Dr. Pauline Lysak

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Pauline Lysak

Dr.Lysak is one of the best psychiatrist ever. I highly recommend her. You will know what I mean once you meet her.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Dr. Lysak is an outstanding psychiatrist that has helped me immensely in her evidence-based consultative way. She is very knowledgeable and offers me group sessions and informative learning seminars to assist me with my learning and knowledge. Victoria's best kept secret.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr.Lysak is a very special person,she is saving my life. I am 65 years of age and have been ill most of my adult life, I have seen numerous physicians and 1 or 2 psychiatrists,I have been on enough medicines in my life to support a normal small community. I have been seeing Dr.Lysak for more than a year and I am less dependent on medicines than ever and I am feeling more comfortable with my overall health than I have been for a very long time. There is a place in my heart for this very special Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

A truly remarkable doctor. Very kind, patient and helpful. Never rushes her appointments. She always takes the time to listen to you and talk to you and give helpful information. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Dr Lysak is very real and genuinely cares about helping patients. She is very knowledgeable but is also honest. I would recommend her on all levels to anyone who needs help getting focused, overcoming personal obstacles or just understanding how our minds work and explaining why and what we go through at challenging times in our lives. You will not regret taking her hand to pull you through. I felt comfortable and understood and never judged.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Dr Lysak is amazing. She is extremely knowledgable and good at what she does. She is easy to talk to and I have never felt more comfortable opening up about my health struggles. Within weeks of seeing her my quality of life has improved dramatically. And Mark is awesome too! So friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

I was referred to Dr Lysak through my psychologist as I was unable to afford my psychological treatment. I am so truly grateful for the care and support from this wonderful team. Dr Lysak is truly one of a kind. She is there for you and is very knowledgeable in treatment of complex cases and severe anxiety/panic disorders. She even took the time to talk with my partner and ask questions and inform him of my situation. Not many doctors will do that for you. I have homework and coping exercises to help to combat the anxiety. Medications were given and she was able to go outside the box of the traditional medications given by GPs. No more living in a daze. I know her plan for me is healing, not just a bandaid. Mark is great support too with all the tasks of taking care of the front end (computer work/paperwork/scheduling.) He always gets back to you asap, either by email, phone or text and if you have a question for Dr Lysak, you never have to wait for hours or days to get a response. I am truly for the expertise and kindness of Dr Lysak and Mark. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Lysak for your care. She listens when most docs just keep talking and always has a smile. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

I have had a different experience with Dr. Lysak though I did find her competent as opposed to all of the other psychiatrists that I have had in the past. When I got assigned to her at first she appeared very knowledgeable but after she resigned from Vic mental health I found myself without a doctor, then I heard that she was still practicing in Victoria so I thought that I could see if I could go back to her as I actually believed her reason for leaving. I contacted her office through my GP and my GP told me she had rejected my referral and said that their was nothing more she could do for me, she gave up on me, now I am still without a doctor and on a waiting list for another for several months now. When I first met her I had such high hopes that she could help me, she brought lots of knowledge to my situation and some solutions but in the end she dumped me. I was nothing but nice to her and she turned her back on my case. I have to say throughout my life I have had friends that have done this to me because of my mental illness they had the stigma, but never a doctor so I have never felt so rejected by a doctor in all my life. After this experience this shows yet again how sad and poor our mental health system and doctors have gotten. I would like nothing more than to find a doctor who is actually helpful and sticks with you, but I guess she is incapable of doing that. I am gratefull for what little time and information she gave me but will always be disappointed by her cowardly actions. I sincerely hope that she gets help for her alergies and her poor decisions.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Dr. Pauline Lysak

Dr. Pauline Lysak's response
As noted, I was forced to leave VMHC due to severe environmental allergies. I then opened a private practice. Because the two practice settings are very different (e.g. different resources and treatments available), some people I could see at VMHC couldn't realistically be seen at my new office, and vice versa. As an example (I believe not this person's situation) the standard of care for schizophrenia requires a multidisciplinary team, which I don't have available, so I don't see patients with schizophrenia now, though I did at VMHC. Before I left VMHC, I sat down with the team and we went through all my patients to determine where they would get the best care based on their own unique needs. Some stayed at VMHC and saw other doctors, some came to my new practice, some were referred elsewhere, etc. I can assure you that stigma or a desire to dump someone is not a factor in whether or not I see a patient in my current practice. Instead this is based on medical need and what help I can responsibly provide with the limited resources I have available. I'm sorry if something different came across in this situation.

Submitted July 4, 2016

Such an amazing doctor. I can never thank her and Mark enough.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr Lysak has been the only doctor that has made me feel like a person with real feelings and who takes the time to listen, consider all options and is compassionate and never gives up on me. I'm not sure how I could have gotten through without her! The staff are always friendly understanding and extremely personable...I would highly recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

Dr. Pauline Lysak's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Dr. Lysak is an accomplished private practice general psychiatrist, with a particular interest in treating complex patients having both physical and mental comorbidities. Her practice of psychiatry relies on a broad knowledge of organic medical conditions (e.g. vitamin deficiencies, effects of other illnesses and medications used to treat them). She draws upon a wide range of psychopharmalogical and psychotherapeutic treatments when working together with her patients.

• English

• University of Alberta (Grad. 1999)

• Anxiety
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy