Ratings for Dr. G Kee

I went to the QCH emergency clinic with two problems. The first was a painful ear and jaw, and the second was extreme weakness, shortness of breath, and blurred vision. Of course I waited 2 or 3 hours to be seen. Eventually Dr. Kee met with me and ordered blood work, jaw and chest X-rays, and a CT scan of the jaw area, on the good chance that the impact behind my ear that had brought me to the ER in the first place had broken mastoid bones. These tests took more hours, especially since the first two attempts at blood work didn't work out--the blood samples were hemolyzing before they got to the lab because the nurse was making tiny mistakes as well as using a new and unfamiliar type of vacutainer. I became a pincushion, and since each attempt to get lab results takes at least an hour, three or four hours went by. Eventually the tests were completed, and the D-dimer test was positive, meaning I was at least at risk for (another) pulmonary embolism and might have already had one. Dr. Kee was able set up a CT scan for my lungs, although it appeared at first that the CT staff had left for the day, it now being about 10 p.m. (I'd come in at 5 p.m.) Dr. Kee went off shift at 11 p.m. This last test involved a bit of a wait after 10 o'clock and was carried out at midnight. I admit that I was not pleased that I had to wait until 1:00 a.m. to be given the results. In my assessment, Dr. Kee is knowledgeable, thorough, and careful. I found him to be pleasant and empathic, and he was neither brusque nor condescending, as--sigh--so many ER doctors can be. I was happy with care he provided.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

I went the to the Queensway Hospital ER, spent a total of 10 hours. Dr. G. Kee made numerous 'tests' that took maybe 15 minutes of his time. By that time I had already waited 7 hours to be seen by a doctor. I was in acute pain, for days, and all he had to say to me is go back home and we can schedule you a CT scan on another day. During his assessment he was unsympathetic, rude and was trying to be funny in a non professional way. I was stressed, in pain and he gave me no answers. I waited in the room, without knowing he had already discharged me and left. I then was told by a nurse that the department of Radiology would call me the next morning to schedule a CT scan. A day later, no call. I ended up having to go back to the ER and was requested to wait again to be admitted. I argued saying I was supposed to be booked for a CT scan and gave them my papers. Finally after hours of waiting again I got a CT scan done. Diagnosis was given to me 4 hours later, Epiploic Appendagitis. He basically told me it's good news and I can take two Advils and the pain and discomfort would subside in 2 weeks. Epiploic Appendagitis, has similar symptoms and pain levels as diverticulitis which is greatly painful and can cause much damage if not properly taken care of. I was crying in pain and basically he smirked in my face and told me there's nothing else he can do. I went back home, in pain, exhausted and in disbelief. Next day I went to my family physician who immediately looked over the radiologist's report (which the ER doctor never gave me and I had to wait another hour to receive it from a nurse I had begged in tears because yet again the ER doctor had vanished and discharged me) and concluded that Antibiotics and Antibacterial medication had to be taken. This said, without these antibiotics, my body wouldn't have been able to recover and beat this painful infection and it could have possibly became worse! I am appalled by the treatment Dr. G. Kee has given me not only on the first day I had spent at the ER for 10 hours but also the same disregard and disrespectful attitude he gave me the second day I came for 6 hours.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017