Ratings for Dr. Allison Leonard

Miss her terribly! Great doctor, she somehow manages to be very " non nonsense" while having excellent bedside manner. She is strict about punctuality and requires patients to be upfront about the need for their appointment, rather than arrive with a laundry list of ailments. This allows her to book her time efficiently and stay on track throughout the day- my absolute FAVOURITE part. I cannot stress enough how great it is to go see a doctor and not wait an hour despite having an appointment.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

Excellent doctor- smart and fast. Was also quick to consult out when my daughter needed a specialist. I am so sad that she has left the practice.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Absolutely loved doctor leonard. So knowledgeable and practical. Great for new mom with all kinds of worries! Very sad to learn she is closing her practice to go on medical leave before her maternity leave.... hopefully she comes back to practice when she is done mat leave.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I sincerely jope that Dr. Leonard will come back soon! She is the best!!!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I sincerely hope that Dr. Leonard will come back soon! She is the best!!!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

She shouldn't stop working. What a waste of talent and knowledge that would be. I don't know why she's giving up her practise after all that schooling to become a doctor and a great one at that. Extremely punctual and good old east coast friendliness. An excellent doc. I'm so disappointed. I'll never find someone like you!!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I will miss her. She was the best. I'm so sad she's quitting, I'll never be able to replace her , also had the best bedside manners. I wish you would stay. Hope to see you 1 last time before you quit.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

very rude unhelpful and unfriendly receptionist. also have to call many times to get through

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Leonard is great. I've seen her a few times for dermatology consultations/appointments, and she is very helpful. She makes her patients feel comfortable, and she is very knowledgeable; which is a bonus when dealing with weird skin problems! Thank you, Dr. Leonard!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I've just acquired Dr. Leonard last year, and have gone to see her twice. I have a pre-teen son, and she's very good with him as well. The only complaint that I have, and I wish Dr. Leonard could find replacement for her staff/receptionist. She is brutally rude, disinterested and dismissive. I had made an appointment that I'd missed because I didn't receive a confirmation/reminder call and had written down the date wrong. I received a letter from the doctor to tell me that I'd missed another appointment a few months earlier and that the next missed appointment, I'd be charged visitation fees. When I called to speak to the receptionist, she went on and on about how it would take her all day if she was to call all the patients' to remind them of something that they're responsible for themselves. The whole time, I could hear her sighing, saying "yeah, fine", along with an exaggerated sigh. When I told her that I didn't miss the prior appointment a few months ago (which, I really didn't, because that's when my son got a referral to see a specialist at the hospital). She would not listen to me, and kept on sighing and basically calling me a liar. If doctors weren't so scarce in Ottawa, I would be ok with finding another doctor, not because of Dr. Leonard's lack of knowledge or helpfulness, but because of her horrible and rude receptionist/staff.

Submitted June 9, 2015