Dr. Karen Smith

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Karen Smith

I was for the most excellent eye exam today. Dr. Smith was thorough and so friendly. I'm new to the area so my new neighbors recommended her office and I was so impressed. There were a lot of friendly smiley faces working there. What a great selection of glasses too. I've never had things explained to me so well. Sooo happy.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

She is an amazing doctor. She cares a lot and with lots of experience and patience. I love her office as well. the staff are very friendly and welcoming

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

I’ve been dr. Smiths patient for over five years. She is extremely helpful, gives great recommendations and really cares for patients. (My family and I) . My daughter was suffering from a swollen and red eye, she was able to see her right away and treated her eyes with many follow ups ! I highly recommend dr. Smith !! The staff are very welcoming and friendly !

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Was Dr. Karen Smith's patient for years than was passed off to Dr. Epstein. No explanation. I asked to see her following tests performed at Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto. Dr. Smith said she would telephone me with the results of the test as soon as she received then from Dr. Michael Mills, Prism Eye Institute, Mississauga. That report was mid-October; I called to ask for the results -- I am still waiting to learn the results. I have macular degeneration which is causing some blindness. To say the least I am surprised by her lack of professionalism and attention to this matter and I am concerned that neither Dr. Michael Mills nor Dr. Karen Smith has been professional about contacting me regarding the results of the tests they asked me to undergo at Princess Margaret Hospital.

Submitted December 11, 2016

What a great experience. The doctors and staff did a great job helping me pick out my new glasses. I'll be back with the rest of my family, loved this place!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

I had an eye issue and I needed someone to look at it, went to Bronte Village Eye Care, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the doctor was so caring and knowledgeable. I'm definitely going back to see the doctor again for my eye exams

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Mistakes on Prescriptions, Arrogant, Condescending. Never going back to her office again

Submitted March 11, 2016

I came in for an appointment with Dr. Smith as was blown away by the staff and level of service that I received at her office. Karen and her staff are phenomenal!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Had the best eye exam with Dr Smith. She was very helpful and the staff were amazing with helping me find the perfect pairs of glasses. I've already had many compliments on them too.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr Smith was wonderful with my exam, very thorough and really enjoyed the new selection of frames when in last.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr. Karen Smith's Credentials

Dr. Smith graduated from the University of Waterloo in 1982 with her Doctor of Optometry degree. She then completed a Residency Program in Paediatrics at the University of Houston in the summer of 1983. After graduation, Dr. Smith was very active teaching at the University of Waterloo School of Optometry, working at the Vision Institute of Canada, and co-chairing the Ontario Association of Optometry’s Paediatric and Vision Therapy Committee. During that time, she also worked at several offices, in various locations for nine years as an associate Optometrist. In 1992, she set up her own very busy and successful Optometric office in North Oakville. Dr. Smith continued her education and in 1991 passed a 100-hour course in the Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease (TMOD). In the summer of 2008, Dr. Smith opened up a new office on the shores of Lake Ontario in beautiful Bronte (west Oakville). She is extremely excited about her new endeavour and welcomes both previous and new patients at her new location. She has clinical experience in the areas of: · Primary care · Ocular Health and Therapeutics · Paediatrics · Contact Lenses · Binocular Vision · Low Vision · Refractive Surgery Co-Management (e.g. LASIK) · Visual Perceptual Testing Dr. Smith stands behind her Mission Statement , “To provide the highest quality of Vision and Eye Health Care possible and to meet individual Eye Care needs professionally and with sensitivity using up-to-date knowledge, equipment and products.”

Healthnet