Ratings for Dr. Abeer Syal

The best orthopedic surgeon in Langley! I was on a waiting list to see another Langley surgeon about my knees when I had a fall on the ice in December of 2016. I broke my tib-fib and displaced my ankle in two directions. The surgeon I was wait listed for happened to be the "on call" orthopedic surgeon that day but he didn't get around to seeing me and I had to wait until the next day when Dr. Syal was on call. My Lucky day I guess! Dr. Syal examined me and explained what he proposed to do during the surgery and spent quite a bit of time describing the procedure and what he hoped for as an outcome. The surgery was completed the next day and I came away with 2 plates and eleven pins and screws holding what was left of my ankle together. Dr. Syal followed up with me the day after surgery and the day I left for home and spent all the time I required answering questions and explaining the procedure and possible outcomes. He is an extremely busy man but seems to find the time to spend with patients through the very stressful hospital process. He's not always on time with follow ups at the office or the hospital cast clinic but that's to be expected with the number of patients he sees and the demands on his time. He is a down to earth, type of guy with a great sense of humour and always treats me with compassion and respect. I am very impressed with his demeanour and his ability. Kay , his office manager is also an incredibly helpful , pleasant person and a great asset to Dr. Syal's practice.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr Syal operated on my ankle which required two plates and various pins/screws to repair the multiple breaks. I found him to be forthright , knowledgeable and very informative. He took the time to follow up post op to explain what took place during the procedure and willingly answered all of our questions. He is a very busy man but still has time for compassion and humour.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

So far, I have really enjoyed having Dr. Syal as my surgeon. I broke my ankle in multiple places (tibia and fibula) requiring nine screws and a plate. Although, Dr. Syal didn't do the surgery as I had it done in Penticton (close to wear I broke my ankle), he took me in as a patient. I have seen him twice in my follow up visits, and he has been very thorough in answering my question. He is knowledgable and trust him in the recovery and healing time of my ankle. In the future, if I get my hardware out of my ankle, I trust he will do a great job. The wait time in the hospital at the cast clinic does take a little bit of time, but I don't mind at all.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr Syal is great, he answered all my questions, calmed my fears, is competent and friendly. I really appreciate his professionalism and willingness to help. I've had a great experience with the 2 surgeries he did.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

After another surgeon operated unsuccessful on my torn rotator cuff, he referred me to Dr. Syal. The initial surgery was very painful and debilitating for several months. In comparison, Dr. Syal's technic was minimally painful and recovery time was very short. He is definitely highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Syal did my total reverse shoulder replacement. Exceptional and very professional, as was his MOA. Very impressed.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Dr Syal repaired my broken ankle and did the subsequent hardware removal surgery. He is incredibly skilled and takes the time to listen to his patients. I have waited about 30 min in his waiting room for appointments but don't mind at all because he takes the time to answer your questions and really listen to you. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr. Syal did my knee replacement which was more complicated than we expected but he handled the torn tendon and everything so well and took alot of extra time to see me post op and ensure all was going well. Very personable and professional!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Great guy. Very professional. Excellent surgeon. He succeeded where another failed after 3 attempts to remove a large bone chip from my knee.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Dr Syal did a meniscus repair for me 2 months ago. He is very friendly and confident with what he knows. My surgery went very well. I would def recommend him to others and if your looking for a surgeon with a shorter wait list this is your guy! He came highly recommended by a well known UBC surgeon. His receptionist is very nice too :)

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013