Ratings for Dr. Tonya L. Adams

I saw Dr. Adams for my Crohn’s disease. The first meeting seemed to go well. She seemed interested in trying to help me. I had tests and blood work done and received a call from her staff saying that my remicade infusions were no longer working and they wanted me to go on Stelara. I was nervous about the switch and made an appointment to see her to discuss side effects of the new medication. When she walked in she was a completely different dr. From the one I’d seem before. She told me forget the stelara and stay on the remicade. I was confused being that her office called me to tell me it wasn’t working and I needed to switch. She was incredibly rude to me and seemed to not understand why I couldn’t understand why she had completely changed her entire diagnosis of me even though all labs and blood work and symptoms were all the same? I felt lost, confused, and let down completely. I will have to find another Dr. and all that happened was loosing more time being in pain.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr. Adams seems knowledgeable and nice but impossible to make a f/u appointment with Dr. Adams. If you need to consult with her, you feel you have been left out in the cold. Staff not very emphatic.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I love Dr. Adams! She is wonderful and she diagnosed my problem immediately, with only an endoscopy. The only thing I don't like is the staff and the wait. I think it is because it is such a large practice. All in all, it is worth it to get to see her.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Similar experience as others, which is substandard medical care and lack of follow-up even with potentially urgent matters. Had a CT ordered for what could have been strangulated hernia and was told I would hear back in 24-48. I called after 36 and then again after 48. By Friday (before the weekend) I asked the nurse to simply read it over the phone, she refused. I ended up picking the results up myself and going over them with my brother who is also a surgeon. He was appalled at the lack of follow-up on such potentially life-threatening issue . Turned out to be nothing (thank goodness). By the way, it is now 6 days out, and not a word from Dr. Adams.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Went to Dr Adams for abdominal pain. She hardly listened to my symptoms. She asked a few questions and ordered a CT scan after I asked for one. I was prescribed Linezz also. When the CT scan came back I was called with the results from her staff.She wanted to preform a procedure but did not have the decency to speak with me herself. The staff member could not answer my questions. I decided to look for another GI doctor. I do not feel comfortable just scheduling a procedure without speaking with her directly.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Outstanding physician! Smart, compassionate and right on point with regards to my symptoms (which had been ongoing for several years) and diagnosis. I highly recommend her to anyone in need of a good GI. Only problem- apparently the word has gotten out that she's so good, that often there is a wait to get onto her schedule. All in all, well worth the wait!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

Terrible. Didn't listen to all symptoms and diagnosed prior to endoscopy. Even after endoscopy, she doubted celiac disease. Final report showed celiac disease. Made a follow-up with Dr. Adams but was seen by PA without being told that was who I was seeing. I didn't feel any concern from Dr. Adams and very judgmental. Didn't want to discuss symptoms. Finding new physician!!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

Dr Adams is one of the best, I would highly recommend her to anyone. She always makes you feel at ease and has the personality that makes her very easy to talk to. She is a great doctor and a great person. I was referred to her by a doctor that was leaving the practice several years ago and have seen her ever since. I would not change to any other Gastroenterologist, I am so thankful for all of her help and treatments.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

Dr Adams is a concerned and caring doctor who connects with her patients in a way that makes them feel totally comfortable. She is approachable and reachable and returns phone calls when patients call with concerns. She adds a personal touch to her expert treatment of patients.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

I moved to this area recently and was hoping Dr. Adams would be my new gastroenterologist. I waited well over an hour, only to spend about 3 minutes with the doctor. Her PA did the entire exam and history, and Dr. Adams spoke at me, ordered numerous labs and tests at multiple locations without explanation and left the room. I am searching for another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

Dr. Tonya L. Adams's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio (Grad. 1995)

MSP/BC Med