Ratings for Dr. Luis Noronha

This is the worst doctor when it comes to caring for his patients. Waiting its usually 3 to 5 hours because when it comes to him, he has to look after everyone that needs him. He rushes thru the appointment and 3 cubiles waiting for him. Last time he treated my mom with such disregard and today when she called and begged to see him because her blood pressure is very low. He said to go to emergency because he is very busy and can see her in January.!! wow. because according to him. She missed the last appointment. Very sad to see what is happening with our healthcare. She was in the hospital for 3 days and actually when they told me to take her home. They had changed her medication and made it worse. Now I have to take her back? because her cardiologist wont take 15 minutes to see her. disgusting. shame on him. She is 90 years old!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

HE"S NOT A REAL DOCTOR ! CHECK OUT THE COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS & SURGEONS.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I have only seen Dr. Noronha one time. It was a terrible first impression. My appointment was scheduled for 2:00 pm, I arrived at 1:45 and after filling our a little paper work sat in the very unpleasant, uncomfortable and unclean waiting room. Stained fabric upholstered chairs, ceiling tiles missing with various wires hanging out, dirty washroom with a dirty mop bucket sitting within inches of the toilet. There was a folding style card table that had literally a pile of magazines just plunked in the middle of the table. Okay, so this all sounds like just cosmetics but when you wait for over 4 hours to see the Doctor you have lots of time to notice these things. Now when discussing the treatment is when it starts to get a little more serious. I was called into one of the rooms to get an ultrasound of my heart. This was done in a professional manner although the garbage can was literally overflowing with the used disposable paper sheets that they use for the examine tables and the rooms are desperate for a deep clean and fresh paint. The technician although seemingly professional only spoke Chinese so could not answer any of my questions. Okay, so I'm all for equal opportunity employment but how does a non speaking technician pass the required certification tests and how does she speak to the doctor about my results, perhaps he speaks Chinese as well as English and Portuguese. Shortly there after another assistant took me to another room of the same sorry appearance and feeling of uncleanliness and performed an EKG followed by Blood Pressure readings. The Blood Pressure reading device was so old that she was having difficulty working it and had to get another one which she also had trouble with. I asked her a question and she smiled and nodded which was a weird response. I asked her again and she told me she didn't speak much English only Portuguese so I could not communicate with her either, very frustrating. When I finally got in to see Dr. Noronha at 6:15 it was going to be very difficult to win me over and no he didn't. He was dishevelled from running around like a crazy person and truthfully all I could think of was could I feel confident with emergency heart surgery in his hands if ever needed. Everyone was very nice, I don't argue that at all but this is an extremely poorly run operation and I am grateful that I have found a more professional place for the care of my heart health. By the way, a few of the patents were actually eating McDonalds food they had been waiting so long and it was the closest place to grab food and hydration. Imagine in a Cardiologist's office who also has a fellowship in Endocronology, his patience are eating McDonalds! Find another Doctor, this one doesn't have time for you even though he offers cute little stories when you finally get in to see him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Aside from the fact that you wait a very long time to been seen (whether because they overbook patients or spend more time than alotted for each patient) the doctor is wonderful. Very helpful, smart and friendly, explains every procedure thoroughly and makes sure you leave with an understanding. My father is a patient of his and says he is a great doctor and I have noticed that the few times I have gone to his appointments. He genuinely cares about his patients and my father and I would definitely recommend him. His staff is very joyful, fun and lighthearted. They joke with the staff and it is evident that they enjoy their job. Expect to spend a long time in the waiting room although it won't be a dull time!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015