Ratings for Dr. Charles Secretan

I would like to echo some of the other comments. Doctor Secretan hurt me too and I never healed. I found him to be rude and under qualified. I am in pain every day because of him and some days I can hardly walk. But at least he was always on time.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Had my hip replaced by Dr. Secretan over a year ago. I couldn't be happier with the results. Am back skiing and hiking with no pain. It is a new life and I am very thankful to Dr. Secretan!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Doctor Secretan is horrible with the worst post surgical follow up ever. His secretary is rude and not very good at being a secretary.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Dr. Secretan is an excellent surgeon! I would highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Dr. Secretan was very helpful and I could see that he was caring and wanted to ensure that he followed up with his patients. I have no concerns. He performed the surgery for my knee replacement after my old knee wore out from all the sports I played and an old torn cartilage from the 70's.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

This guy is a joke! He now ruined the rest of my life and I'm very young. He can sure talk but when it comes down to it he can't perform! Lawyer up before you let him do anything to you! His secretary is stuck up and will sc**w you over as well. Watch out!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I had my right hip replaced by Dr. Secretan with excellent results. I would recommend him to anyone and would definitely seek his help if I need more surgeries in the future.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I was severely injured by a drunk guest at Vernon's Funtastic's event June 2014. I was immobilized in the ER after laying on the grounds at the event for an hour waiting for help and in horrifying pain. Once seen in the ER was informed I required emergency surgery to deal with 2 out of 3 of my fractures. Dr. Secretan was on call and it took 48 hours before he was able to operate and until then I was managed with drugs with no food or water. Dr. Secretan completed the initial surgery and then 7 months later removed the hardware from my left side and kept the other hardware in on my right tibia side of the ankle. I had not regained mobility in my ankle and appeared to be disabled. Dr. Secretan informed me I was As Good As It Gets and discharged me. I walked on my ankle for several more months unsuccessfully until I decided I was not going to accept his diagnosis and did some research on the net to find the BC Foot and Ankle Clinic at St.Paul's hospital in Vancouver. I requested my family doctor to refer me and I waited for 8 months to be seen in the FAST clinic. Tests began and I received an initial diagnoses that if I had to wait another 2 years for help my ankle/foot would be completely done. I was referred very quickly and seen within a week by one of the top surgeons at this clinic . I was given a Bone and CT scan and a MRI. When I went in for my MRI results I was instructed to stay in the area to allow the surgeon to operate on me the next day because low and behold, Dr. Secretan had screwed my good tibia tendon to my tibia at the site of the break. My tibia tendon was seriously damaged both on the inside and outside. I continue to work with the hospital on the coast as I still have other issues and from where I am three years later I am still disabled with limited mobility and potential damaging still occurring to my ankle. So thanks Dr. Secretan for your very educated diagnosis of " I AM AS GOOD AS IT GETS!! People listen to your intuition, if something doesn't feel right, pursue it to the end, don't ever give up and do not assume that Dr. Secretan is god and knows all. If he tells you, you are as good as it gets, run the other way and get a second or third opinion. He may be good at times, but he is not good all the time. He failed me big time and now I am suffering not only from the actions of a drunk at Funtastic's but also by a doctor who added to my injury instead of repairing it fully.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Smashed my tibia plateau due to a skiing accident at Revelstoke, less than 48 hours out for a return flight to Ontario. Revelstoke Hospital Doctors highly encouraged me to have the surgery at Vernon Jubilee Hospital, especially considering that Dr Secretan was on duty and my leg had become severely swollen. Dr. Secretan performed the surgery that same day. I found him to be very knowledgeable and professional. Swelling and pain greatly reduced during my two night stay at Vernon Hospital, and I got on the planes back to Ontario safely. My Orthopedic doctor in Ontario is also a great admirer of Dr. Secretan's work. Also the nursing staff at Vernon Jubilee Hospital get top marks !!!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Replaced both of my hips with outstanding results. Great office staff and exceptional in hospital care. He also saw me several times after the surgery to help m through the recovery process.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016