Dr. Vasco Da Silva

Ratings for Dr. Vasco Da Silva

I had 3 Surgeries from Dr.DaSilva,Excellent Neurosurgeon..!!..My first one was 27 years ago for my lower back,L4-L5 with Sciatica in right leg.Good recovery from this one as I was young & Strong.!!Then he performed 2 Neck surgeries on me,Girst one was in 2011,Anterior Disectomy with fusion & Bone graft..Then my recent one was in Aug 2015,Cervical Laminoplasty of C3,C4,C5,C6..Both were a success..Thank you Very much for ALL that you & your staff aha done for me..!!..You truly appreciate it!! He has a Great Team that are very knowledgeable..

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Thank you Dr. Da Silva for putting a cage in my neck. I can now feel my right hand. Unbelievable how other Doctors missed this one. And after care was wonderful to. At least I'm not fully paraplegic , all I can say is thank you for unnecessary surgery to my lower back as well. Living with pain is not what I wanted but at least I can feel my right hand again. I highly recommend this surgeon to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

best advice that I could get it was not to go for surgery what was already suggested by WSIB neurosurgeon, I feel good and recovered from accident ...

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Actual recovery may be in the hands of God but making a patient believe in recovery lies only in the hands of awesome doctors like Dr. Da Silva . God bless him for his skills. I had an anterior foraminotomy and I did not even take one pain killer pills. so grateful. it is been over a year pain free.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

We are so thankful for Dr. Da Silva and his amazing staff. He completed an emergency cerebral shunt surgery on my son and did an amazing job. Our family is so thankful for his amazing skill and compassionate nature which made an extremely difficult time much easier. I was also impressed by him during our follow up appointment. Thank you Dr. Da Silva and staff for everything you did for my son. We will not forget it.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr V DaSilva is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. After living almost 3 year in constant back and leg pain Dr DaSilva woke me in post-op to tell me he found the problem and fixed it! That was 1 week ago and my recovery is going great with no complications. I can not say enough about what an excellent Dr he is. Thank you Dr DaSilva and your 5 Star team.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I was very happy with my surgery and had a good outcome. Staff is excellent and everything was booked and organized well. Not much follow up post op but I didn't have big problems.

Submitted November 13, 2014

Staff are sloppy and you need to constantly call back to ensure appointments were made, operations booked etc. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

In 1996 my father was admitted to the Ottawa Hospital where on that day or shortly afterwards he experienced a hemorrhagic stroke. Despite my family repeatedly asking for a CT scan, we were denied by the staff physician, Dr. David Davidson. He told us that my father had not experienced a stroke but rather probably had pneumonia...this despite the fact that he was has all the signs of a stroke (slurred speech, difficulty speaking etc.) Over the next 2 weeks my father remained in a stupor. Suddenly after two weeks, he was finally given a CT scan which indicated he had experienced a stroke. Dr. Da Silva operated on my father and provided a ventricular peritoneal shunt. My father got better but passed away two weeks after. After he died I obtained the clinical notes that indicated the doctors had known he had a stroke right from the beginning of his hospitalization. If the other doctors involved had been as professional and ethical as Dr. Da Silva, my father would have survived.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Da Silva's since 1998 and am extremely impressed. He performed a discectomy (sp?) with tremendous results, until scar tissue developed and I started having issues again. This had nothing to do with his surgery. I slipped and fell several months post-op and also develop hypertrophic scarring which was unknown until he operated. He also discovered I have something called "conjoined nerve endings". I have continued to develop disc/pain issues and rather than perform more "conventional" surgery,he sent me for epidural injections from a fab young dr. at another hospital, as well as a referral to a fantastic pain specialist. I have managed quite well so far, but hope to have laser surgery to help with my other issues. Not "available" here yet, so I may end up being referred state-side. I have complete confidence in him. Besides, he has a lovely personality/sense of humour which is incredibly rare in my experience. Obrigada, Dr. Da Silva.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014