Ratings for Dr. Walker E. Nowell

As a nurse I can tell you hands down he's the best doctor I have ever known, in 40 years of working in the medical field. He got his pharmaceutical degree first, then MD then DO and he's not full of himself in the least. Smart smart smart, and compassionate. I cannot say enough good things.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

He is wonderful and very knowledgeable, caring. Have gone to him for years.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr Nowell is caring, intelligent and was able to diagnose an underlying condition that had caused me issues for years....even though Vanderbilt, Mayo, and U of L Doctors could not properly diagnose. I highly recommend Walker.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

He is the doctor for three doctors I know. His knowledge as also being a pharmacist is so far beyond his peers.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2013

Dr Nowell spent considerable time with me and was very through. Seems very knowledgeable. Would reccommend to family and friends.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

Dr.Nowell is a very caring dr.He takes his time with you and explains in depth what you need to know.If he doesn't know, he will send you to someone who does.Also,luckily was a pharmacist and if you need to get a compound drug he can send you to a pharmacy that still does compounding.He is a very caring individual and we were very fortunate to get him for our family dr.While sometimes you have to wait I personally don't mind because I happen to think that if he's taking time with that patient and they need it then he would also take that time with me.Thanks Dr.Nowell for everything!!You're great and staff is great as well.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

Ignored my concerns and ignored reports from other physicians.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

Dr. Nowell is a very caring physician and takes his time to address your medical needs. I am so happy I have found him. He is extremely knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

Dr. Nowell is very qualified, and knows his medicine as well as his pharmaceuticals. He checked and double-checked medications he prescribed for me (as well as any OTC meds) due to the fact that I was pregnant at the time. I appreciated his extra concern for the health of my unborn baby. He does, however, have one office person (a blonde woman) who is an absolute SNOT. This is inconsistent with Dr. Nowell's friendly, caring disposition. I will not go back to him as a PCP as long as this woman is in the front office.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

Asked the doctor to send my prescriptions to another pharmacy HE REFUSED. He required me to use the pharmacy HIS BROTHER OWNS. Is this legal???

flag | Submitted April 30, 2010

Dr. Walker E. Nowell's Credentials

• West Virginia School Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2000)

MSP/BC Med