West Van Foot Clinic, Dr. Shenin Mohamed

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for West Van Foot Clinic, Dr. Shenin Mohamed

Dr Mohamed is the best podiatrist in my opinion. After a very long struggle, she isolated the problem and gave me a treatment plan which is working. This is after struggling for almost 2 years! She is highly knowledgeable, kind and pragmatic. Her staff are well trained, fabulous and always eager to help. My family doctor suggested I try her as the orthotics weren't fixing my problems and I am so grateful I did.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

She screwed up my feet REALLY badly. And then was arrogant and heartless about it.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2018

I have diabetes and neuropathy. This is the first time I ever wrote a review for anyone, but this woman foot doctor is my most favorite doctor and so I really want to do something nice for her. I had really bad feet before. I came here because the infection clinic at Lion’s Gate hospital told me that I had to go see Dr. Mohamed. She fixed all of my problems by care to the sores on my feet. I did what she said and I followed all her instructions because I was scared. Her staff were really good to me. I am First Nations and sometimes we don’t get treated right. I am all better now thanks to her care and attention to me.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

I heard from my work colleague that this is the best Podiatrist clinic around so I should go here for my toe problem. The staff was accommodating and the doctor paid attention above and beyond. My feet were soaked in a warm foot bath and then they removed all the scales from my feet that I did not anticipate. Very clean instruments and facility. They wrapped my feet in hot steaming towels. After that, they put even more cream on my skin and applied a heated foot boot for some time because my skin was apparently very dry with cracks. Again, this was a pleasant surprise. The doctor was very friendly and attentive and came after the treatment to prescribe a medication to be applied to my skin to help me cure the problem with other instructions. It was a really great experience. I did not feel rushed. I was very well looked after. I will definitely go back in the future.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

I have been to this clinic twice for a medical pedicure. I have skin growing behind one toenail which is very painful when touched, making cutting the toenail a delicate procedure. The first time, all went well, though I was not impressed with the lack of cleanliness in the room. The doctor came in for a quick look, told me to keep getting pedicures or she could take the nail off altogether, but she didn't recommend this. When it was time to return, I naturally asked for the same pedicurist but she was no long employed there so I was set up with another. I explained to her how anxious I was because I didn't want to experience any pain! She assured me all would be well, but it wasn't. I believe she cut the nail way too short, inflicting pain on me several times when she got too close to the sensitive skin. Then she put something on the skin, which looks like a big black mark. I was quite upset at this point so didn't ask what it was. I just wanted to get out of there. When I got home, I also noticed a vertical crack in another toenail and all the edges were ragged. In essence, I came out with my toenails in worse shape than when I went in. I called the clinic and emailed pictures of my toes. The doctor was supposed to call me back after looking at the pictures....but didn't, so I called again. The receptionist told me the skin had been 'cauterized', probably because there had been some bleeding and that was the cause of the black mark. And the doctor had left a 'message' saying that she could do surgery and remove the skin. Why was this never mentioned the first time? Suffice it to say, I will not be returning to this clinic for any reason whatsoever!!

Submitted August 8, 2018

Dr. Mohamed did a bunion operation from both of my feet. There was very little pain after the surgery in both situations. Although the toes are swollen the results are really good. The care and attention that was provided to me before and after the surgery was top notch. I used to hate my feet. Now I seriously love my feet.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

So thankful to have been treated by Dr Mohamed and staff after months of pain with a deep corn, multiple visits to our family Dr and various foot nurses. Very efficient and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

I was able to buy a special sock that stretched the back of the leg muscle from this clinic. I think it is called Strassburg sock. The doctor recommended it to me. It really helped my plantar fasciitis problem. I could not use the night splint because it was too big and bulky. My torn orthotics from another doctor from the Island were repaired at the West Van Foot clinic in record time and now they are as good as new. The service is very good and affordable. The doctor really cares.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Thorough and caring Medical Clinic for your feet. She took notes and listened to my problems and then assessed me by checking my barefeet when I was standing in front of her and then seeing me walk back and forth and climb the stairs over and over, checking my shoulders, hip, knees and feet. There was also a young family practice medical doctor training with her and so they were able to talk about my gait cycle, which is how I walk, and how I need my orthotics to be made. Then my feet were scanned with a high tech scanner. It was good and I felt like they really focused on me and I was well looked after. Today, I collected my custom orthotics after they were fitted into my shoes at the clinic. I am happy with what I got and how I was treated and I really recommend this doctor for anyone that needs orthotics for their feet or has foot problems.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

Just got my second pair of custom orthotics from Dr. Mohamed/WVFC. They are of great quality and feel awesome under my feet. I use them in my work boots as a firefighter/paramedic and they keep me going full-time under stress. I depend on these devices and will never leave home without my orthotics inside my shoes. The service from the doctor and her support team is excellent and we are happy to have this foot clinic and these great people helping us all out in the North Shore.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

West Van Foot Clinic, Dr. Shenin Mohamed's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Cantonese