Ratings for Dr. Salima Printer

Excellent doctor, very personable. Truly dedicated to her patients. Explanations easy to understand. Never feel rushed during appointment. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Dr. Printer was very patient with the children. She knew how to talk to them and exactly how to interpret their answers. very good with kids.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Extremely patient, explains the steps of her exam throughly and is very knowledgeable. Great staff at the Store as well, knowledgeable and accommodating. Great experience overall.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Printer now for 2 years. She also cares for my two teenaged daughters. She is the first eye care professional that my children love to visit! I never meet resistance from my children when its time for their annual eye exam. She is friendly, knowledgeable, personable, and shows true compassion for her patients. My one daughter wanted to be fitted for contacts, and yes, she was booked for another visit, but this is routine practice. There was no charge for this visit. We never felt rushed at any of our appointments (either with the doctor or at the contact fitting session). I highly recommended Dr. Printer and her staff and will continue to entrust our care to her.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

dr printer is terrific. friendly and intelligent !

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

I was skeptical about the level of care I would receive at a big box store (Real Canadian SuperStore) & for the low cost of $75. And cash? Who pays cash to see a Doctor in Canada? I read a couple reviews on-line about Dr Salima Printer and wasn't convinced but since my eye doctor had retired, I'd put off getting my eyes checked & thought it's just 1 time. RCSS was convenient in location & hours. I was very happy with my visit - Dr Printer is personable, listens to you, explains what she's doing, doesn't rush you thru. I was very happy with the amount of time she spent with me & level of care I received & the cost is so low! I recommend her to anyone needing a routine eye exam. Good Job Loblaws hang onto her while you can.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

I had an appointment with this Optometrist at the Superstore in Whitby. Most of the eye tests were done by regular staff in lab coats (not the Optometrist). When I asked them about the results of those test they told me it would be ILLEGAL for them to discuss the results as they were not doctors. Dr. Salima Printer rushed me through the "letter reading" part of the exam (took less time than the other tests) and sent me out the door with a prescription. I inquired about contact lenses and the doctor told me I would have to get fitted by the staff - who then proceeded to tell me I would need to book a new appointment with the doctor on a different date to get fitted. Talk about a shakedown. So I paid $80 for an exam where they withheld information about my eye tests (because it is apparently illegal for them to talk about the results of an eye exam) .. tried to charge me extra to get fitted for contact lenses and rushed me through the entire process in a matter of minutes.

Submitted May 28, 2012

Doctor Printer has an office inside of the Real Canadian Superstore Optical Department, she is a pediatric specialist (for kids) as well as a family eye doctor! She is kind, sweet and understanding,and provides an extensive and thorough eye exam! Myself and my family were very happy with her and the experience we had at the Superstore Optical, excellent value, amazing warranty and great staff!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012