Ratings for Dr. Ryan Dobbs

Seems to know his business. Has one receptionist that is rude, disrespectful and overbearing. I am sure that it is stressful position at times, and it does not appear that she manages it well. She is certainly getting herself known in the community and is often the focus of conversation by others who have had to deal with her.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Whether he works more hours than he is paid based on his patient roster is really irrelevant if he is never in to service the patients he does have. To call fax prescriptions a courtesy...in today's day and age is a bit ridiculous. I'd say they are pretty much common place. Having worked as a receptionist at a Doctor's office TEN YEARS AGO this was something we did, free when asked. It takes all of 2 seconds to pull a prescription and fax it...even faster now with the internet, we used to have to dial them all in and it still was done free, when requested. If the doctor has so few patients on his roster that he need only work a couple days a week then surely his receptionist isn't so busy she can't fax prescriptions without ten days notice. That said I really like Dr. Dobbs. I find him very personable and sweet...although he's never so much as listened to my heart he does always hear my concerns and try his best to help me. Thank God he got a new receptionist, his first one was incredibly rude and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr. Dobbs works more hours than what he is paid by the government based on the number of patients he has rostered., so does his back-up Dr. Nyholt. Fax prescriptions are not a paid service by OHIP; it a courtesy- if 10 days is too long for a free service then pay for faster service or book an appointment.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

The guy never works. Between he and his backup Noranda Nyholt they take more time off than anyone I know. In order to get a prescription filled you have to give them 10 days notice. As far as the receptionist, all I can say is OMG!!!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Nice person but not a very good Doctor. He is either on leave, sabbatical or holidays, has no back-up. Always refers - which can be a benefit, just sits at his computer and talks to you across the room - never does an exam or even gets close enough to take your blood pressure. The way the appts. are booked in this office is unreal - if you do not phone during a certain time frame you wait till the next booking period - they only book 10 days at a time and never have room for an emergency booking - I tried several times, ended up having to go to emerg. (walk-in clinic was not an option in this case) - which I do not like to do. I ended up in hospital with pneumonia because I could never get an appointment - even when I told the 'receptionist' how sick I was. The receptionist is another horror story!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

Dr Dobbs is polite, considerate, and listened well to us as parents of a child with special needs. Having worked with many physicians, he is one of the best, and works very well with the other care providers that our daughter sees.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Smart young Doctor who actively listens and asks about any of your concerns.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

This doctor is not very knowledgeable as he thinks he is the only primary care provider that can provide care for the Belleville Quinte area patient's. There are many other primary care providers and healthcare professionals in the area that are very capable of providing health care to the people of Belleville and the Quinte area. This doctor needs to participate with health thinks. It may just open his eyes.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013