Ratings for Dr. James Wong

Having had a urethro plasty ( that he stuffed up) it seems all records have mysteriously gone missing. He talked down to me, and I have a PhD myself. Waited 30 min to get in for a five min appointment where he charged a huge amount, then said I should see him in two weeks. Rip off merchant and rude. Very hard to understand also. Do yourself a favour and go to someone who knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Having years of experience with damaged urethral and other urologists I can recommend James as the best I have experienced. I found his surgical skills beyond belief, straight foreward to the point of being blunt. But necessary, which may offend, caring with good sense of humour. If you have a uretha that is damaged this is the doctor you need.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I find him to be excellent overall (bladder cancer) issue although one needs to raise questions to get all pertinent info. Not arrogant but business like.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Have waited three tense weeks for results of biopsy as cancer runs in my husband's family. Told today that he had to make an appt at the Montford which will take two more weeks. Asked for results over the phone as timing is imperative and was vey rudely told No. My husband's understanding was that they would make the appt. Was told that Dr. Wong has no nurse??? Make sure you do your own follow up with this doctor as they seem to busy to look after things. Have waited three tense weeks to get results of biopsy as prostate cancer runs in my husband's family. Told today that he would have to make an appt at the Montford to get results. As time is imperative we asked for results over the phone and was rudely told No. My husband understood that they would male this appt. Was told Dr Wong does not have a nurse??? Make sure you do all follow up yourself as this office seems to busy to do any follow up.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Absolutely Terrible. Went in for a consult on procedure. Talked down to me and said he won't do it because i may or may not have more kids. After I told him husband had a vasectomy and we were done. He said no anyways because I'm still young. 2 years of my life wasted with this guy getting appointments. My family doctor agree's with me now on the wait list for another doctor :( Never would I recommend such a rude doctor.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Very innovative guy. Found a great solution to a difficult medical problem. Excellent technical skills as well.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Lacking in knowledge. Can't do a physical properly. Rushed. Didn't even come in to talk to me. Sent in his assistant. Uhm, what?

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I saw Dr. Wong today (May 12) for a consultation, for what I would consider to be a very concerning and stressful procedure for any patient, and he made me feel at completely at ease. He is undoubtedly one of the best urologists anywhere, and I could tell this simply from our consultation.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

The best of the best. Highly recommend him. He is very knowledgeable, well experienced, and very caring, yet upfront, honest, and to the point. I have a great deal of confidence and respect for him, and his staff. I would definitely seek his assistance again if needed, without any hesitation.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Great doctor. I appreciate that a surgeon can be so caring

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016