Ratings for Dr. Karen Smith

Was Dr. Karen Smith's patient for years than was passed off to Dr. Epstein. No explanation. I asked to see her following tests performed at Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto. Dr. Smith said she would telephone me with the results of the test as soon as she received then from Dr. Michael Mills, Prism Eye Institute, Mississauga. That report was mid-October; I called to ask for the results -- I am still waiting to learn the results. I have macular degeneration which is causing some blindness. To say the least I am surprised by her lack of professionalism and attention to this matter and I am concerned that neither Dr. Michael Mills nor Dr. Karen Smith has been professional about contacting me regarding the results of the tests they asked me to undergo at Princess Margaret Hospital.

Submitted December 11, 2016

What a great experience. The doctors and staff did a great job helping me pick out my new glasses. I'll be back with the rest of my family, loved this place!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

I had an eye issue and I needed someone to look at it, went to Bronte Village Eye Care, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the doctor was so caring and knowledgeable. I'm definitely going back to see the doctor again for my eye exams

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Mistakes on Prescriptions, Arrogant, Condescending. Never going back to her office again

Submitted March 11, 2016

I came in for an appointment with Dr. Smith as was blown away by the staff and level of service that I received at her office. Karen and her staff are phenomenal!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Had the best eye exam with Dr Smith. She was very helpful and the staff were amazing with helping me find the perfect pairs of glasses. I've already had many compliments on them too.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr Smith was wonderful with my exam, very thorough and really enjoyed the new selection of frames when in last.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Had a great experience with Dr. Karen Smith at her office in Bronte Village. I would recommend anyone to visit her clinic. Staff were very friendly and good with children.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Karen approached ME to look at my daughter (3mos old at the time) while I was at her office with my mom. Karen said she "specialized" in children and was concerned about my daughter eye (it turned inward) for TWO YEARS we went to see her every THREE MONTHS and she kept saying that it was perfectly fine. Good trick to keep the ohip money flowing in! We had an apoint. with a pediatrician for an unrelated issue and the pediatrician referred us to an OPTHALMOLOGIST at MCMASTER Childrens Hospital. It ended up that my child does have Strabismus and needed to start therapy as her eye muscle had already lost a lot of strength. I am concerned about how much DR. Karen really does know about children and/or EYES in general! I have NEVER been so disappointed in the medical profession. If she had referred us right from the beginning my daughters eye would not have been as traumatized!! PS. FIND ANOTHER OPTOMETRIST!

Submitted April 13, 2012