Ratings for Dr. L Stead

Thank you Dr.Stead, I am a bit scared with my prognosis but with your straightforwardness and honesty, I am hopeful that I can use that info to change what I can. Trust is something that cannot be replicated.... I trust you. Thx!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

I had two colonoscopies and had no issues with her. Maybe she doesn't always smile but maybe she only smiles when she has good news for her patients and she was beaming this last time. I am not a smiley person when I'm serious at work either and that could just be her nature too. So far I've had no problem with her or her staff. I also had no problem with the staff at the Misericordia for the first scope and when I walked in for the last one, the tending nurses at the front desk were really smiley and personable. One gave me my IV and was very very personable. After that, it kind of went downhill. The anesthesiologist was blunt, rude, didn't let you answer the questions and never smiled so I'd hate to have him as a GP but he was very good at not administering too much so I left feeling pretty energetic. Last time, the anesthesiologist gave me too much but she was so kind so that doesn't bother me. The other nurses were kind of short and a couple of them didn't seem to do much but the others were fairly busy. I did have one more question for Dr Stead but I couldn't seem to get her so I gave up and will try to get a message through her staff.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I saw Dr Stead after Dr Cherry retired. Firstly I was impressed by her knowledgability and down right get to the point attitude which some may find as rude...its not. Shes a no ns doc who has other patients with just as bad of problems as you. I like that and resspect that about her. After suffering for more than 30 years this doctor has never given up on trying to help me...after reaching the end of second tere care (pills) she had no problem recomending third tere infussion therapy. Although the first one seemed to work I became intolerant and the second infussion therapy has been working amazingly well. Iam on disability and these drugs cost a fortune. Dr Stead advicated for me to the company and ive been able to stay on this medication. For those of you who feel her bedside manner lacks then remeber you get what you give, this doc has my full respect. If you dont like what she has to say maybe your approach needs some work. I have found Dr Stead and her staff to be nothing short of amazing and I highly recommend her! I have my life back thanks to this doctor. I owe her a deep amount of gratitude for not giving up on me when every one else thought it was all in my head!!! I also would like to commend her ataff who have been 100% on bookings and answering questions. During procedures the staff at the misericoedia hospital have been extreamly calming and reasuring and after many tests Ive come to truely appreciate the dedication and diligence of each and every person on her staff. I give everyone at Dr Steads office a glowing two thumbs up.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I am grateful I didn't look here before meeting Dr. Stead. I would have been apprehensive. I found Dr. Stead to be professional, courteous, kind and very reassuring. She took the time time to answer all my questions and took my concerns seriously. I found her staff to be very informative and professional and also very kind.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Dr. Stead can be so rude and will talk down to you. You can never suggest anything to her. So many amazing GI's in Edmonton you don't need to go here!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Her bedside manner is very poor.. Telling me that it wasn't her problem I had to have my gallbladder removed. I waited over a month for lab results multiple times. Leaving lots of messages with her office staff. Telling them syptoms are worsening. Getting the reply that shes super busy and soon she will be in touch... Then I reached out to a natural health doctor they ended up telling me the results. After more test from my GP I'm showing signs of liver disease, autoimmune. Which showed signs in the tests she never contacted me about

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

First and foremost, out of the 3 specialists that I saw, Stead was the only one who simply decided to prescribe me a different brand name of the same medication I was on (for treating IBS- related illness) - and it cleared my symptoms in less than a week. Amazing. So for that incident of either pure luck or common sense, I have to give her credit. On the other hand, her personality and bedside manner is horrendous. As someone already stated, she hates to be questioned. She doesn't care about informing her patients and if you are someone who wants to know what is going on with your body and become informed of other options, Dr. Stead will view you as an inconvenience. From my own experience and in my own opinion, Dr. Stead lacks the ability to form a trusting relationship with her patient and as such, it is difficult for me to have confidence in her manners.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

I struggled with stomach pains for 5 years without any idea what from, and Dr. Stead seemed like the only doctor willing to go out of her way to help diagnose and treat the pain!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Dr. Stead's bedside manner leaves much to be desired, she is sullen and abrupt. I hope I can be referred to someone else next time

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I was transferred to Dr. Stead a couple of years ago due to my original GI retiring. I have had nothing but issues with this Dr. She questions my symptoms, my pain level and what I am going through. She sends me for a MRI and guess what everything I said I am going through can be seen on the MRI. She is very rude and demeaning. I do not recommend this Dr at all.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014