You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Andrew Mathers

Just had my wisdom teeth removed prior to the weekend. I have to say Dr. Mather and his team did an excellent job. I was pretty nervous since I hadn't been under anesthesia before but other than the slight pinch of the IV it was relatively painless. As I write this it is Monday morning and I just received a call from Dr. Mather asking how I was doing. Makes me feel good that the doc could take the time to follow up with his patients instead of just having one of his staffers do it for him. Overall impressed and would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Im not a patient but was in the office waiting for someone. Suggest certain staff should be trained in professionalism. Sitting in the waiting room listening to a very over dramatic, yawning/sighing her face off, employee makes for a long wait. Went to the bathroom and observed a BIG girl clearly not happy in her job. Pity the people who work with that.

Submitted March 17, 2016

I'm one of those people who review everyone. Today, I called into the office to aquire names because people should be acknowledged for good work. I was in for a consultation in the very early hours Tuesday morning. I was greeted by Erin (who I guess is the assistant -covering the absence of another employee) who was both polite and quiet but effective in relaying new patient protocol. Dr. Mather was pleasant and professional and covered every step in the surgery process. I feel very comfortable with my upcoming appointment. Jennifer (who typically does the first point of contact) was so sweet and genuine. She explained the costs, insurance and booked my surgery. I have never been so impressed with clinical staff. Dr. Mather you have two keepers with these girls. I'll be telling everyone I know.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I had treatment completed by Dr. Mather in 2016. My surgery had 0 complications. I would like to comment on 2 things. The office is in dire need of some decorating/updating. The waiting room chairs lack any form of comfort/support. The walls are bare in almost all rooms except for 1 mural in the waiting room. The first room I went into had numerous scuff marks on the walls. For an oral surgery office I would expect more of a high end look/feel environment. Your billing person? Needs an upgrade/replacement. Perhaps this is why you hide her in the back corner. She huffed around banging stuff and had a permanent scowl on her face the whole time I was in the office. My paperwork was presented to me in a very fake and insincere tone. While waiting for my appointment to start I heard her complaining about how “just done” she is and she doesn’t “make enough money to do that”. As someone who has helped people find employment in the past there are many people out there that would appreciate the position. Just my 2 cents.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I have been meaning to write my review for a few weeks now... so now that I have time here we go: Gateway Oral Surgery is THE place to go for your dental treatment needs. Dr. Mather is great at what he does and runs a smooth and successful practice. From the moment I first called in I was blown away by the kindress of the front staff. You have a nice balance of the sweet, professional, and caring check-in staff member.... to the treatment coordinator that gets you psyched up to have your surgery. My calls were always responded to promptly and efficently. I may have had to wait a few minutes prior to my appointment - however, I do understand this is a specialist office and I expected nothing less. Disregard previous negative reviews. You won't be disappointed and you'll be treated with the utmost care.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Worst experience ever! I had a biopsy done by Dr Mather & I was referred to him by my dentist. The routine felt rushed & I was not fully informed about how much recovery time I needed. Let's just say I had to take the week off from work & my sis in law had to recommend anti inflammatory after about 3 days of swelling & pain before I felt any relief. I had called the next day after surgery & all I was told was just "ice" it!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

I HAVE BEEN LEFT WAITING FOR MONTHS. I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO EXPECT A RETURN CALL FROM HIS OFFICE AND HAVE YET TO HEAR BACK. I HAVE CALLED FOR 4 WEEKS AND NOTHING!!!!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO CRAPPY AS I HAVE FROM HIS STAFF. THEY ARE INCONSIDERATE AND WONDER HOW THEY'D LIKE IT IF THEIR MOM OR GRAMMA WERE WAITING LIKE ME AND TREATED LIKE ME. THIS HAS BEEN ON GOING FOR OVER 2 YEARS. STAFF IS USELESS

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Great surgeon! First appointment was non rushed, he took lots of time going through any questions I had an made me feel at ease. On day of surgery he was very resaurring and calming. Had virtually no pain after having 6 teeth removed at once - and called day after to ensure things were fine. I did end up getting an infection as a result of the procedure, but his clinic was very prompt in getting me in to resolve this issue. Would recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

My consultation with Dr. Mather left me feeling rushed and i had not received all of the answers i had been waiting so long for. He was unprofessional in my opinion as he made a inappropriate remake about my injury. I declined the surgery that was available for me. Dr. Mather and i had discussed me seeing a plastic surgeon as another possibly route for treatment so a consultation was to be booked from his office for me and when i called his office back to see what was taking so long i found out that there was absolutely nothing in his system about a consultation to a plastic surgeon. Very poor.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Dr. Andrew Mathers's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had my wisdom teeth removed prior to the weekend. I have to say Dr. Mather and his team did an excellent job. I was pretty nervous since I hadn't been un..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Im not a patient but was in the office waiting for someone. Suggest certain staff should be trained in professionalism. Sitting in the waiting room listening ..."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm one of those people who review everyone. Today, I called into the office to aquire names because people should be acknowledged for good work. I was in for ..."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I had treatment completed by Dr. Mather in 2016. My surgery had 0 complications. I would like to comment on 2 things. The office is in dire need of some deco..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been meaning to write my review for a few weeks now... so now that I have time here we go: Gateway Oral Surgery is THE place to go for your dental tre..."

August 31, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Worst experience ever! I had a biopsy done by Dr Mather & I was referred to him by my dentist. The routine felt rushed & I was not fully informed about how mu..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I HAVE BEEN LEFT WAITING FOR MONTHS. I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO EXPECT A RETURN CALL FROM HIS OFFICE AND HAVE YET TO HEAR BACK. I HAVE CALLED FOR 4 WEEKS AND NOTHING!!..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely awesome. Dr Mather and his staff are very professional. My implant is almost 2 years old and doing great. He and his staff are the best! "

June 26, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.gatewayos.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T6J 7A9". Address has been updated from "None" to "3838 Gateway Boulevard Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17807601501".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great surgeon! First appointment was non rushed, he took lots of time going through any questions I had an made me feel at ease. On day of surgery he was ver..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "My consultation with Dr. Mather left me feeling rushed and i had not received all of the answers i had been waiting so long for. He was unprofessional in my opi..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a referring dentist from Sherwood Park. Dr. Mather has been my one and only referral for my patients' needs for oral surgery. Very personable, knowledgeab..."

October 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Was referred to Dr Mather by my dentist for four implants, I dont have a lot of bone, so a little tricky. Staff was wonderful, from the front end to the nurse,..."

September 29, 2014