Ratings for Dr. Gail S. Allen

Dr. Allen is a wonderful doctor. All three kids (currently 7 to 18) have been in her care since infancy. She listens. Allows me to make informed choices, even when they are contrary to her recommendation. And truly cares for my kids, more than just the current health issue. My oldest (18) appreciates Dr. Allen as a doctor and is dreading a switch to another doctor when she ages out of pediatrics.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

We have been seeing doctor Allen for about 4 years now (2 kids, age 2 and 7) just because I didn't have time to find a better one. After experiencing so much carelessness and lack of knowledge, I am forced to find a new doctor. Just a few examples: 1. Dr. Allen gave my daughter antibiotics that she got an allergic reaction to. I called, asked, Dr. Allen replied thru her nurse to keep on giving those drugs. I went to pediatric urgent care, they told me to stop immediately. 2. My daughter had a fungus in her diaper area, went to Dr. Allen, she said it is a simple rash, told me to use antibiotic ointment. The rash spread all over, went to urgent care, received Nystatin (should have known better). 3.Daughter had bad cough, Dr. Allen said it will go away, told to take a spoon full of honey (!?), and said she was glad that this appointment was so short, usually it took forever(!?) Went to urgent care, got antibiotics because of "fuzzy" lung (beginning of pneumonia). Thanks for urgent care!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

The only doctoring she will give is related to vaccinations. If you choose not to stick to the CDC schedule do NOT go with Dr. Allen as every appointment will be a guilt trip about how you can get back on the recommended vaccination schedule. When vaccinations are not the focus of the visit it feels like she always has a preconceived diagnosis before she even sees our child. The lack of trust seems to be reaffirmed upon every interaction we have with her. Questions about symptoms are generally kept to a minimum and once a problem is found she is convinced it is the only one without trying to determine if there are other issues as well. We no longer enlist Dr. Allen's care as we don't have any level of trust in her abilities to properly provide care for our child.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2010

Covered by insurance, and truly cares about her patients. Will go to great lengths to follow up on illness. Fantastic.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

awesome doctor covered totlally by innsurance

flag | Submitted August 23, 2006

Dr. Gail S. Allen's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1991)

AARP