You may also like

Rate Dr. Eric Leith

Dr. Eric Leith's Ratings

Just an a$$hole. Don't go. No bedside manner, rushed, just a prick.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2898496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2015

I have tried calling his office now for 3 days and have left 2 messages to book a follow-up and the secretary is nowhere to be found? Does Dr. Leith have a secretary that knows how to answer a phone? It rings and rings then voicemail which they don't check or respond to. It's almost like she is avoiding answering my calls (if they have caller ID) and to me, that is DISGUSTINGLY RUDE and completely unnecessary. It seems like they don't want your business yet when I have had appointment, he talks the whole time, doesn't listen to one word I say and I leave more frustrated and upset than I came in! Close down your practice if you aren't about helping people, seems more like they only want to claim free money for not helping people. SCAM!

About me. I am a 29 female with very sensitive skin and reactions to outdoor environment. I had allergy skin tests done by him for cats and grass (well knowing I am VERY ALLERGIC!) But wanted proof from the test to confirm. He said all my tests were normal and that I am not allergic to anything? like WTF, that makes no sense. I come within a foot of a cat and I sneeze, eyes puff out and I get a rash if I touch them and HE SAYS I'M NOT ALLERGIC? Completely nutz this guy is! He didn't listen to me when I told him all my serious symptoms but clearly goes by his WRONG TESTING SYSTEM. In addition, I asked about another rash I was getting on my arms all the time, knowing I stay away from cats completely now and he said it could be a serious internal problem like liver disease but refused to send me for further testing on that? Saying it is "not in his field to send for such tests". So Thank you Dr. Leith for freaking me out to think there is something EVER WORSE going on in my body. Turned out to be I am allergic to detergents with dye, as well as the fabric Rayon which I found out on my own terms (after I had enough of the pain and itchy red bumps) by changing all my laundry cleaners and clothing and that solved the problem! more than any advice I could've received from this f'ing guy. I am sorry for coming off as upset but after now calling for 3 days and the secretary is MIA. I have had it! He should be reported because from what I've heard, he hasn't helped anyone with an allergy problem. Unless you are DEATHLY allergic to Bees or Nuts or whatnot, then "he may help you" by telling you the obvious but other than that... best bet is to go online, research your symptoms and read what other people are saying about the same thing and you will get your answer. This guys attitude needs some work. He is very rude, thinks he knows everything (which he didly squat) and it almost feels like you are being interrogated by him more than being listened to. He wants to push you in and out, so he can get his money for the government for you coming to see him.

Honestly, how can a Dr. help someone if they don't listen to the symptoms at hand. The weirdest part about all of this is that every time I have gone to see him, there is NO other clients in his waiting room so why doesn't the secretary answer the DAMN PHONE? Do not waste our free healthcare on this guy. Not worth the aggravation! Thanks for reading folks. Hope this helps some of you decide if he is worthy of your time if you like being disrespected and made to look stupid for asking questions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2888815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2015

Like many others have said, he simply was arrogant and rude. I'm not looking for someone to sugar coat things and be excessively nice to me, but when I am talking, don't interrupt me. Im not a child and I don't take kindly to people who are quite frankly rude and hold them selves above you. He interupted every explenation I had to his questions. What is the point of askingn a queation if the answer is so unimportant you interupt me by mumbling another question which has no baring on the first question asked.

I had been once for a small reaction to strawberries, and his advice was to rub strawberries on my arm and see if I react. Great - excellent input. The second time I went was due to an anaphylactic episode and was admitted to the ER. The next day I got scheduled by the hospital to see him, and had I known it was the same guy I never would of went. He didn't care or even acknowledge anything I had to say. He is clearly the almighty and powerful and nothing you say matters unless he deems it so. His advice was keep eating the same foods and come back in a week. Thanks doc! I will absolutely never go back to him nor would I ever recommend him to anyone who has true concerns about their health. It truly is incredible that this still has a job. If you want to learn nothing about your allergies though - he's your guy!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2685457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Dr. Leithh is very thorough. I was seen by him within 48 hours of being in the ER for an anaphylactic reaction to a bee sting. He asks a lot of questions: best to listen carefully and be quiet... He deals with a lot of people and is not interested in small talk: he has a tendency to mumble as he processes information. He's very cautious andci would recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2661277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

Dr. Leith is fantastic and he was great with my son who was only 7 and had an issue with nuts.
A good Doctor doesn't have to blow rainbows up your ..... He knows his stuff and is very busy. He is no nonsense and gets to the point and doesn't waist your time. He actually has very dry humour which I enjoy. An A plus from me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2643348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

As a specialist of immunology and internal medicine I felt Dr. Leith was highly educated and extremely thorough. Health issues can be extremely hard to pin point and for allergy related issues its like finding a needle in a haystack. I wasn't looking for a salesperson I was looking for a doctor who could help idenitify my issues and narrow my search with my health problems. He was straight, direct and to the point and asked all the right questions. This website should be used intelligently and we should remember to support our healthcare team in Canada. I will see him again as my health is the issue not his bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][66844].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Do not go see him very bad. Left with no answers and left more confused

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][66843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

I was really pleased with Dr Leith visit. He took the right time and asked right questions. I would recommend to people with allergic issue

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][66842].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2014

He didn't listen to our concerns and frankly if your concerns aren't heard, then what's the point of the appointment? We left after having several generic allergy tests done on our kid. Nothing was conclusive. He didn't make any post recommendations. We left in the same state as we came with an hour of our time wasted.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][66841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

I found him with no bedside manner at all. Much like other comments, he would not let me get a word in edgewise and acted like I knew nothing about myself. Left very very disatified and to test me for just five things, come on, earn your living or leave.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][66840].votes_count ]]