Dr. Sebastian Tomescu

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sebastian Tomescu

Had a total knee replacement in Dec 2016. Didn't work. Had total knee revision in Aug 2017. My knee is so screwed up now and he refuses to fix it. My knee cap is too far over to the left. Now I have to go for bone scans. So sad when you know your own body yet the doctor doesn't care at all. Gives different excuses but won't say they screwed up. Devastating to say the least.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2020

Was referred to this surgeon after a failed total knee replacement within a year , was done in Hamilton, Dr Tomescu was clear, caring and gave all risks , we decided on a total knee revision, he even took the time a second time to again assure me , surgery was within 30 days, whole team at Holland fantastic compared to Hamilton! Knee already looks and feels better , my turn to do the 50 percent needed to have a good outcome. Downfall, was I had given and asked twice and was assured he would call my family to update ,as they were a few hours away, never happened , they ended up calling long distance to make sure I was okay. 6 weeks to go , fingers crossed it’s finally pain free 👍 . Thank you Dr Tomescu , fellows and staff

flag | Submitted November 4, 2019

I have been working with Dr. Tomescu for 6 years now. I have had 2 knee surgeries with him. Nothing but excellent care, full of knowledge, and very personable. He wants you to put in the work also. The wait list is long with him, but he is very worth it. The only thing is his staff he works with especially his assistant, she is very rude. Outside of that, surgery staff are wonderful day of. Go prepared with questions, and your visit will go well. Wish I saw him earlier then I did.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2019

It puzzles me when some Doctors such as Dr. Sebastian Tomescu DO NOT CARE about patients or the pain they are in. I was referred to Dr. Tomescu by my family doctor and the response I had from Dr. Tomescu's staff was that the doctor does not want to see me because of the issue I was referred for. They told me I had to go see a physiotherapist. I've been doing physiotherapy for 5 years with no results. I can hardly walk and the pain I have is unbearable. Soon I might not be able to get out of the bed. How can a doctor in Canada just push a suffering patient away???

flag | Submitted September 17, 2019

Had it knee high tibia osteotomy realignment fall 2016. Great work

flag | Submitted April 17, 2019

the time of my arrival to holland centre and the time of discharge i was so happy and comfort i was in good hand of doctors and all staff these people were do nice and caring . again thank you so much to everyone in holland orthodaedic centre god bless you all

flag | Submitted April 5, 2019

Dr. Tomescu performed a Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy on my left knee in November 2018. The procedure went smoothly and my are at Sunnybrook Holland Centre was great. One of the nurses that stood out was Francesca. I had feared the worst going in to this procedure and I have to say it really wasn't too bad at all. He had me up and walking the next day and I was able to use the bathroom on my own pretty much right away. I am still working on gaining my range of motion and strength back but I have no doubt it will get there in due time. Very impressed with Dr. Tomescu and his team!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2019

Dr. Tomescu performed a TKR for me in October 2018. Every step of the process with both Dr. Tomescu and the wonderful support staff at Holland Centre was thorough, professional, caring and reassuring. Three months later I am extremely pleased with the outcome to date and very much appreciate the treatment I was accorded.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2018

I've seen Dr. Tomescu for patellofemoral issues after multiple failed surgeries. I knew immediately that I was in the right place after meeting him. The clinic is busy, but organized, and the staff are friendly. I had an osteotomy done on one tibia, and an upcoming patellafemoral replacement. Having had 8 knee operations with different surgeons, I can vouch for Dr. Tomescu's expertise, and very much appreciate his professional manner and tone, and have also had a great experience with his admin staff. Come in with a good attitude, and you'll get a great deal of kindness and respect returned.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2018

Dr Tomescu did my rotational tibia osteotomy about 10 months ago. On the day of my surgery he explained the procedure to me again and made sure i was good to go as he could tell i was nervous. He came in the next morning and explained the hardware he ended up using and gave me the thumbs up to head home. After a few follow up appointments he decided it was best to book me in to have some hardware and scar tissue removed. I've now been wait 3 plus months but know it will be worth the wait as Tomescu is clearly a very busy surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018