Ratings for Dr. Quoc Huynh

Aside from Dr. Quoc Huynh's secretary, who is nothing less then phenomenal, this Dr. Performed a gull bladder removal on me on Feb. 2017. What was suppose to be a routine procedure, ended up being a horrific nightmare. For this pricedure, it is common to only stay in the hospital for a maximum of 2 days (at most). Due to Dr. Huynh's errors which consisted of him leaving a large stone blocking the liver passage way (something that could of been prevented had he been more thorough, I expericed severe Jaunduce, fever, vomiting and excruciating pain not only in my stomach but lower back as well. I ended up up staying in the hospital for 3 weeks. At this point although I was still very ill, I was discharged. When I spoke to Dr. Huynh about my concerns he simply stated "Well, nothing is certain in life and all I can do is try my best". I ended up going back to see Dr. Eric Leong, for endoscopy twice and he was unable to remove the stone. This ridiculous experience endured seven months until I was blessed with the honour of having Dr. Gary R May (St. Mike's hospital) fully remove the stone upon first procedure in 1h and 30mins. Dr. May was so surprised and appoligetic for the errors done by Dr. Quoc Huynh and Dr. Eric Leong. Please stay away from these two doctors (if that's what they claim to be) as they both played with my life and this has taken a huge toll on me not only physically but emotinally as well. Thank you.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Did surgery on my mom and he took very good care of her.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

fantastic Dr !!! highly recommended I drive 4 plus hours to see him!!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Developed a bowel obstruction after surgery that Dr Quoc Huynh completed , He nor his office provides any after care, beware of this doctor. This review is being written while in hospital

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Developed complications (internal bleeding) from what was supposed to be a routine hernia repair, needed a second operation within an hour of the first one, got discharged the next morning, ended up back in the emergency dept the same night, and was readmitted to the hospital, tried to contact Dr. Quoc Huynh, MD, FRCS(C) only to find out two days later that he was out of the country, no one fromDr. Quoc Huynh, office visited me in the hospital to follow up on the emergency hospital stay. Do your self a favor and go to Shouldice, wish I did!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Great Surgeon!!!!!!!! Felt really at ease with him operating on me!!!! Great post op care also.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013