Ratings for Dr. James V. Lang

Keep every payment receipt you have with this practice. I last visited their office in January of 2016 and incredibly received a bill almost 15 months later, a "second notice" according to them for $178. It took me almost 3 weeks to finally get a hold of the billing coordinator (owner's wife) to point out that her "random audit" was incorrect. I spoke to 3 different business owners (2 being doctors themselves) about how strange it was to receive a bill so far down the road, and they all concurred that ANY business that's good at running a business will send a 30 day, 60 day and 90 day notification for a past due amount. I received none of these. It turns out I received a 450 day "second notice" for an amount that was promptly paid within 30 days of treatment through my HSA. When I attempted to share that consensus with the billing coordinator, I got the snippy "I don't care what other doctors do or how they run their office." Unfortunately, the only thing that rivaled the level of complete ineptitude for managing accounts receivable was the attitude received. Only the spouse can enjoy such job security for this type of performance. Most people would have a hard time digging up proof of payment for something 15 months ago. The amount I was billed for wasn't enough to hire a lawyer to challenge, and wasn't enough to ruin my credit by letting it go to collections. Thankfully my own spouse is much more organized with our own accounts PAYABLE than these folks are with their accounts RECEIVABLE, so I didn't just pay it a second time to make them go away. You hear about billing scams all the time.... you figure if they mail out 10 bills like the one I received, some, if not many of those 10 will just pay it....makes you wonder.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I think he is a great chiropractor. However when I didn't come back every month or two he started to take an attitude.("I guess you'll come whenever you need me"). I attempted to speak to him about it, but now I feel uncomfortable like I am not welcome. So sad because he really is good.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Lang for years. I fully trust him with the care of my spine. He is very honest about your condition and he is not condescending.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Lang's for seven years. I have herniated disks in my back; his treatment has minimized the pain and discomfort I feel and allowed me to lead a normal life. I recommend him highly. The office staff are very friendly.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

Dr. Lang is not only a great doctor but he truly cares for his patients. The whole office staff is kind and helpful. Best Dr. visit I have ever had!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

After several enocounters with other Chiropractors in the area, I found Dr. Lang and his staff to be the most knowledgeable and caring. He has always been dedicated towards helping me achieve my health goals, and he seems to genuinley care for his patients.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

He helped me when no other dr's could (or would). He sat and talked with me to find out all my concerns. He is very proactive, very helpful and right away I knew that he was concerned with my health. I had another dr tell me there was nothing wrong with my back and basically dismissed my pain, but Dr. Lang found out what was the root cause 2 minutes into my exam. (Which is something potentially serious) The other dr couldnt even tell from an MRI and a CT scan. I feel safe in his care and trust him completely - something that I have never been able to say about a dr.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009