Ratings for Dr. Michael Che-Chiang Lee

Meeting this man was the worst experience I’ve had with a doctor, and one of the worst with any person. I was exactly 3 minutes late to my appointment, because I know how long the wait is at a doctor's office even when you've made an appointment. And I was right, because I had to wait another 15 minutes before I got to see him. He greeted me with “you were late", and continued to berate me for 5 minutes about the importance of punctuality. I was shocked. It wasn't like he was standing at the door waiting for me. I didn't understand why it mattered to him that I waited for 15 minutes instead of 18. Now reading other comments, I feel like he asks the receptionist whether the person was on time just so he can get off on scolding them. He ended the consultation with “if you want to be my patient, you need to be on time” and continued to lecture me on the requirements of becoming his patient. If I WANT to be his patient? This man thinks that we are all there to beg him to be our doctor and that it is a one-way selection. And by being 3 minutes late, I was somehow less worthy of a human being so he felt the need to chide me for 10 minutes instead of listening to my health concerns. At that point I was literally in tears and politely excused myself. I think I was in so much shock that I couldn’t compose the words to stand up to him, which I really wish I did. This is why he is always accepting new patients, because no one that’s met him will ever go back.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

Not clear with his instructions and not interested in his patients. He is ALWAYS taking new patients for a reason. Except your visits to last no longer than 3-5 minutes where he willl bitrate the entire time.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I see all the posts about people bitching about this Dr, he is horrible and needs to lose his license. BUT IF YOU ONLY WHINE AND DO NOT MAKE A COMPLAINT TO THE COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS NOTHING MATTERS AND HIS BEHAVIOR WILL CONTINUE

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

He gives straight, practical answers to my questions

Submitted July 5, 2017

Came to Dr Lee after needing a new family doctor - spoke with him about my depression & history on medication. He was judgmental and condescending the entire time (I was 5 minutes late for the appointment because the bus broke down - he said "well I'm always on time or early" when I apologized). He didn't ask for any specifics in my history and sent me for bloodwork/EKG. He called me with the results a few days later saying I had a B12 deficiency and that was the reason for my depression/lack of energy (thanks, every other blood test missed that in my years of depression, TOTALLY), and that I should be taking vitamins instead of asking for a psych referral.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

A very comfortable and knowledgeable Dr. to deal with

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I agree with the person who rated this Doctor on May/2016. My GP retired so forced to look for someone taking new patients. He ( as I was ready & willing to pay & get my previous records sent to him ) said he had no need of them. Asked about 5 questions on my history, sent me for blood, urine etc. tests & told me that he was not willing to continue the schedule & prescription I have been on for the last 20+ years for panic disorder citing changes from the College of Physicians & Surgeons. I got a copy of those changes & in my opinion doesn't apply. How, without looking at my records, can he see if there is abuse of these mess. He wants me to take time off work to visit more often, pay more often the dispensing fees involved in the prescription; all based on 5 minute visit. Anyone know of other Doctors in downtown core ( preferably older ) taking new patients??

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

The most unfriendly Doctor I have ever met. I said I was looking for a new doctor and right away he informed me that he is not impressed with me. He made very passive aggressive comments about basically it's the patients job to impress the doctors and had no intention to listen to my medical struggle. He was very blunt and impolite but wanted me to just do what he says without asking questions. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I have no choice but to report this doctor who has mis-diagnosed me TWICE with prescriptions that caused adverse results. It is apparent that his capacity & knowledge is only limited to sending patients to blood work & X-rays. Also, he does not have the patience to listen to the cause of the patient's symptoms. It is very apparent that he is rushing from one patient to the next ! I will not recommend this doctor at all!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr Lee is direct and honest. No pretence. He phoned me with the results of a test the moment he received it.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015