Ratings for Dr. James D. Thacker

I do not know this doctor I admit that. But when I read to reviews in a row with a lot of exclamation points, stating this is not a "pill mill?" I smell a review posted by either a staff member or someone posting a review requested by this particular doctor, hmmm...

flag | Submitted December 30, 2019

I trust him with my life! Dr T does alot more than write meds. Ive suffered for over 30 yrs now and had given up on ever feeling any better until I found him. You will be pleased

flag | Submitted December 10, 2019

BEST pain management doctor around!!! He cares for you. NOT a pill mill!!! If you are just looking for meds the forget it!! He listens to you and he will help you as long as you let him. I have been in pain for many years and have seen another doctor that is no longer around and I am thankful that I found this doctor because he TRULY CARES and doesn't just push pills on you like my last one did. Dr. Thacker works with you to help you feel better by other methods as well. Very Very thankful for Dr. Thacker!!! His staff is great!! No problems with appointments or billing. Other doctors offices need to come and see how Dr. Thacker and staff run this office. Anyway if you are truly needing pain management then this is the place. NOT A PILL MILL and if that's all you want then forget it cause it's not happening here!!!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

Best pain management doctor around!!! Doesnt push anything on you!! If you are looking for just pills forget it!!! Dr. Thacker is NOT a pill pusher!! He will do anything and everything to help you get out of pain. He spends time with you and LISTENS to you. I am very thankful that he is my doctor!! He really cares!!! And staff have been great!!!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2018

Very good doctor but the wait times are very bad. Everytime I have gone in there I had to wait at least a hour and 30 min. Thats the only problem with this doctor. Dr. Thacker is very good doctor and he does care.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

I found that Dr. Thacker and entire staff were very professional, knowledgable & courteous. I signed up for the Hormone pellets and they have been everything the Dr. said-great!!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

If you are looking for a pill mill - this is NOT the place. If you are looking for true compassion and help with your issues - Dr. Thacker is the BEST! He has raised the functioning level of both me and other members of my family through his comprehensive approach of supplements, techniques, therapy, injections, and many other techniques to try to avoid any type of addiction to narcotics and invasive surgeries that are often more symptomatic than helpful. His compassion is evident and he truly cares for his patients. His wait time is more than 10 minutes because he is taking time to dig deeper with each patient. I am MORE than willing to wait for quality care versus a pill mill. I can never say enough about how much Dr. Thacker and Ms. Sandra have helped our family! Truly a God send!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

His office manager which is his wife is nuts, she says she will call you back and then you never hear from her, she talks to the staff as if they are nobody's, dr. Thacker pushes testosterone pellets and can't even explain how that will help my pain. Wait time was over 2 hours. Best advice I can give is don't go there!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

This place is nothing more than a pill mill. Will never go back. Office manager has attitude when I asked her a few questions

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I'm 35 now I had back trouble for almost 5 years. I saw 4 specialist and not any of them helped me. I took pain meds none stop so I could work and keep going. The first time I met this Dr. Thacker he carried me to his exam room and while he was looking me over he said tell me your story. I started told him everything I had and tried. That let me know he was a good doctor because he wanted to know what was up. Then after his exam he asked me had I ever hit my head or had neck injury. I told him no that I hadn't. He said so your back is the ony thing that hurts. I said yes why. His reply was turn your head all the way to the left and then I realized what I didn't even know myself. My neck killed me to turn it to the left. I told him that my back had killed me so much I was unaware that my neck had any problems. Basically he fixed my back within a couple months. Got off the pain meds that all the other dr. Threw at me. Still have the neck problems but, I can deal with that myself. As far as the back goes it's still great. I would like to say if your someone that takes pain meds for real pain and want to get better and live a better life go see him. I know he can't fix every single person. But, I have enough faith in this man that he will fix anyone he can. He's a One of a kinda Dr. That believes in what works. Their isn't no way to describe how well he is. Every patient is different and their isn't a routine thing he does. He gets his info and then his mind goes to work. He really is a special Dr.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. James D. Thacker's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1983)

HealthPartners