Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Foster

I wish I had made the decision to see Doctor Foster years ago! I had an unfixable “dead” index finger for over 20 years, and although not necessarily problematic, it was basically in the way. In my previous line of work, it did not interfere with my job duties but after changing career paths, it became more of a problem and I chose to finally deal with it. My family doctor set up a consultation with doctor Foster, and Doctor Foster’s office was prompt in setting up a consultation. During the consultation Doctor foster was knowledgeable and addressed all of my concerns. He recommended a ray amputation, which is basically taking the finger off from the wrist without leaving any stub. I had wondered why the best option would be to take it all off, and doctor Foster explained to me that it is more problematic to leave part of it there. He gave me academic research to read which completely validated his opinion, giving me confidence in the choice to proceed with the ray amputation. During the amputation, I chose only local anesthetic and watched him perform the surgery. I can assure you that he operated with great knowledge, professionalism, and care. The surgery was done without problem, and in a timely manner. Following the surgery, I had expected a great deal of pain; however, doctor Foster's great work left me with only mild pain. The pain was so mild that I did not even need Tylenol. Doctor Foster is an expert in the field, and you need not worry. He will do what he can to give you the best outcome possible!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr Foster took two moles of my face and he did an amazing job... he actually went with my laugh lines or wrinkles and you can not tell they were ever there.... thank you I appreciate what you did for me!!!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

A no nonsense Doctor. Had wrist operations and was completely impressed. PS has something here. So free with information to patient and coworkers. Thank you.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I had two growths removed from my back. Doctor Foster was friendly, professional, and great to deal with. Even though this was an unpleasant minor operation, Dr. Foster made it very easy. I appreciated that! Thanks again Doc.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

A surgeon had to spend an extra 1.5 hours cleaning up his handy work from a colon surgery six years ago. It was a mess.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

My mother and I went to the emergency because she was bleeding from the rear end. He gave us a thorough explanation of his decisions. It would certainly have gone very badly for my 88 year old mother, were it not Dr. Foster.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Ken Foster was the worst experience of our lives. We have had 5 surgeries thru him and cant begin to stress how horrible this guy is. He is rude. He is short with answers that none of us could understand. we being three people who have had surgeries thru him will never recommend or suggest anyone visits his surgery room. This is why he is stuffed up in PS and not in a major city. Hes a failure as a surgeon and has no respect for the common folk. TRULY, FOSTERS VICTIMS......

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

was very rude to me as well as my fiancee( he slammed a door in my fiancee's face), i wanted my fiancee in the room for the results, he was not clear about any findings and didnt explain anything to me in words that i could understand and would not clarify. would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

I severely damaged my hand on a Sunday morning,severing the top of one finger destroying the knuckles of two, multiple lacerations requiring stitching and skin grafts. it looked an impossible mess I had read poor reports of PSH Centre's surgical staff and considered driving to Barrie. Common sense prevailed and I went to PS Health Centre. That's when my good luck clicked in. The nursing staff were quick, efficient, informative & reassuring. Dr Kenneth Foster was on tap and after 2hrs 40 mins of surgery had me bandaged, 1 knuckle removed, 2 fingers pinned, multiple stitches, skin graft, all the time explaining his choices and actions. I guess his 9 years in Afghanistan on a mission made him the expert he is. Thank you Dr Foster for your service overseas,for the professional work and for your continuing follow up. Brian Bunting

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012