considered, my doctor is scratching his head now trying to figure out what to do next. Thanks Dr. Gabriel!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

not helpful, not reassuring, not informative, comes across as detatched

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

A very disappointing cancer doctor and one you would never want to look after someone you love. The only thing she told us was dad was going to die. The crime had been committed but they didn't know who did it. Well, thank you very much Dr. Gabriel. He went for chemo and they didn't even check his temp which was over the top. And then after he was too sick to take the chemo, dr. Gabriel said there was nothing she could do and turned him over to his family's doctor. Well, 9 months later he is still going but she wrote him off as dead so now what??? Thank you for all your support, Dr. Gabriel - you are a real trooper

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013