Ratings for Dr. Eric Leith

Waste of time going to see this man who evidently does not enjoy his work. I found this doctor cold and dismissive,had to wait 2 hours to see him !!!terrible bedside maner.I should have read the reviews before seing him

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

There was a planned move for this practice and my appointment was scheduled at the new building. The move did not occur as planned but they failed to notify me. I attended my appointment at the new building only to learn I had to drive across town, during rush hour to attend the old office. A follow up was scheduled, which I attended only to find the lights off and the door locked. I called from the lobby and left several messages. I waited half and hour but no one showed up. So on 2 occasions they failed to notify me of a change with my appointment. I will not go back to him. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I left with more questions and confusion in my head than I entered with. He seemed uninterested in doing his actual job: helping diagnose allergies. I never got a concrete answer and instead made me feel bad for being inquisitive and trying to get answers, because he wasn't giving them to me himself so I was trying to ask questions to get information. All I left with was photo copies of some allergy websites that he told me to visit to get answers and "make up your mind because you don't seem to know what you want". I wanted a diagnosis. When I got a skin test on my first visit with him he rushed through what I was reacting to, so I never knew and still don't know for sure what my allergies are and how severe they are. He seemed like he wanted to get me out of there and had to be somewhere. This happened both times I visited him. Would not recommend him to anyone. Find an allergist who respects you and wants to help. He does not speak WITH you, he speaks DOWN to you.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Considering he is supposed to be a "medical expert" he was unprofessional ( asking me if I worked for a living- what relevance does this have?) Instead of answering my questions he gave me "homework" to read and said to come back in 2-3 weeks. The worst part of all of this is that I went to him so that we could have full testing completed asap since we experienced anaphylaxis two days prior. Instead he made two errors with my toddler's allergy test and did not test him for any nuts within the nut family that he was allergic to. I have left with more questions and no answers.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Well educated and very detail oriented. He was pleasant and kind. Just what you need in an allergist. Thought he was fantastic.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Waste of time going to see this man who evidently does not enjoy his work. As a previous medical professional I found this doctor cold and dismissive. Definitely left a bad taste.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Worst Doctor I have seen. No sympathy for his patients.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I had the delight of seeing Dr. Leith for my allergy concerns. I have read what is posted on this page but have a very different experience to share. I found the office quite professional. The secretary was lovely, polite and very accomodating. I personally felt an empty waiting room gave me a sense of relief that I was next to see the doctor and not waiting like my family doctors office. This gave me the opportunity to collect my thoughts for my appointment. I found Dr. Leith to be extremely kind, professional and a keen listener. Yes, I was interrupted a few times but of course I could see he was trying to navigate the conversation for a diagnosis. Of course this is why I went, to find answers and further investigate. I do believe long winded rants on our medical professionals in Canada quite moot. Dare I ask about your schooling, years of study and commitment. All I can say is this fine professional has my confidence. Others on this page are quite transparent....pitty.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Just an a$$hole. Don't go. No bedside manner, rushed, just a prick.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Like many others have said, he simply was arrogant and rude. I'm not looking for someone to sugar coat things and be excessively nice to me, but when I am talking, don't interrupt me. Im not a child and I don't take kindly to people who are quite frankly rude and hold them selves above you. He interupted every explenation I had to his questions. What is the point of askingn a queation if the answer is so unimportant you interupt me by mumbling another question which has no baring on the first question asked. I had been once for a small reaction to strawberries, and his advice was to rub strawberries on my arm and see if I react. Great - excellent input. The second time I went was due to an anaphylactic episode and was admitted to the ER. The next day I got scheduled by the hospital to see him, and had I known it was the same guy I never would of went. He didn't care or even acknowledge anything I had to say. He is clearly the almighty and powerful and nothing you say matters unless he deems it so. His advice was keep eating the same foods and come back in a week. Thanks doc! I will absolutely never go back to him nor would I ever recommend him to anyone who has true concerns about their health. It truly is incredible that this still has a job. If you want to learn nothing about your allergies though - he's your guy!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015