Dr. Pauline Lysak

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Pauline Lysak

She is a wonderful doctor,and she really cares about you.she is very easy to talk to I like her very much She is a good listener I feel better each visit

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Lysak is a wonderful person. I did have a few doubts but she cleared the hurdles and turned out to be one of the most honest and caring people I have ever met. She knows her stuff and has certainly helped above and beyond what most people would do. I am truly a better person for having knowing her.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Best Doctor- She truly cares about her patients. So lucky to have her!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

First and only psychiatrist I have seen due to moderate panic and anxiety disorder. Boy was I lucky. She genuinely cares about her patients and is very very humble. Best part is she listens! She hears you and doesn't tell you how to "fix" yourself, rather helps you find your own way. She guides you. She is not a pill pusher. Far from it. She's big on CBT and assigns you homework to help you learn how to manage things oh our own. I went from a very serious state in which I could barely leave home to almost as if I didn't have a condition thx to her. Her husband Mark works there too and is very kind and nice! Thx Dr. Lysak for everything!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

In the beginning I was hopeless. No one could help me...no one could possibly understand my scrambling unwanted thoughts. I hated myself. What was the point of getting help anyway? No one cared. It was if I was locked in a dark room, I had the key to get out...but I couldn't find the door. I couldn't even see the door. Walking into Dr. Lyzak arms during my very first week sparked something inside of me. She listened. She understood. She helped put my thoughts into words and worked with me to understand myself and the way my body was trying to communicate with me. I connected with Lyzak in ways that I could never connect with anyone before. I slowing started to go home feeling cleansed and hopeful. I began to look at people and the things I said or did in different ways. Lyzak found a way into my dark room. She is currently working with me to find that dam door. I can't wait to see what's on the other side. Whatever it is, I'm beginning to see I won't have to face it alone. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

She is a very caring Doctor,she cares about you and your problems ,you can talk to her about anything.She is not like some Doctors who really do not treat the real person. I am so happy to have met her.You would be lucky to have her help you sort your life out.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

I have found Dr. Lysak a breath of fresh air. Finally, a doctor who does not talk down to someone with a mental illness but explains things compassionately and rationally. She also provides the alternatives and expects you to participate in your health care, not to be a passive observer. I had been misdiagnosed for so long until I came to Dr. Lysak and things are finally starting to look up - if only others had taken the time like Dr. Lysak. As serious an issue as mental health is, Dr. Lysak can add some levity when you need it. She is a wonderful,caring and intelligent practioner.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

Very competent. I have seen a few doctors who just want to prescribe medications and could care less to hear my story or history. Dr. Lysak seems very understanding in what I want and has a keen interest in trying to find a solution to my problems rather than trying to drug me as others have done in the past. She looks for all kinds of problems that might cause mental health issues and treat those instead of jumping on the medication band wagon right away. She is a team player, not an I am "god" type of doctor. I am so glad I have found her.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

Incompetent please beware if you are referred to her.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

Dr. Pauline Lysak's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Dr. Lysak is an accomplished private practice general psychiatrist, with a particular interest in treating complex patients having both physical and mental comorbidities. Her practice of psychiatry relies on a broad knowledge of organic medical conditions (e.g. vitamin deficiencies, effects of other illnesses and medications used to treat them). She draws upon a wide range of psychopharmalogical and psychotherapeutic treatments when working together with her patients.

• English

• University of Alberta (Grad. 1999)

• Anxiety
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy