Ratings for Dr. Jenny Cheng

Professional and knowledgeable. Was recommended by my GP as she has a great reputation in town. Took time to answer my questions. Efficient and accommodating office. Am on the wait list for surgery.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

I did not get an appointment with Dr. Jenny so I have nothing negative to say about her in any way. I did however get a referral from my Dr to see her but never received an appointment. I Received a voice message from her (perhaps English speaking) receptionist saying to call and book an apt. based on the referral. During the phone message she used my name. Upon returning her call she said she had never left me a message nor did she have any referral in my name. Shocked - I proceeded to ask then how would I know to call you back? She did offer to follow up. She called my Dr's office & confirmed my referral & when we spoke again she proceeded to tell me She did not call & leave a message. At that point I was content to leave that behind us, obviously she was not. I said I can play you the voice recording if you wish-it was certainly your very distinguished voice. She then proceeded to tell me I was yelling at her and that my attitude was not to her liking and that I best find another doctor. Does this women have any idea what people are going through when she speaks to them? Really? I asked for her name and she would not give it. This situation is absolutely inconceivable!!!!! Crazy!!!! Nightmarish! Who does this and still has a job? I am in a situation where I have been trying to get looked at since October last year. This woman does not know me or my situation and was simply offended at making a mistake and my ability to prove her incorrect. Shame on you! Shame on you! And for such an intellect to hire such a nasty hateful person. My husband is also a health care professional here in Nanaimo, that sees many patients a day- he would never dream of being so cruel/hateful to people in a potential health crisis. Simple facts are: That receptionist is an absolute HORROR!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I do not agree with the a lot of the rude comments left here. Her professionalism is misread I believe as impersonal. But I did not find her that way at all. She took a lot of time to talk to me and answer any questions. I never felt rushed. She made me feel thoroughly cared for. She's honest with expectations. I had a mommy makeover with her and I'm amazed at the results. Love love love my new body ❤️ Thank you dr cheng! My family doctor had also highly agreed that she is very good at what she does and her outcomes are fantastic .

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Stay away from this doctor! She did a surgery on my mother with what started out as skin cancer removal on her face 2 surgeries later my mothers eyesight is perminently damaged and her lower eyelid hangs down. This doctor has no idea the damage she has done to my mom and our family. My mom will forever suffer from the damage Dr. Jenny Cheng has done.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Dr. Cheng was very impersonal and showed that she is definitely not a people person. She acted cold and removed while in consultation and even during the removal of a cyst. She should work on her bedside manner for sure. I do not recommend her to anyone. Thank goodness I didn't have to have serious medical attention as she acted like she didn't even care for the cyst removal. Horrible experience, but thankful not ever having to use her again.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Booked appt with Dr Jenny Cheng for a second opinion as I was very unhappy with the first cosmetic surgeon I saw in Nanaimo with a popular male surgeon I received my appt with her shortly after booking and there was no wait time in her office. Dr Cheng is friendly, warm, personable and took the time to listen to my needs and concerns. She answered all my questions patiently and gave informative answers. She agreed that I didn't require a full tummy tuck as the first surgeon recommended. Quote was very reasonable and I feel confident she will do a great job. Dr Cheng is also very thorough; because it appears I have a small hernia in my high upper abdominal area, she is sending me for an ultra sound first for that. I will be booking my surgery with Dr Cheng, she is wonderful.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr . Cheng recently did small surgery on my chin , and did a sloppy job of sewing it up . I have a ridge along my scar as she overlapped the edges . I only hope that it goes away . what is done is done .

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Jenny by my doctor because of an atypical mole. I have had this mole my entire life but recently starting changing and growing. My doctor said that although it's not cancerous now, it could become cancerous and needs to be removed. Dr. jenny was the first plastic surgeon to respond to the referral. My appointment was Nov 11th at 11:10 am (and i was told to be there 10 minutes early). I finally received a call back the morning of my appointment after leaving three messages over the course of a month. My step-dad was a service man who passed away. I was told "your appointment is at 11:10 not 11, if your uncomfortable we can reschedule" (in a sarcastic rude voice)- and after waiting a month I couldn't do that. At my appointment, neither the assistant or dr was wearing a poppy. She took the measurements of my mole told me "just because you have a mole doesn't mean you have cancer, but we will remove it". I know I don't have cancer, but there's a chance it could become cancerous. My family doctor already made the decision to get it removed. I missed the remembrance day ceremony for a 30 second appointment where I was talked down to and belittled.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

After 4 years I still have a white bump on my face after the operation. The white scar is not going away. Cold and impersonal during consultation. Not recommended

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I didn't get past the horrible experience with the MOA. She was rude, uncaring and lacked people skills and that was just for starters. Dr. Jenny won't get a chance to meet me. The total experience should be the care of the patient from beginning to the end. If the MOA is rude and uncaring, what does that say about Dr. Jenny? They don't deserve my business. Fortunately, I found another surgeon, a caring, miracle worker with friendly, caring staff! I'm so glad I waited and didn't go with Dr. Jenny!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015