Ratings for Dr. Michael Che-Chiang Lee

He gives straight, practical answers to my questions

Submitted July 5, 2017

Came to Dr Lee after needing a new family doctor - spoke with him about my depression & history on medication. He was judgmental and condescending the entire time (I was 5 minutes late for the appointment because the bus broke down - he said "well I'm always on time or early" when I apologized). He didn't ask for any specifics in my history and sent me for bloodwork/EKG. He called me with the results a few days later saying I had a B12 deficiency and that was the reason for my depression/lack of energy (thanks, every other blood test missed that in my years of depression, TOTALLY), and that I should be taking vitamins instead of asking for a psych referral.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

A very comfortable and knowledgeable Dr. to deal with

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I agree with the person who rated this Doctor on May/2016. My GP retired so forced to look for someone taking new patients. He ( as I was ready & willing to pay & get my previous records sent to him ) said he had no need of them. Asked about 5 questions on my history, sent me for blood, urine etc. tests & told me that he was not willing to continue the schedule & prescription I have been on for the last 20+ years for panic disorder citing changes from the College of Physicians & Surgeons. I got a copy of those changes & in my opinion doesn't apply. How, without looking at my records, can he see if there is abuse of these mess. He wants me to take time off work to visit more often, pay more often the dispensing fees involved in the prescription; all based on 5 minute visit. Anyone know of other Doctors in downtown core ( preferably older ) taking new patients??

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

The most unfriendly Doctor I have ever met. I said I was looking for a new doctor and right away he informed me that he is not impressed with me. He made very passive aggressive comments about basically it's the patients job to impress the doctors and had no intention to listen to my medical struggle. He was very blunt and impolite but wanted me to just do what he says without asking questions. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I have no choice but to report this doctor who has mis-diagnosed me TWICE with prescriptions that caused adverse results. It is apparent that his capacity & knowledge is only limited to sending patients to blood work & X-rays. Also, he does not have the patience to listen to the cause of the patient's symptoms. It is very apparent that he is rushing from one patient to the next ! I will not recommend this doctor at all!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr Lee is direct and honest. No pretence. He phoned me with the results of a test the moment he received it.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

306-1160 Burrard‎ V6Z 2E8 (604) 685-7747 September of 2013 I went to see this doctor who also works out of Cross Roads Walk In Clinic , the latter which I didn't know at the time or I may not have seen him. First visit I gave him a list of medications to never prescribe to me. I always give new doctors this list first visit. These meds are neurotoxic to patients with Charcot Marie Tooth Syndrome. I made clear to him the meds on the list were neurotoxic to me, there was a header I placed on the spreadsheet and the original source for information was CMT Association and Muscular Dystrophy Canada. I have since retyped typed the spreadsheet with extra warnings since the following occurred. Next visit, I had an infection requiring antibiotics. He wrote a script and I simply trusted him that he was respecting the list. Little did I know that he wasn't. Three days on the antibiotic the fingers of my right hand were collapsing while cutting zucchini. I knew something was terribly wrong and had to think fast what had recently changed. I checked the list. This medication was in the moderate to significant risk category! I immediately stopped using them and phoned him. He changed the script. I had given him benefit of the doubt thinking perhaps he forgot about the list. Not only did he remember but referred to it and thought the blue book of medications which applies to people without neuromuscular diseases was more relevant. Approximately fifteen years of damage was done to my system in a matter of three days and the cascading effects of change to my body have been devastating this past year since, occurring so fast there was not enough time to adapt. Damages have included: slow reaction time resulting in coffee scalding requiring emergency hospital treatment and burning most of the top of my hand and part of my wrist with damage also to the nerves in two fingers; removal of the sensation that my foot was asleep resulting in putting full weight upon it, a broken toe with foot spraining; my vision has been affected as my eyes are affected by my CMT; I now have frequent migraines (several days per week), sometimes severe and nauseating requiring two more medications and including aura such as Ring Scotoma and severe vertigo (I actually temporarily blacked out while standing at the sink one evening and could have fallen to the tile floor); Irlen Syndrome has also worsened, making certain types and/or intensity of light more unbearable. Everything neurological has been worsened and my daily life has become even more challenging than it already was. My CMT is severe. This has been very hard to cope with and damaging to my art, writing and music careers besides. I have been trying to get off of disability and gain independence. I now require a wheelchair modified place to live in and a roommate so I am not alone and have neither. I have been living in danger since. It took more than a year to be able to sometimes walk around my small bachelor suite after the damage to my foot. He has refused to even acknowledge my demands for compensation for neurological and neuromuscular damage as well as career damages and there is no system in place for the financially poor and disabled to receive legal help for malpractice cases such as this. The College of Physicians and Surgeons stand up for their own. Cross Roads Clinics where he also works (also reviewed separately) also ejected me, defending this man who poisoned me. Any BC contingency lawyer willing to sue for seven figures may use the contact form on The Art of ZAR official website to contact me. The neurotoxins list is available on my website as are photos of physical damages from the accidents resulting from poisoning. When I asked if someone gave him a list of allergens he would look those up elsewhere as well he said, "yes". He will probably reoffend.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

This man's skill set is limited to ordering blood work, xrays or scans. Tends to fall apart when results come back other than normal. Get the same level of service as a walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014