Ratings for Dr. Andrew Mathers

I had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted and also a canine tooth exposure done(at one time!!) this summer. No infection after and everything healed quickly. Dr. Mathers and his staff were great, explained everything thoroughly for me. I was nervous going in for the general anesthetic but the last thing I remembered was talking away to him and then I woke up with everything done. The pain was minimal with pain meds.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

Dr. Mathers is an exceptional surgeon. He is considerate, calming and always makes you feel confident with the procedure. I was referred to him and am so pleased with how everything turned out (though it still hurt) Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

We have both had implants at this office. In addition I have had oral surgery twice. The doctor and assistant are excellent. The office is spotless. They always seem to be on time. The doctor tries hard to explain things ... and doesn't mind questions. He is willing to discuss the treatments with you. The staff seem to be a "bit" unconcerned about complaints of pain and discomfort. Just don't let them send you to the denturist in Riverbend ... We will continue to use this office.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I just got my wisdom teeth out today & Dr. Mather was so nice when going over the procedure with me and making me feel like he cared and would do a great job (which he did.) The nurse before the surgery was extremely nice and answered all my questions because I was crying and scared as I had never been put out before or had any type of surgical procedure in my life. The whole staff in general were just genuinely nice and very professional. I would definitely recommend Gateway Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery to anyone for a great experience!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

LOVE this place!! Professional, amazing and do wonderful work! Go here for no complications and a very easy experience.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr. Mather and his nurses did a sufficient job in supplying me with ample medication and limited complications during and after my wisdom teeth removal. Nor he, or the nurses said a word to me before or after my surgery. I felt like part of a production line, little to no information on what I should be eating or staying away from for my next few days of recovery. Simply a 3 paged handout that gave me a brief layout of recovery. Not too impressed with the lack of comfortably I felt throughout the process. They got the job done and I was out before I knew it so if this is what you are keen on, this is the place for you. If you feel you need support and guidance through and after the surgery, I would steer clear.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Just had my wisdom teeth removed prior to the weekend. I have to say Dr. Mather and his team did an excellent job. I was pretty nervous since I hadn't been under anesthesia before but other than the slight pinch of the IV it was relatively painless. As I write this it is Monday morning and I just received a call from Dr. Mather asking how I was doing. Makes me feel good that the doc could take the time to follow up with his patients instead of just having one of his staffers do it for him. Overall impressed and would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I'm one of those people who review everyone. Today, I called into the office to aquire names because people should be acknowledged for good work. I was in for a consultation in the very early hours Tuesday morning. I was greeted by Erin (who I guess is the assistant -covering the absence of another employee) who was both polite and quiet but effective in relaying new patient protocol. Dr. Mather was pleasant and professional and covered every step in the surgery process. I feel very comfortable with my upcoming appointment. Jennifer (who typically does the first point of contact) was so sweet and genuine. She explained the costs, insurance and booked my surgery. I have never been so impressed with clinical staff. Dr. Mather you have two keepers with these girls. I'll be telling everyone I know.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I had treatment completed by Dr. Mather in 2016. My surgery had 0 complications. I would like to comment on 2 things. The office is in dire need of some decorating/updating. The waiting room chairs lack any form of comfort/support. The walls are bare in almost all rooms except for 1 mural in the waiting room. The first room I went into had numerous scuff marks on the walls. For an oral surgery office I would expect more of a high end look/feel environment. Your billing person? Needs an upgrade/replacement. Perhaps this is why you hide her in the back corner. She huffed around banging stuff and had a permanent scowl on her face the whole time I was in the office. My paperwork was presented to me in a very fake and insincere tone. While waiting for my appointment to start I heard her complaining about how “just done” she is and she doesn’t “make enough money to do that”. As someone who has helped people find employment in the past there are many people out there that would appreciate the position. Just my 2 cents.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I have been meaning to write my review for a few weeks now... so now that I have time here we go: Gateway Oral Surgery is THE place to go for your dental treatment needs. Dr. Mather is great at what he does and runs a smooth and successful practice. From the moment I first called in I was blown away by the kindress of the front staff. You have a nice balance of the sweet, professional, and caring check-in staff member.... to the treatment coordinator that gets you psyched up to have your surgery. My calls were always responded to promptly and efficently. I may have had to wait a few minutes prior to my appointment - however, I do understand this is a specialist office and I expected nothing less. Disregard previous negative reviews. You won't be disappointed and you'll be treated with the utmost care.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Andrew Mathers's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Ameritas