Ratings for Dr. Derek Yu

Excellent Doctor with great bed side manner. Very patient to ensure he has answered all your questions.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr. Derek Yu takes an interest in my father's liver health. He is comprehensive in his medical assessments and diagnostic tests and follow-up care. We need more specialists like Dr. Derek Yu in all medical service areas.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

I am thankful to Dr. Yu for taking the appropriate time to hear my story. He is very practical. I am scheduled for some further investigations next month. I am confident we will be able to find a solution.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Dr. Yu is very attentive to my needs. He is quick to call me back and offers very practical advice, especially whey my symptoms flare.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

dr. Yu is an excellent Dr. I have been going to him for 5 years. He has never rushed me when I get into his office. I would recommend him100%.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I found Dr. Yu to be very kind, patient and extremely helpful in addressing all my concerns. At no time did he rush me, but made me feel very comfortable as I asked my many questions. I would not hesitate to recommend this very knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Dr Yu helped me a great deal. I have Eosinophilic Esophagitis {EE}. It is a condition that is difficult to diagnose and even more difficult to treat. Since I started a steroid medication, I can swallow food more easily now. Afterwards, he outlined my dietary treatment options to me which seem to be working well.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Procedures always make me feel squeamish and I was not looking forward to a colonoscopy. Dr. Yu put me at ease. His gentle manner made me feel safe. He took out a large polyp that could have turned into cancer!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. Yu shows compassion for his patients. He is very knowledgeable. He spent a significant amoutn of timke with me to explain various biologic therapies.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I just had an appt with Dr. Yu last week. He was recommended by my family Dr. who assured me that I would really like him. I was SUPER impressed. He was extremely knowledgeable, gave me great advice, and he had a great sense of humour to boot. Very pleasant surprise!

Dr. Derek Yu's Credentials