Ratings for Dr. Alex Mateuchev

My chiropractor referred me to Dr. Mateuchev. I was very pleased with the service and felt very comfortable in his clinic. It was clean, and I had been to the Sherwood Park Foot Institute a few times and that place was dingy looking - Dr. Mateuchev's office was clean and tidy as every health clinic should be. I was very impressed with his knowledge/friendliness/staff friendliness/beautiful building/easy to find his office, etc. I and wear my orthotics every day. I can remove them (I bought 2 pairs) and put them in all my different shoes. I don't ever wear high heels. Orthotics are not cheap but being pain free is worth it - and they are so well made they will last many many years. His prices are not higher than any other place I purchased orthotics in the past. You get what you pay for. One more thing I benefited from - The Foot Institute said I should replace my orthotics every two years - Dr. M. was not of that opinion and his pamphlet said they can last many years. It is good to get followup but you don't have to toss your orthotics every two years - they can still be good for you for a much longer time.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Craziness. Needed a lot of help with feet..was only willing to do ONE thing to feet. No nail cutting .. nothing. Never returning.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Really pushed a lot of expensive ideas onto me along with some extensive titled diagnosis that he said was incurable and need life-long orthotics. I ended up spending tons of money and he just told me it was my own risk and that happens sometimes. I went to a chiropractor who was able to re-adjust my foot and assist with healing up my "incurable" foot problem.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Was very impressed with the fact he took time to explain the procedures I was choosing. First procedure i chose was to have a deformed toe repaired, I had experienced pain at every step I took for the last 5 years. His follow up care was excellent, so much so that I opted to have a corn removed from the other foot. I now walk pain free.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

Dr. Mateuchev removed a bone tumour in my toe. Even after having to remove 1/4 of my nail and remove the bone tumour my toe looks like it did before any of this. He always has time to explain things to me and for me to ask questions during my appointments and I am so pleased with my surgery outcome and all of the support he has given me!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I had plantar fasciitis for few years, and none of generic pre-made silicone gel insoles helped me at all. I saw Dr. Mateuchev twice only. He gave me some exercises and a special rigid insole (orthosis) which solved my problem forever.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

I have seen several podiatrists in the Edmonton area. Podiatry seems to be a speciality that seems to attract a lot of shysters - many of them making their money by selling orthotics to everyone that walks in the door, whether needed or not. My experience with Dr. Mateuchev has been very different. He has absolutely interested in solving the many problems I've been having with my feet. He takes a great deal of time to explain what's happening and why, and is very patient in answering my questions. He has performed surgery on me once and I was very happy with it. I drive from St. Albert to see him - a long distance but he's much better than any podiatrists closer to home. I cannot recommend Dr. M. highly enough.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Had plantar faciitis for over four years. Had surgery on each foot by him and now it is gone. What a patient and caring doctor he is, he knows his stuff. II highly recommend him, because of him I can walk again and enjoy work and life.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

I had some major nail problems with my right foot and when I went to see Dr. Mateuchev I felt like he cared and he wasn't just searching for my money. After a SHORT wait he got straight to the point about what was wrong and didn't beat around the bush. He knew how to answer all my questions with confidence. I asked him so many questions and he always answered with a smile. His staff went over and beyond for me!!! From bringing me to my room and asking if I need anything to helping me put my shoes and socks back on . I left on time and everything seamed to be well run and on time. I had such great help with my nail that it started to improve a few short days later!!! I went back for a check up and again everything was clean professional and friendly. I have never had such a knowledgeable doctor and I trust his opinion. I also got my orthotics done by him and he was quick and had up to date technology to make the process clean and fast.I was so happy i didn't have to have the casting stuff put onto my foot!! He just scanned me and 2 short weeks later I had them in my shoes. I am so satisfied with my service and grateful I was recommend to him.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr Mateuchev I a very knowledgeable and thorough doctor. I have and would recommend him to anyone with foot issues. He not only works with patients to resolve the current issue, but does what he can to help prevent other issues from arising. His staff is always friendly and helpful as well.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015