Ratings for Catharine Toso

I have found Dr Toso to be very honest.  By that, I mean that she is truly interested in helping me as a person.  Dr Toso is not afraid to challenge my thinking, which has ultimately proved to be helpful.  I would highly recommend Dr Toso to my friends.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Biased against the father. She paid no attention to what I was saying and even allowed my ex to bully and be abusive during a joint session. I brought this to her attention when it was happening and she disregarded it. When I brought it up at a follow-up session, she didn't remember it. I agreed to having my 16 year old see her without me in the room but yet told me to join and then, with my child in the room, commented that I wanted to be present. When asked if I would allow a one-on-one session, I agreed, but yet multiple times later in the group session, she kept saying that I was not allowing one-on-one sessions. and so very much more . Do NOT waste your time or money with this biased person!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Dr Toso is a very kind therapist. My daughter has been seeing her for a few years and loves seeing her. She feels very comfortable and confident while talking to Dr Toso. She has helped my daughter with her self-esteem and anxiety and I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for help.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Dr Toso has been very helpful in facilitating insights to better understand and work through some of the issues in our family. We have definitely found our sessions with her to be of value and would recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I began therapy with Dr Toso for my anxiety due to panic attacks. She is very easy to talk to and very supportive and understanding of my situation. I feel she gives me great advice on how to cope and deal with my situation. I would highly recommend her to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr Toso has been wonderful to work with. She takes the time to listen to your concerns and questions. She gives good direction on handling a situation. She is easy to talk to without fear of judgement. My child loves to come to her for appointments and is not scared to talk to Dr Toso. She has helped our family in a positive way.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I’ve been seeing Dr. Toso for the past four years with my son. She has helped me through one of the most difficult time in our lives. I couldn’t have asked for a better family therapist. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a family therapist for their children going through a difficult time in their life.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr. Toso has provided me with the insight and encouragement to improve my relationship with my family and teenage daughter. My time with her has played a critical role in improving my family dynamics and working towards a happier and healthier life. She is professional, knowledgeable and respectful of my feelings and values at all times.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I have been meeting with Catharine Toso for 5 weeks. I feel comfortable with her and the way she listens and gives input. I look forward to being able to share things with her that may be difficult to share with other people close to me. I am working toward reunifying with my two older children and I feel she is the best person to help me accomplish this.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. Toso treats my son who is diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome. My son lacks social skills and ever since he began seeing Dr. Toso, I feel he is getting better in his ability to talk with other people besides his friends. I am very happy with Dr. Toso. She understands my son’s needs.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Catharine Toso's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Catharine Toso has years of experience as a child and family psychotherapist. Both children and adolescents, as well as adults and entire families, have benefited from her careful attention to detail and genuine care about her work. She is also a child custody evaluator, specializing in forensic child custody evaluations. Dr. Toso is involved with conducting mental health assessments for persons who are involved in the legal system. She has been practicing as a child and family therapist since 1995 and has served as a child custody evaluator since 2002. Dr. Toso began pursuing this field after she realized how much she enjoyed understanding and connecting with people, problem solving, listening, and clinical work. She first obtained a B.A. in psychology in May 1983 from Rosemont College. She continued her education in Philadelphia, at the University of Pennsylvania. There, she earned three degrees: an M.S. in Psychological Services Evaluation, and M.S.W. in Clinical Social Work, and finally, a D.S.W. in Clinical Social Work.

• English

• Rosemont College (Grad. 1983)

MSP/BC Med