Dr. Marc Pelletier

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Marc Pelletier

As a result of a cardiac catheterization I had on August 1, 2018 at a large Hospital in Central Ma, I was given the devastating news that I required triple bypass open heart surgery. I quickly reviewed the qualifications of their heart surgeons including their familiarity with this procedure, but chose to take advantage of one of the best assets we have as residents of our state; the fact that Boston has the best Hospitals and Doctors in the world. After and extensive investigation I decided on Brigham and Women's Hospital, its Shapiro Cardiovascular Center and Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD, who specialize in Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery. I read about his surgical history, and talked to people in the cardiac center and they confirmed my choice. My wife and I met Dr Pelletier for my initial consultation on 8/23/18! We were immediately impressed by his warmth and sincerity as well as that one extremely important characteristic, you very much want to see in your Heart Surgeon, CONFIDENCE! I am a tough guy, I’ve played many sports, boxed, lifted weights all my life, and still exercise daily. I’ve had hip and a shoulder replacement surgery but nothing is more sobering, than the knowledge that you require this invasive operation! I have 5 grandchildren ages 10 to 1, that I want to see grow up, as well as a loving wife and three beautiful daughters. Dr Pelletier was amazing, he sat right in front of us and told me “Jim, I know this seems like a really big thing to you but it is not for me, I do them every day and you have nothing to fear, your mortality rate will be less than 1 in a 1000! This operation will provide the best long term solution for you, stents would last about 10 years-( I had asked about stents because another Dr told me they might be an option)- and by then you would be 10 years older and it would be more difficult for you”! Then he explained what he would do in the operation, how long it would take, what to expect immediately after, how long I would be in ICU and when I would go home. When Dr. Pelletier asked me if I wanted him to book my operation, I looked at my wife, and she said YES! I did! My operation took place on October 3. I was in ICU for about 2 days then went to my room on the Cardio floor. I had a huge room to myself , with two TVs and a separate couch/bed for my wife, if she needed to stay. The care and professionalism of the nurses and staff including the house cleaning staff was exceptional. The menu and food was incredible. I was released by Dr. Pelletier and I went home on Oct 9. I had no difficulty in the car trip from Boston to the Worcester area. I was provided with a VNA and a physical therapist. I began walking immediately. Two weeks after the operation, I walked .52 miles in my yard - I have Fit Bit Ionic. I walked .83 miles on a country road on 10/20 (2 1/2 weeks) and 1.62 on 10/24 ( 3 weeks). Now I walk 3 miles in 60 minutes! I’m very thankful, this Holiday Season, for Dr. Marc Pelletier and Bringham and Women’s Hospital! Jim 12/7/2018

flag | Submitted December 7, 2018

Dr. Pelletier is an amazing professional! He listens carefully and takes the time to explain things. I recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

Excellent Doctor/Surgeon with a easy-going manner. Very professional and informative. My surgery went very well and my recovery time was excellent. Thank You!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2018

Dr Pelletier saved my life when I suffered a dissection of my ascending aorta. He calmed my fears prior to surgery and was also very reassuring during his follow ups immediately after. I owe my life to him and his team.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2018

Dr. Pelletier was fabulous throughout my whole cardiac experience and I felt very lucky to have him as my surgeon!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

Dr. Pelletier would be the FIRSTsurgeon I would recommend to family, friends or anyone interested in sharing my experience with him

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

you calmed my fears and made me whole--thank you and your staff.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

Simply the best. Blessed to have been treated by him.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

We give the highest recommendation to Dr. Pelletier. You are blessed if you have found him. There is no reason to look any further. Dr. Pelletier is top tier.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

Dr. Pelletier performed a triple bypass procedure for me and the results were excellent. As a matter of fact the entire experience was excellent from the pre-surgery consultation through the surgery,, recovery and post-surgery follow-up.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

Dr. Marc Pelletier's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Marc Pelletier is a cardiac surgeon in the division of cardiac surgery at the Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA. He joined this group in April of 2016 after 9 years as head of cardiac surgery at the New Brunswick Heart Centre, which followed a period as assistant professor at Stanford University. Dr. Pelletier trained at McGill University in cardiac surgery and Stanford University in cardiothoracic transplantation and ventricular assist devices. His areas of specialty include TAVI procedures, minimally invasive valve surgery, aortic valve and aortic root surgery, surgery for heart failure and minimally invasive coronary bypass surgery. He has authored over 65 peer reviewed publications, with over 100 abstracts accepted at scientific meetings and over 100 invited and local talks. He is currently chair of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada’s examination board in cardiac surgery.

• English
  • French

• Mount Allison University (Grad. 1990)
  • Dalhousie University (Grad. 1994)
  • McGill University (Grad. 2000)
  • Stanford University (Grad. 2001)

• Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
  • Aortic valve regurgitation