Ratings for Dr. Tim Lewis

He is an amzing Surgeon... my husband had a knee replacement 4 days ago.. he is walking on it and pain is less then before surgery... I would recomend him to all my family and friends..He does his part and you need to do your part and do the exercise and you will have the best results.. Again he is the best out there... Thanks again DR Lewis.... Larry and Denise

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

I have never had such an unprofessional doctor. My daughter broke her arm and he was nothing but judgemental and condescending.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

My son's visit to emerg was November 2004 not 2006. I made a typo.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr. Lewis is a very knowledgeable specialist. He sits with you explains everything to you including your treatment options, then lets you decide what you want to do. He does not sugar coat stuff by any means and he is definitely no nonsense. He is bar none an excellent surgeon and his follow up is excellent. We have great respect for this man.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

My 19 year old son was seen in emergency at 10 pm in November 2006 by Resident Tim Lewis. We had driven to Ottawa to get our son and bring him home to our local hospital for care. Dr. Lewis saw every patient before my son, who was finally seen at 2am. My son was in severe abdominal pain. He had been throwing up everything he ate for 3 days. We gave our son apple juice at 11 pm which he vomitted in the emerg at 1 am. I overheard Tim Lewis say to his staff physician that he thought our son was avoiding exams. I had insisted the staff surgeon be consulted s Whe Tim Lewis tried to send us home. After IV morphine was given, our son was sent home with a diagnosis of flu. This arrogant resident missed the opportunity to save unknown suffering in a teenage boy. He went back to Ottawa where he was diagnosed with colon cancer which had completely obstructed his bowel. Emergency surgery was required. I hope you read this, Tim Lewis and stop inflicting pain with your arrogance.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Last winter I was out cross country skiing and at the 5 km mark of a 8 km run I lost control on a polished hill and went off the trail resulting in what I thought was a sprain. Turned out it was a fracture so the emerg Dr made an appt for me to see Dr Lewis. I met him at the Ortho Clinic which was packed! While my appt was not exactly on time the wait was not outrageous. Dr Lewis was an excellent Dr. He explained the nature of the fracture and what my options were in an efficient and pleasant manner even showing me the x-ray and pointing out the issue... something he did with alot of people. He was clear there would be pain and difficulty moving and insisted I work through the pain and not baby my foot. Surgery was a potential option but he wanted to wait as cutting me open would result in unnecessary pain if I could heal and follow his instructions. This is something I heard him repeat many times to people while waiting to speak with him.... "You will have pain, reduced mobility and reduced strength... it comes with the injury" Remember people you are there for him to fix something that he didn't create and you likely played a HUGE role in creating or your injury is part of the natural aging process... but that too is not something he created so if he is blunt with you perhaps you should listen. I certainly prefer a Doctor that puts all the information on the table... whether I want to hear it or not because its my life and therefore my responsibility.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr. Tim Lewis is the best!! I had two total knee replacements. He was always right there when I needed him. Answered all my qyestions and got the whole ordeal over very quickly...

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

This person is the most arrogant, rude, demeaning Dr. I have ever met. After spending 30 minutes with me and my husband with his sarcasm and insults, he finally said he would have to refer my husband to someone else. What an awful experience.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I went to see Dr. Lewis for the first time yesterday, June 10, 2015. I was a little worried about meeting him after all these reviews I read. I absolutely disagree with those negative reviews about his personality. He was extremely patient, helpful and knowledgeable and efficient. He does have a wry sense of humour. Overall, I will not hesitate to dispute those negative comments below and would recommend to anyone reading these to just ignore those comments and judge for yourself. After meeting him I am just astounded at those negative comments.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this physician! He performed a total hip replacement surgery on me recently, and am extremely happy with the result. He came highly recommended to me by other patients, the staff at NBHC sang his praises at my pre-admission clinic, and coupled with my own positive experience, I would highly recommend him to others. I am surprised at some of the negative comments on this site, and personally did not find his bedside manner in any way rude. He explained everything to me thoroughly and patiently. I do not know what people expect of their surgeon, but if they want an excellent result, Dr. Lewis will their choice.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015