Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Schlitt

Don't go to this guy for treatment of hydrocephalus. He did an incomplete replacement of the ventricular shunt using the original valve; broke that valve when he inserted new tubing but left all in place; dug out 60cc's of brain tissue in his futile effort to recover the now free floating tube; and ignored several days of excruciating post-op symptoms of a huge subdural hematoma. If his quackery isn't enough to warn you off then be warned of dishonesty in his operation notes: he claimed to have performed and was compensated for operational practices that he did not do. This guy is dangerous.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

I herniated my L3/4 in March of 2010. I was transported to the emergency room via ambulance and talked to Dr. Schlitt on the phone and that is when we scheduled the surgery. I met him for the very first time the morning of the surgery. When I woke up from my surgery, as my epidural started to wear off, he came to check on me. I asked him why I couldn't move my right leg. He said that this was normal following surgery and that my nerves would regenerate at the rate of an inch a month. I'm freakishly long legged and from toes to hips is 54". So - 54 months was my expected recovery time. I was a 28 year old mother of three. I was devastated. By the time I realized that he knew better and that I should sue him I was only 45 days from end of limitations on the case and couldn't get a lawyer to take it. HE SCREWED UP AND LIED TO MY FACE. He should have his license pulled. I am now disabled and my medical history is so thick it only took 3 months to get approved. Thanks, Doc.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

I am about 2 ½ weeks post op from having a Spinal Stimulator implanted by Michael Schlitt MD. My first order of business is to let you know that he was amazing and I am grateful that I found him. He is a very busy Dr. and while prior to my two procedures I was not too sure that I could handle his bed side manner. However He has a good reputation with the hospital staff. I had to be awake for my surgeries and he and the surgical team took amazing care of me. Being awake for 2 ½ hours of surgery is something you have to be mentally prepared for. Dr. Schlitt MD and I were a team and I had no surprises.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

I herniated my disc at work and Dr. Schlitt said he does NOT do L&I claims. He told me I had an hereditary spinal condition and said he was going to have to cut 3 sections of my spine, he would also repair my disc while he 'was in there,' but he was going to make that a secondary problem so he could run it through my insurance, Not L&I. I went to Dr. Woens for a 2nd opinion. He said I do NOT have any hereditary spinal condition & I did NOT need ANY of my spine cut out! He said I more than likely hurt it at work as I explained & he performed a microdisectomy & ran it thru L&I. L&I just DENIED my claim because DR. SCHLITT LIED in his report & said that I told him I hurt my back while reconstructing my house! I don't know the first thing about reconstructing a house! I ran into someone else that Dr. Schlitt did the Same thing to & he let Dr. Schlitt cut his spine & screw him out of his L&I claim! This guy should be in PRISON! He ruined my LIFE!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

Dr. Schlitt performed back surgery on me in July of 2008. During this procedure he cut some nerves in my spine that resulted in partial paralysis and numbness in my left leg along with a whole list of other side effects including excruciating pain. He falsified my medical file (according to my medical record, surgery went perfect) and as such I am having a great deal of trouble getting disability as I am now unable to work due to the pain that I must endure after any physical activity. "Physical activity" does not just mean work. I have also had to cut out almost ALL of the social activities that I did for many years. SSD/SSI has already rejected me twice and Dr. Schlitt still refuses to properly update my medical records to show that there was in fact nerve damage caused by the surgery he performed on me. This, in spite of the fact that, when I asked him, it was approx 3 years past the statute of limitations for me to be able to sue him. He looks out for number one only.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr Schlitt is the exact Dr you want if you are heading into critical surgery! Dr Schlitt performed cervical surgery on my wife due to a car accident. Schlitt was professional, knowledgeable and always put his patient first. He walked us through the options and allowed us to ask any & all of the questions we had. Each of our concerns or fears were addressed. We can’t thank Dr Schlitt enough for his pre & post surgery care. Simple the best Surgeon in the Northwest.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

my dad had class4 brain cancer. he did an excellent surgery (inserted chemo rods into his brain) that gave him 12 more months to live. Now the bad, a week later my dad went to his office to have staples taken out of his head, dr schlitt just left the room a few minutes later my dad collasped, we ran out to get help, he was on the phone with his stock broker and refused to hang up or deal with the situation, his stock trade was more important. we got his nurse who offer little help.. it was only after we threaten to call 911 (medical+police) against him that he came back to the room and did something. my Verdict.. no bedside matter, doesn't care about his patients, He might save your life when others can't - he is completely against Medicare or national health & runs a political group against it.. We got a letter from the Govt that Dr. Schlitt had violated the law & wasn't Properly unregistered from Medicare, so he was forced to give us a full refund only use in life-death situations

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

Doesn't care about patient. Doesn't admit to mistake. Doesn't apologize. Doesn't follow up. Leaves patient hanging without information. Doesn't provide any kind of after care.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007

I would trust this man completely. I had back surgery a few years ago. He was so caring. When he told me I needed surgery I asked to have another appointment with my husband to explain everything and WHY I needed surgery. He had no problem with that. He took the time to answer all our questions.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2007

My surgery went well with Dr. Schlitt. I found he was very straight forward and took great care of me.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2007

Dr. Michael J. Schlitt's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Top Hospitals in Renton, WA