Ratings for Dr. Carmela A. Pettigrew

Dr. Edwards is an amazing physician! I recently had surgery to remove a fibroid mass that had developed on my uterus (it ended up being 8 pounds) and he was able to surgically remove it via Laparoscopy. I feel fantastic, have zero after effects and the scar is so tiny you can barely see it. Dr. Edwards is hands down the best Surgeon! If you have an issue or just regular checkups, I highly recommend him and his team.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I would not recommend her. I almost lost my baby with her. She is all about the money but even worse is her partner Dr. Edwards!!!!! Run run run if you know what's best for you!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Good doctor but it's terrible that she is in with one of the worst doctors in Savannah. It gives her a bad name with her jerk of a partner.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Excellent patient care. She really took the time to answer any questions I had.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr Pettigrew! I have read some of the other reviews and I must say I have Never experienced any of the problems they spoke of. She was very nice and listened to all of my concerns. I never felt rushed or not important. I also did not have a long wait. I don't think you should judge a Dr on one visit only. My review is based off of many visits.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Would not recommend dr Pettigrew. Staff are VERY rude, wait time is outrageous ( always over an hour) . The waiting roon is always packed full and has kids shows blasting out on the tv, just an overall horrible environment. Dr Pettigrew is always in a hurry, maybe she should cut back on her patient load... All about the $$$$$$$$$$

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Horrible doctor with equally horrible staff. RUN, don't walk, away from her!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Pettigrew, she saved my baby's life after my placenta separated. She came in at 2:30 in the morning and wasn't even on call. She was so calm throughout the whole emergency which made me feel so much better because it was so scary.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

I recomend highly Dr. Carmela Pettigrew. I had my first baby on 2007, D nd C on 2011 with 15 weeks, My second baby girl on 2013, and always she was so nice. With my baby girl she has due date on July and she born a month beafore. Dr. Pettigrew was on vacation and an other doctor told me "..I am going to be your dr. Today, Pettigrew is on vacations with her family" i was realy scared and sad. They was preparing every thing for my C secction. An Hhour latter she was there in the hospital with me and my baby. She sended to the nurse to do every thing for be confortable. She is Profetional and worry for her patiens. If I get pregnan againg I'll be back with Doctor Carmela Pettigrew. Good experience on my two labor day. And for the D and C was hard to loose my baby, but she did a great job repecting my feelings and she was realy realy nice and no complications. After two year I got pregnan!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

I would not recommend anyone go see Dr. Pettigrew. I almost lost my baby, had to have an emergency C-section, and was mistreated by her staff and hospital staff. She needs to lower her patient load and perhaps this would help, but she's still very insensitive and doesn't listen to her patients. My sister was a patient of hers too and had a similar story to mine.

Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Carmela A. Pettigrew's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

UPMC