Ratings for Dr. John Maki

Growing up with him as my family physician, I always felt bothered to go visit him with any concerns. Maki dealt with most of my close family members for decades and I was never thankful to have him. He is extremely old school and judgemental. I believe he is close minded and actually sticks to the books, not recent studies, eastern medicine/holistic approaches. There has been quite a few times since I was a teen where he has assumed I needed medication for reasons I came in. I am not one to sell someone on something to make money off of it. Pay careful attention to a physician because most don't know that they are basically sponsored by companies to promote products and make 20grand/yr bonus from prescribing them. Never once had he sent me the natural route and educated me into wellness- especially considering my issues were not life threatening and I always left figuring things out on my own. I'm glad I am no longer with him and have been lucky to find proper care around the city for my needs.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

I had this Doctor as an adolescent he was the absolute worse Doctor I have had in my lifetime. He started me on Zanax as a young teen. I still take it now although I know no other way to cope. He also misdiagnosed me several times and once I was operated upon told the success rate was 80% in my favour that operation caused me a lifetime of pain and suffering. I found out not long ago that success rate on that first surgery of many later was reversed only 20% in my favor. A Terrible Doctor. Just my opinion

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

The most ethical and knowledgeable doctor that I have ever know. The altimate professional. I am very fortunate to have Dr Maki as my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

very acccommodating, efficient, thorough and resposible.Kowledgable and when needing a specialist he makes sure you are well looked after in a timely manner. Would never trade him for another dr. Hope he never retires.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013