Ratings for Dr. Alex Mateuchev

Was very impressed with the fact he took time to explain the procedures I was choosing. First procedure i chose was to have a deformed toe repaired, I had experienced pain at every step I took for the last 5 years. His follow up care was excellent, so much so that I opted to have a corn removed from the other foot. I now walk pain free.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

Dr. Mateuchev removed a bone tumour in my toe. Even after having to remove 1/4 of my nail and remove the bone tumour my toe looks like it did before any of this. He always has time to explain things to me and for me to ask questions during my appointments and I am so pleased with my surgery outcome and all of the support he has given me!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I had plantar fasciitis for few years, and none of generic pre-made silicone gel insoles helped me at all. I saw Dr. Mateuchev twice only. He gave me some exercises and a special rigid insole (orthosis) which solved my problem forever.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

I have seen several podiatrists in the Edmonton area. Podiatry seems to be a speciality that seems to attract a lot of shysters - many of them making their money by selling orthotics to everyone that walks in the door, whether needed or not. My experience with Dr. Mateuchev has been very different. He has absolutely interested in solving the many problems I've been having with my feet. He takes a great deal of time to explain what's happening and why, and is very patient in answering my questions. He has performed surgery on me once and I was very happy with it. I drive from St. Albert to see him - a long distance but he's much better than any podiatrists closer to home. I cannot recommend Dr. M. highly enough.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Had plantar faciitis for over four years. Had surgery on each foot by him and now it is gone. What a patient and caring doctor he is, he knows his stuff. II highly recommend him, because of him I can walk again and enjoy work and life.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

I had some major nail problems with my right foot and when I went to see Dr. Mateuchev I felt like he cared and he wasn't just searching for my money. After a SHORT wait he got straight to the point about what was wrong and didn't beat around the bush. He knew how to answer all my questions with confidence. I asked him so many questions and he always answered with a smile. His staff went over and beyond for me!!! From bringing me to my room and asking if I need anything to helping me put my shoes and socks back on . I left on time and everything seamed to be well run and on time. I had such great help with my nail that it started to improve a few short days later!!! I went back for a check up and again everything was clean professional and friendly. I have never had such a knowledgeable doctor and I trust his opinion. I also got my orthotics done by him and he was quick and had up to date technology to make the process clean and fast.I was so happy i didn't have to have the casting stuff put onto my foot!! He just scanned me and 2 short weeks later I had them in my shoes. I am so satisfied with my service and grateful I was recommend to him.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr Mateuchev I a very knowledgeable and thorough doctor. I have and would recommend him to anyone with foot issues. He not only works with patients to resolve the current issue, but does what he can to help prevent other issues from arising. His staff is always friendly and helpful as well.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

I have had problems for many years with arthritic spurs in great toe area both feet for many yrs. Also, recently, bunions have formed on both feet as well. These areas were causing discomfort and inability to get shoes, including good quality running shoes. I spend a lot of time on my feet at work so foot health is very important. For this reason, I saw Dr. Mateuchev. I had surgery on the first foot in January of this yr. The second foot was done 2 wks ago. I have had people ask me if this was a painful procedure. "Bunionectomies are painful aren't they?" "Didn't you just have surgery, how can you get around so well already?" Folks, I had NO pain at all during or after procedures, which were well explained, performed and monitored. I saw Dr. Mateuchev for follow up appointment, for which I was a bit early, and ended up being on my way back home by the scheduled time of my appointment. He does his work as a work of art, by my books, taking pride and responsibility in his work. Front end staff as well as his nurses assisting him are all friendly and easy to approach. I have, and will continue to recommend Dr. Mateuchev to anyone who is concerned with maintaining good foot health. I appreciate the locale of his office, as I am from out of town, so quick to get to. Building is a new, clean and quiet building. KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK!! :)

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

I saw Dr. Mateuchev for a Wart on my foot. It would not go away and he has the new technology of Zapping the wart with a Laser machine. Although it was a bit painful it only took the one treatment to have it go away. It has not returned. I also had pain to my Right foot in the Metatarsal area of my foot and could hardly walk. He suggested 3 treatment once per week with his Shock Wave Therapy machine - EWST . I had the 3 treatments and could finally get back into my orthotics. It took about 2 weeks after the treatment till I noticed the pain was gone completely and able to walk freely without limping. Dr. Mateuchev cares about helping his patients and his front end staff is Awesome and keep things flowing very smoothly I have never had to wait long at all to see the doctor. I would recommend him to anyone with foot issues.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

This doctor is just money hungry... I paid the money just for him to see my 7 year old's feet, he came in the room, and within 8 -9 minutes he was pretty much pushing me put the door. He pretty much did nothing but day a few big words and when I asked him what he meant he seemed frustrated I was wasting his time (time that I paid money for)... He then says she needs orthotics for $485 I asked him if there was something I could do in the meantime until I had the money for that as I have no benefits and he said 'no nothing' and once again proceeded to try and get me out the door. What a complete waste of time and a waste of money for 9 minutes from a rude 'doctor'... The lady at the desk was nice and that's about it.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014