Catharine Toso

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Catharine Toso

Dr. Toso. Why are you wearing your own reviews? We're onto your shadiness.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Dr Toso is a soft-spoken therapist who brings calm to her patients. She listens and offers insights to the situation. Dr Toso also offers advice when the situation requires it.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Dr Toso is amazing at what she does.  She listens to every detail.  She is currently helping me come up with a plan regarding my daughter.  I am very happy with her services.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

I've been seeing Dr Toso for eight months. She is kind and understanding and knows exactly when to give advice and when to listen. She's been immensely helpful, because when she gives advice and feedback, it always makes sense.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr Toso has helped both me and my family to work through several issues. She is very supportive and helpful. Our family has truly benefited from our experiences and visits with Dr Toso.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr Toso is persistent in understanding my problems and concerns in a professional manner.  She has helped and guided me to handle my issues with a positive attitude.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

"Anonymous 5/5 My therapy with Dr Toso has been an enlightening journey that I did not anticipate. It has helped me heal from several wounds, old and new, and to grow as a person so that I now feel like I have my life back."

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Dr Toso has offered me new insight into a personal situation and difficult life experience. She has also helped to open up communication between my spouse and myself.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Dr Toso is fair, calm, and incredibly supportive.  I came to her in crisis mode, feeling at my wit's end with so many aspects of my life.  In the months that I have seen her, I have really begun to carve out a life and attitude toward myself that is so much more balanced and sustainable.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr. Toso's straightforwardness and insight helped me to re-find my person-hood and guided me during a rocky transition period in my life. Her kindness and lack of bias helped to provide clarity to the situation and to my thinking.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Catharine Toso's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Catharine Toso has years of experience as a child and family psychotherapist. Both children and adolescents, as well as adults and entire families, have benefited from her careful attention to detail and genuine care about her work. She is also a child custody evaluator, specializing in forensic child custody evaluations. Dr. Toso is involved with conducting mental health assessments for persons who are involved in the legal system. She has been practicing as a child and family therapist since 1995 and has served as a child custody evaluator since 2002. Dr. Toso began pursuing this field after she realized how much she enjoyed understanding and connecting with people, problem solving, listening, and clinical work. She first obtained a B.A. in psychology in May 1983 from Rosemont College. She continued her education in Philadelphia, at the University of Pennsylvania. There, she earned three degrees: an M.S. in Psychological Services Evaluation, and M.S.W. in Clinical Social Work, and finally, a D.S.W. in Clinical Social Work.

• English

• Rosemont College (Grad. 1983)

Oxford