Ratings for Dr. Abeer Syal

Great Surgeon. Really a great person. Explains well and has a good sense of humour too. Great staff too. Kay is so helpful . Recommended for knee surgery of any sort.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2017

Dr. Syal performed an ACL repair on my knee one year ago and I couldn't be happier. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable right from the get go. He was able to explain everything in a very informative and simple way so I knew exactly what was happening. He was great in the hospital before surgery and again in the follow ups, taking the time to go over everything that he had done and what I should expect in my recovery. He always had a very pleasant demeanor and makes you feel at ease, no matter what the situation is. I would absolutely refer him to anybody needing any sort of orthopedic surgery.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I recieved amazing care. Dr Syal is very specialized and is eager to explain. I had a rare surgery without surgery I would have had a permanet disability. Dr syal clearly reviewed with me what I would expect with or without surgery. My recovery was not easy but I knew this from his explainations and useful information on his website. My physio was also well informed from Dr Syal and everything went as expected. You are in good hands!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

He is not only handsome but smart as can be! I trust him 100%

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

The best orthopedic surgeon in Langley! I was on a waiting list to see another Langley surgeon about my knees when I had a fall on the ice in December of 2016. I broke my tib-fib and displaced my ankle in two directions. The surgeon I was wait listed for happened to be the "on call" orthopedic surgeon that day but he didn't get around to seeing me and I had to wait until the next day when Dr. Syal was on call. My Lucky day I guess! Dr. Syal examined me and explained what he proposed to do during the surgery and spent quite a bit of time describing the procedure and what he hoped for as an outcome. The surgery was completed the next day and I came away with 2 plates and eleven pins and screws holding what was left of my ankle together. Dr. Syal followed up with me the day after surgery and the day I left for home and spent all the time I required answering questions and explaining the procedure and possible outcomes. He is an extremely busy man but seems to find the time to spend with patients through the very stressful hospital process. He's not always on time with follow ups at the office or the hospital cast clinic but that's to be expected with the number of patients he sees and the demands on his time. He is a down to earth, type of guy with a great sense of humour and always treats me with compassion and respect. I am very impressed with his demeanour and his ability. Kay , his office manager is also an incredibly helpful , pleasant person and a great asset to Dr. Syal's practice.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr Syal operated on my ankle which required two plates and various pins/screws to repair the multiple breaks. I found him to be forthright , knowledgeable and very informative. He took the time to follow up post op to explain what took place during the procedure and willingly answered all of our questions. He is a very busy man but still has time for compassion and humour.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

So far, I have really enjoyed having Dr. Syal as my surgeon. I broke my ankle in multiple places (tibia and fibula) requiring nine screws and a plate. Although, Dr. Syal didn't do the surgery as I had it done in Penticton (close to wear I broke my ankle), he took me in as a patient. I have seen him twice in my follow up visits, and he has been very thorough in answering my question. He is knowledgable and trust him in the recovery and healing time of my ankle. In the future, if I get my hardware out of my ankle, I trust he will do a great job. The wait time in the hospital at the cast clinic does take a little bit of time, but I don't mind at all.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr Syal is great, he answered all my questions, calmed my fears, is competent and friendly. I really appreciate his professionalism and willingness to help. I've had a great experience with the 2 surgeries he did.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

After another surgeon operated unsuccessful on my torn rotator cuff, he referred me to Dr. Syal. The initial surgery was very painful and debilitating for several months. In comparison, Dr. Syal's technic was minimally painful and recovery time was very short. He is definitely highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Syal did my total reverse shoulder replacement. Exceptional and very professional, as was his MOA. Very impressed.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015