Ratings for Dr. E. Gustavsson

Profoundly arrogant. Prescribed yet another useless topical for a raised, itchy, weeping spreading rash, since diagnosed as part of a systemic candida infection, dismissed joint and muscle pain as "prolly arthritis, take ibuprofin" and missed hypothyroidism entirely. But he did find a condescending way to suggest I get a mammogram. Worse than useless.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

I really wish I didn't have to fill in any stars for helpfulness or knowledge. This so-called "doctor" is probably the worst doctor I have ever come across in my 20 years experience both as a patient and a healthcare professional. I completely avoid going to that clinic myself just because of him but unfortunately I have a family member that goes there and had to see him recently, even though he requested not to see him. This doctor is a joke and needs to have his medical license revoked-permanently!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

This "Doctor" has to be one of the worst in the province, I just dont know how it could get any worse! Misdiagnosed my dad with "migraines" he had a brain stem stroke 3 days later. My dad continued to see him, much to my dismay, Dr changed my dads cholesterol pills...boom heart attack a few days later (the new pills didnt mix well with the other pills he was on, you would think a "DOCTOR" would know what). I went in with a stye, and he was the only one on, so when he came in and asked what was wrong, I said "oh I think I have a stye" and he looked at me and said "Oh well seeing as your a doctor why are you in here? Want a badge? You seem to have it all figured out dont you? I was lost for words! Anytime I go in there I tell the staff that I will see anyone BUT him, and one time he came in my room, I just said Im sorry I wont see you, he told me he was my only option, so I walked out. He needs to be reported and should NOT be treating people!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Only helpful if you know what is wrong with yourself.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

I have had Dr. G. as my doctor for 8 years. While he is reputed to have curt bedside manners, I wanted a doctor who was highly intelligent and thorough. He's not for everyone but he fits my needs and I match my intelligence with his. As his patient, one needs to be 'on the ball' with knowledge and accuracy regarding your own personal illnesses. All the doctors at the Westside Clinic are good doctors in my estimation. The staff is always very helpful and courteous.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Made an assessment based perception rather than medical fact

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

I have been a pt for 12 yrs and love dr.g my whole family goes to him and we all like him. He is very knowledgable, honests and tells you the facts and doesnt sugar coat it, he sends you for all the tests you need and lets you know right away if something is wrong. He has made me laugh and feel better about myself when i was down i would recommend him to anyone who wants a great doctor. His staff is always so friendly and know me so well they all treat with so much dignity and respect i really feel blessed to have him as my doctor and to have his wonderful staff tend to me. Hats off to West Kelowna Medical Clinic you are excellent and the clinic itself is always clean and bright and very welcoming as well patients are #1.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Terrible! He makes assumptions based on prejudice instead of facts.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012