Ratings for Dr. Michael Haslett

Dr. Haslett was on at the OPD Today and I was extremely impressed. He is very personable and takes his time. If I didn’t already have a family doctor, I would love to have him as our physician.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

A great Doctor when he first started his practice; however, now he seems more concerned about making a dollar than on the issues his patients have. Don't go having two issues as he will only discuss one thing per visit; both could be equally distressing and life threatening, but you need to decide which one is more important.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

I am happy to say in all honesty that I have never seen such an amazing husband and wife tag team as these two! Dr. Haslett is everything that you would want for a doctor and his wife is definitely the most caring and polite receptionist I've ever met. So happy to have them as my family doctor!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Honestly, Dr Haslett is everything a family doctor should be. He orders tests when necessary, he makes referrals for specialists and he listens to what you tell him and makes his diagnosis. He is wonderful with children! The secretary is also very kind and goes out of her way to get you an appt when you truly need one. Sometimes people forget that he works in RURAL NB and has limited options for diagnosis at his fingertips. He does the best with what he has and I am very thankful to have him as my families doctor

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

No patient confidentiality and makes false reports

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

I started going to Dr. Haslett's office 2010, and still do now. I have never had a problem getting myself in or my children in a timely manner, they usually reserve a couple time slots a week for "unexpected" appointments. I hear people bashing his office solely on the fact that they need an appointment for refills on RX's, which is complete hogwash! I like that you have to go in because who would want to keep stuffing their face full of pills if they a)aren't working or b) you no longer need them! This is also used as a precaution for pharmaceutical abusers. I also hear people judging him for his dog, which is ridiculous as well because we've always been asked before Dr. Haslett himself walks in the room if we mind if the dog joins us...if you don't want the dog in there TELL HIM!! Heesh! I do find that he is better suited for children, because most of the adults going in there already have their ideas of what's wrong, so they give him flack for ruling everything out. I recently had to have a visit due to at the time "unexplained weight loss" and a lump near my chest/armpit , even though during my first appt, he said that both were possibly from my breast feeding, and the fact that I was no longer breast feeding (which was correct!) He still sent me for blood work, and a mammogram, and had me back for two more appointments over the span of 2-3 months, EVEN though blood work and mammogram came back clean! He is not someone you want to judge by first impression, because first time meeting him, he is HUMAN, and just as nervous as you are! His wife (the receptionist), puts the cherry on top! She's friendly and great at making you feel welcome! Unlike other doctors in the building he does not have a God Complex, and he also does not let religious beliefs affect his medical decisions. I will also say that I love that the receptionist is present for PAP tests. Obviously she's not down at the bottom helping, she's up near your head And when I was a young teen it was comforting that I wasn't alone with a man I didn't know at the time (even though he's highly professional), and a great reassurance for protection, that I will feel comfortable taking my daughter there in the future.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I rated this doctor a couple of years ago but am now going to retract my 5 star review. After my last visit, I was not impressed with his dog coming into the office. He wanted me to give it a treat as he was "in training".. Very unprofessional! I did not want this dog sniffing around me. Dr. Haslett talked more about him and his dog training than my visit. He put me on some meds for high cholesterol which later, I came to find out I really didn't need to be on them. I put my name back onto the registry for finding a doctor and received a call a few months later. Am so glad I found a doctor who knows what they are talking about. I do not find Dr. Haslett has the education to be a medical doctor.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Such a great doctor! Very patient with kids and never makes you feel rushed.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr. Haslett is the best doctor I have found since moving here in 2003. He never rushes us or makes us feel he is too busy to listen. His wife is also the front office person and she always tries to get me in when I have an issue. They are a great team and I love visiting. Also, having their dog in the office makes it feel more like a family atmosphere. I'm so thankful for him and I thank God I found him when I moved back to this area.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

When my doctor retired I was wondering who would I be albe to get. Dr. Haslett was a great choice. His wife who is his receptionist is always nice on phone and when I go to the office. I can get an appointment within a few days.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017