Ratings for Dr. Jenny Cheng

Stay away from this doctor! She did a surgery on my mother with what started out as skin cancer removal on her face 2 surgeries later my mothers eyesight is perminently damaged and her lower eyelid hangs down. This doctor has no idea the damage she has done to my mom and our family. My mom will forever suffer from the damage Dr. Jenny Cheng has done.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Dr. Cheng was very impersonal and showed that she is definitely not a people person. She acted cold and removed while in consultation and even during the removal of a cyst. She should work on her bedside manner for sure. I do not recommend her to anyone. Thank goodness I didn't have to have serious medical attention as she acted like she didn't even care for the cyst removal. Horrible experience, but thankful not ever having to use her again.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Booked appt with Dr Jenny Cheng for a second opinion as I was very unhappy with the first cosmetic surgeon I saw in Nanaimo with a popular male surgeon I received my appt with her shortly after booking and there was no wait time in her office. Dr Cheng is friendly, warm, personable and took the time to listen to my needs and concerns. She answered all my questions patiently and gave informative answers. She agreed that I didn't require a full tummy tuck as the first surgeon recommended. Quote was very reasonable and I feel confident she will do a great job. Dr Cheng is also very thorough; because it appears I have a small hernia in my high upper abdominal area, she is sending me for an ultra sound first for that. I will be booking my surgery with Dr Cheng, she is wonderful.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr . Cheng recently did small surgery on my chin , and did a sloppy job of sewing it up . I have a ridge along my scar as she overlapped the edges . I only hope that it goes away . what is done is done .

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Jenny by my doctor because of an atypical mole. I have had this mole my entire life but recently starting changing and growing. My doctor said that although it's not cancerous now, it could become cancerous and needs to be removed. Dr. jenny was the first plastic surgeon to respond to the referral. My appointment was Nov 11th at 11:10 am (and i was told to be there 10 minutes early). I finally received a call back the morning of my appointment after leaving three messages over the course of a month. My step-dad was a service man who passed away. I was told "your appointment is at 11:10 not 11, if your uncomfortable we can reschedule" (in a sarcastic rude voice)- and after waiting a month I couldn't do that. At my appointment, neither the assistant or dr was wearing a poppy. She took the measurements of my mole told me "just because you have a mole doesn't mean you have cancer, but we will remove it". I know I don't have cancer, but there's a chance it could become cancerous. My family doctor already made the decision to get it removed. I missed the remembrance day ceremony for a 30 second appointment where I was talked down to and belittled.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

After 4 years I still have a white bump on my face after the operation. The white scar is not going away. Cold and impersonal during consultation. Not recommended

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I didn't get past the horrible experience with the MOA. She was rude, uncaring and lacked people skills and that was just for starters. Dr. Jenny won't get a chance to meet me. The total experience should be the care of the patient from beginning to the end. If the MOA is rude and uncaring, what does that say about Dr. Jenny? They don't deserve my business. Fortunately, I found another surgeon, a caring, miracle worker with friendly, caring staff! I'm so glad I waited and didn't go with Dr. Jenny!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

My mother was referred to Dr. Cheng for a possible cancer on shin. She removed the entire growth and did a skin graft. The site became very infected and required a trip to emergency. Over the next six days mom had daily IV drips and then was admitted to hospital for more intensive care. While Dr. Cheng was on holidays for some of this time, I know that the ER doctors and day clinic nurses were in contact with her as she was on call. Mom is now in a room where we have wear gown, mask and gloves and still has not been seen by Dr. Cheng, definitely not impressed with her post op care.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I was referred to this Dr. from my Dr. and when I called Dr. Chengs office the receptionist told me they do NOT accept patients from Vancouver. She did not give me a reason so when I told her the only reason I was going to Nanimo was because that was the only place I had someone to take care of me. The receptionist then said she would check with the Dr. then get back to me, well here we are 3 weeks later and I have heard nothing.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

I had an amazing experience with Dr Jenny and her staff. I was fortunate to have Dr Jenny preform my abdominal plasty and my breast augmentation. I am overly thrilled and happy with my results as well as how wonderfully supportive and knowledgable Dr Jenny and her staff are. I couldn't of asked for a better experience. Thanx so much for my new body Dr Jenny!! :)

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014