Ratings for Dr. Charles Secretan

Dr. Secretan has been awesome help since the first day I broke my leg. I was worried about the scar over my new tattoo and he lined it up beautifully and for it being my first break there's not much pain it's only been 3 weeks since the initial break and surgery had 3 casts and now in an aircast which feels weird but does the trick for not twisting my leg. He has a good sense of humour when I was paranoid about not being able to walk right and now I'm waiting for the day I can walk without crutches anymore still have two months to go that I know of but it's not too bad. He is an amazing surgeon.. I appreciate how he made me feel through this process.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

This guy is a joke!!! Was great at first knew all the right things to say. I let him cut into me and I'm worse off than before and now I need a lawyer.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Not sure what to say. My daughter broke her medial epicondial 6 weeks ago. Took her to emergency and they did an x-Ray. He looked at it over his email and said to half cast it. The nurse was amazing and totally took her fears away. Saw Dr. Secret an two weeks later and he put a full cast on but said there was no hangs to the break. Two weeks later they removed the full cast already and did another x-Ray, still no change in the break. He said no tensor and no physio necessary. When I asked when she could go back to gymnastics he said maybe in a few weeks. He didn't even want to see her for a follow up. Now her elbow is till extremely swollen and painful and she can't straighten it at all. I'm very concerned that she may never return to gymnastics and continue a sport she is very passionate about. I even told him she was an athlete and needed full use of her elbow. He was not very compassionate and made us feel like we waisted his time. Not sure what to do now!!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

I am a 59 yearoldretired nurse. I have suffered with arthritis for 10 years as I was not looking forward to having this surgery. Dr. secret an was wonderful and put all my fears and worries to rest. He was easy to talk to and listened to everything I had to say. I saw him regularly while in hospital and have nothing but respect for his skills and ability. 13 days post op and I am walking with 1 crutch for security more than a need.....impressed is all I can say.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

My lower leg was a mess after I broke it into pieces skiing last Feb. 1014. My fibula was broken, my tibia plateau had 7 to 9 fractures, and my tibia was broken in 2 places with a spiral fracture. I received immediate surgery with a 25+ cm plate and 15 pins and screws. The tibia plateau healed but the a non-union of the spiral break became evident. I was referred to Dr. Secretan and 7 months later, he removed the plate, pins, and screws, then ground down the callous matter that had developed over the non-union portions of the spiral fracture, realigned another piece of my tibia that had broken away, and installed a bigger plate (35-cms) with 11 pins and bolts. The surgery went very well - Dr. Secretan worked his magic, the nurses were excellent, and for the first time after surgery I did not throw up because the anesthesiologist was sensitive to my needs. Dr. Secretan was creative with the surgical process and even made adjustments part-way through the surgery that would benefit me in the long run. He is professional, knowledgeable, creative with reconstruction, and has excellent bed-side manner. I am happy I can walk again and I highly recommend him to anyone. His staff are also helpful.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

This was the first time and the first time a doctor explained the procedure thoroughly to me and what I was to expect. Just walking me to the operating room and introducing me to the staff there gave me a feeling of confidence. Meeting another patient who had a total hip replacement like myself on the same day (hers was in Vancouver because she said it was better?). Well the difference between the two of us was one month later she still had a walker and cane and I did not? I like that he gets his patients moving as quick as they can. Great Doctor

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I recently had total hip replacement surgery with Dr. Secreten. I had heard nothing but very positive comments (from many people, health care workers, etc)about Dr. Secreten's ability and that was very comforting to me. I could certainly tell that he is highly regarded and respected. I had the opportunity to meet with him right before the surgery to ask any questions, and he met with me shortly after the surgery, as well as when I was discharged from the hospital. I then met with him again two weeks' later for follow-up, and have another follow-up appointment with him in a month. He has always been very accessible and his bedside manner is excellent and he is always very pleasant. I received very good care from him, his staff, and the staff at the Vernon hospital before, during, and after the procedure and am well on my way to recovery having had very little pain or discomfort. I consider myself lucky to have been hooked up with a doctor/surgeon of this calibre.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

He pays no attention to his patients, does not believe them when they are in pain, and does not put genuine care into helping solve the issue. His goal is to get you out of there as fast as possible, whether your needs have been met or not.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Nothing but good experiences with the doctor. Helped me when I needed it and was pleasant to deal with at every turn. As important as this, is the fact that everyone (other doctors, nurses, stretcher movers, etc) I encountered in the hospital before and after the operation was very positive in their comments about Dr Secretan. These in-person testimonials gave me a sense of comfort resulting in a more relaxed and helpful patient.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

I had Dr. Secretan do surgery on my foot and ankle after a severe break. I couldn't of been happier with the work he did and the time he takes to explain everything fully to make sure you understand exactly whats going on. I would 100% recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013