Ratings for Dr. Dennis Woo

Clearly he does not enjoy being a family doctor, I'm not sure why he hasn't retired yet. He does not care about your time, your issues or your health.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

He makes makes appointments at 2pm and front staff says that he won’t be in until 4 pm .. and this why there is always 1-2 hour wait .. this is not just once it’s every single time.. if I book an appointment for 5 pm after work I won’t be seeing him till maybe 7pm so my whole evening is wasted. And of course there is no point of making an early appointment either because he won’t even be in . Some of the front receptionist will allow us to walk around t&t to pass time , another will say no it’s almost your turn but still have to wait another hour..

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

Mirror the previous reviews. Absolute horrid doctor. Rude, stubborn, doesn't care for clients. Makes you think he's the top dog and you're nothing. Always late by 2-3 hrs at times, sees you for 3 min and tells you to leave. Won't answer anything. One time I pass him in a mall. He was about 2-3 feet away and didn't say anything or even recognize me. Wow, after 11 yrs as patient. I can say he is no longer my current GP. Stay away folks.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Terrible smuck of a doctor. Nothing to add except my experience is the same as the previous reviewers. Stay away from this loser. Arrogant, always late by 1-2hrs, stoic, doesnt like to answer in depth questions, is your typical turnstile doctor. Quantity over quality. This guy burns through 9-10 patients an hour and works like 3 hrs a day... Cant you believe this?? I wish CPSO had regulations against these type of doctors from practicing. Unfair to the patient. PATHETIC!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Woo since I was a kid so I think I have a good grasp of what he is like. He was really good at the beginning, there were waits but not as long as what has been described below (although there is a lot of truth being described here). As I got older, he started to care less and less. I actually don't believe that he likes being a doctor. It seems like it's a mandatory obligation and he's just trying to meet it. His timing has become so bad that even my family switched doctors. Sorry Dr. Woo, people make appointments for a reason. It is apparent to me that he does not care about a patient's time. It's like making a reservation at a restaurant only to be seated 2 hours later. It just does not make sense. He is a knowledgeable doctor but does not have the care or empathy to display his obvious talent. So in the eyes of a layman, he comes across as he has no idea what he is doing or he is just trying to do the bare minimum so he can rush through all his late appointments. Sad but true. His staff is pretty bad as well. However, it's no surprise to me since Dr. Woo clearly has almost no management skills. How can you expect your staff to do their jobs or treat patients with respect when you don't give a crap about your employees? I'm actually very surprised that his average review is 4/5 stars, I call bullocks on this.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

My experience is quite different with Dr. Woo, one time when he is seeing me, his girlfriend call him, Dr. Woo think that I don't understand English, so he and his girlfriend discuss their dinner in the phone, I sit there hearing their conversation for almost 15 mins, until they come up with the decision of Thai food for dinner that night. Lucky me, the second time his girlfriend call again, this time Dr. Woo keep apologizing and ask for her forgiveness, finally his girlfriend hang up the phone, Dr. Woo is frustrated, he suddenly walk out the clinic, leaving me shocking in the room, I ask the receptionist where is Dr. Woo going, the receptionist is puzzled and have no answer for my asking. I decide to look for another doctor is not only he always make me wait for hours but also sometimes he even won't show up, I need to ask for permission of day leave in order to see him and this shitbag even don't show up!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

time is the only problem, no doubt Dr. Woo is a well respected doctor in the field, and he explains things clearly, but ... man, the wait

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Sadly my parents have been Dr. Woo for a number of years now and I can attest to all of the negative opinions opinions expressed here. My only recommendation to my parents and all of his patients would be to each buy him a watch for Christmas. I am sure that he makes plans with his friends and family he would show up on time for a movie or dinner. Why then does he not do the same for the patients that are counting on him as they GP? It would be nice if he could set up a play area in the space maybe where adults can go inside a room filled with coloured balls or maybe an expresso bar, but maybe that would make the already jittery patients more jittery. Any form of distraction would be better than wasting your time waiting for him and using up all the data on your phone. But I digress. Talk about not taking your job seriously enough to care about your patients. I have told my parents many times to find another doctor, but given the shortage that makes the situation very difficult to near impossible. So in the end he wins and sadly his patients will continue to lose. Maybe a collection of patients should all book appointments one day and show up late or not at all en masse. Passive aggressive response to his passive aggressive level of care.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I am currently sitting in the waiting room. My appointment was for 4:30 pm. It is currently 6:30 pm. I even came to check in at 4 pm, left to walk around for an hour ( as the receptionist suggested since the doctor was still not in) came back at 5 pm, and I'm still sitting here. The older female receptionist with the glasses seems to be letting people she knows in before me. My beef isn't with Doctor Woo. As a doctor, he treats me pretty well. But the receptionist, shes a different story. There's no way all these people who have gone in before me were scheduled for before 4:30 pm. This is literally bulls***. Will look to switch doctors.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017