Ratings for Dr. Halario Lepena

I have never been more disgusted with a doctor in my life. He had a resident with him during my exam and spoke directly to her rather than to me, sharing little to no information with me about the issue i had been referred to him for and the procedure I was booking with him. At the end of my appointment, I shared my concerns with him, and told him I felt it would have been better practice if he had asked if the resident could be present and focused on the patient first and his teaching lesson second. He then asked if I would be comfortable with the resident being present during my procedure. When I said no, he advised that because of that, I would not be able to have my procedure performed by him. I got the distinct impression that he was refusing care out of spite. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Dr. Lepena is an outstanding family doctor, he has helped both my wife and I termendously. He gets down to the root cause of everything, and is not a script happy Dr which I respect. Our family is much healthier since becoming his patients.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012