Ratings for Dr. Angeline Chong

These rating sites are silly. She's a great doctor. furthermore, You don't get degrees from John Hopkins without being good....

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr. Angeline Chong is an exceptional endocrinologist. I have never had had a doctor so patient, intelligent, diligent, and nonjudgmental. She is willing to listen instead of doing all the talking and I feel like an actual person and not just a patient when I interact with her. She is careful in her work and communicates with my family doctor and other specialists which I think is so crucial in making sure nothing is overlooked in my care. After having my diabetes mismanaged for the past eight years, I am finally on track thanks to her deep knowledge and understanding of how diet and medicines work. Not only does she listen conscientiously, but also she answers my questions thoroughly and patiently. She follows through on every test she sends me for (her assistant is amazing in keeping everything organized, by the way), and she is very detailed about my medical history. Her true caring and empathy really shines through. Every doctor should be like Dr. Chong.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and naturally I was nervous upon learning that I'd have to inject insulin 4 times a day throughout my pregnancy. I had a lot of questions and Dr. Chong made me feel incredibly judged... as if I was being completely ridiculous. She would barely make eye contact, would rush through my questions and I just felt rushed in general. When diabetes is a new concept in your life and you're somewhat anxious, a doctor should be reassuring, not act as though they're annoyed by you.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

She is helpful every time I see her. She explains everything to me and makes sure I know what I'm to do with my pills and insulin. She is calm and has a very pleasant manner and excellent skills. She is really helpful and is sensitive to your feelings. She doesn't make you feeling judged. She is very patient with all my questions and concerns. She is punctual. In fact, she is the most puntual doctor I can remember having. My diabetes has never been better controlled. I have recommended family and friends to see her and they have been just as happy with her as I have been.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Horrible doctor, never makes eye contact and asks questions in a droning voice but really does not listen to any concerns. I would not recommend her at all. Receptionist put the wrong date on my appointment card and blamed me.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I had two visits. First ... no judging. Second ... 1/ not discussing the test results, with the patient only sending me to more tests 2/ did not discus the rational behind that decision she took for me 3/ she decided to exclude all the issues in the pictures as she is focusing one that ma take 18 months to monitor 4/ she is reading information from a public website 5/ not to mention the incapable receptionist to take the blood pressure or high, weight. I am extremely disappointed of this kind / type of specialist. Never return or recommend this one to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Absolutely horrible social skills, doesn't explain rationale for diagnosis, and definitely does not like being challenged. If you are the type of person who wants to work in conjunction with your doctor as opposed to blindly following prescribed advice, this will not be the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Dr. Chong is an excellent doctor. She is very knowledgeable and thorough. I had several thyroid biopsies to do two years ago so I saw her many times. She is never in a hurry and makes sure all your questions are answered and explains the options for treatment thoroughly. She is compassionate and concerned about my well being during the long process. I see her yearly now and am always well informed. Her receptionist has always been kind and efficient. I find previous negative comments surprising - she has always been great with me.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

I was referred to her after being with a more belittling doctor prior, and shes pretty decent. Though its generally an in and out meeting always, she does listen and ask questions. All in all, cant complain to much.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Chong for diabetes. Dr Chong has been wonderful. I have nothing but great things to say about her. It's too bad I can't say the same about her receptionist. As seems to be a common theme on here, her receptionist is very unprofessional. In fact she is rude and disrespectful. I was 5 minutes late for my appointment as the clinic had no parking and their elevator was out of service. After running up 7 flights of stairs I was lectured about being late in front of other clinic staff. I wasn't able to keep my appointment although there was no one else in the waiting room. Normally I could deal with this as I was late, but it's her disrespectfulness that I could not accept. Needless to say I'll be asking my family doctor for a referral to a different endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015