Ratings for Dr. Eric Leith

Considering he is supposed to be a "medical expert" he was unprofessional ( asking me if I worked for a living- what relevance does this have?) Instead of answering my questions he gave me "homework" to read and said to come back in 2-3 weeks. The worst part of all of this is that I went to him so that we could have full testing completed asap since we experienced anaphylaxis two days prior. Instead he made two errors with my toddler's allergy test and did not test him for any nuts within the nut family that he was allergic to. I have left with more questions and no answers.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Waste of time going to see this man who evidently does not enjoy his work. As a previous medical professional I found this doctor cold and dismissive. Definitely left a bad taste.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Worst Doctor I have seen. No sympathy for his patients.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I had the delight of seeing Dr. Leith for my allergy concerns. I have read what is posted on this page but have a very different experience to share. I found the office quite professional. The secretary was lovely, polite and very accomodating. I personally felt an empty waiting room gave me a sense of relief that I was next to see the doctor and not waiting like my family doctors office. This gave me the opportunity to collect my thoughts for my appointment. I found Dr. Leith to be extremely kind, professional and a keen listener. Yes, I was interrupted a few times but of course I could see he was trying to navigate the conversation for a diagnosis. Of course this is why I went, to find answers and further investigate. I do believe long winded rants on our medical professionals in Canada quite moot. Dare I ask about your schooling, years of study and commitment. All I can say is this fine professional has my confidence. Others on this page are quite transparent....pitty.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Just an a$$hole. Don't go. No bedside manner, rushed, just a prick.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Like many others have said, he simply was arrogant and rude. I'm not looking for someone to sugar coat things and be excessively nice to me, but when I am talking, don't interrupt me. Im not a child and I don't take kindly to people who are quite frankly rude and hold them selves above you. He interupted every explenation I had to his questions. What is the point of askingn a queation if the answer is so unimportant you interupt me by mumbling another question which has no baring on the first question asked. I had been once for a small reaction to strawberries, and his advice was to rub strawberries on my arm and see if I react. Great - excellent input. The second time I went was due to an anaphylactic episode and was admitted to the ER. The next day I got scheduled by the hospital to see him, and had I known it was the same guy I never would of went. He didn't care or even acknowledge anything I had to say. He is clearly the almighty and powerful and nothing you say matters unless he deems it so. His advice was keep eating the same foods and come back in a week. Thanks doc! I will absolutely never go back to him nor would I ever recommend him to anyone who has true concerns about their health. It truly is incredible that this still has a job. If you want to learn nothing about your allergies though - he's your guy!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Leithh is very thorough. I was seen by him within 48 hours of being in the ER for an anaphylactic reaction to a bee sting. He asks a lot of questions: best to listen carefully and be quiet... He deals with a lot of people and is not interested in small talk: he has a tendency to mumble as he processes information. He's very cautious andci would recommend.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Leith is fantastic and he was great with my son who was only 7 and had an issue with nuts. A good Doctor doesn't have to blow rainbows up your ..... He knows his stuff and is very busy. He is no nonsense and gets to the point and doesn't waist your time. He actually has very dry humour which I enjoy. An A plus from me.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

As a specialist of immunology and internal medicine I felt Dr. Leith was highly educated and extremely thorough. Health issues can be extremely hard to pin point and for allergy related issues its like finding a needle in a haystack. I wasn't looking for a salesperson I was looking for a doctor who could help idenitify my issues and narrow my search with my health problems. He was straight, direct and to the point and asked all the right questions. This website should be used intelligently and we should remember to support our healthcare team in Canada. I will see him again as my health is the issue not his bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Dr. Eric Leith's Credentials

HIP

Updates

• A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Considering he is supposed to be a "medical expert" he was unprofessional ( asking me if I worked for a living- what relevance does this have?) Instead of ans..."

April 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " Well educated and very detail oriented. He was pleasant and kind. Just what you need in an allergist. Thought he was fantastic."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Waste of time going to see this man who evidently does not enjoy his work. As a previous medical professional I found this doctor cold and dismissive. Definitel..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst Doctor I have seen. No sympathy for his patients. "

October 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had the delight of seeing Dr. Leith for my allergy concerns. I have read what is posted on this page but have a very different experience to share. I found th..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Just an a$$hole. Don't go. No bedside manner, rushed, just a prick."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I have tried calling his office now for 3 days and have left 2 messages to book a follow-up and the secretary is nowhere to be found? Does Dr. Leith have a secr..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Like many others have said, he simply was arrogant and rude. I'm not looking for someone to sugar coat things and be excessively nice to me, but when I am talki..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Leithh is very thorough. I was seen by him within 48 hours of being in the ER for an anaphylactic reaction to a bee sting. He asks a lot of questions: be..."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Leith is fantastic and he was great with my son who was only 7 and had an issue with nuts. A good Doctor doesn't have to blow rainbows up your ..... He know..."

December 5, 2014