Dr. Marc Pelletier

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Marc Pelletier

Dr Pelletier performed cardiac bypass surgery on me and did a terrific job. He had come highly recommended and I will alway be great to him. He was a true professional and made me feel at ease. He was a true gentleman and made it a point to see me multiple times both before and after the surgery. His staff was also excellent and made my experience as pleasant as possible under the circumstances.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2019

Dr. Pelletier and everybody was as good as it gets.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2019

Once it was determined I had a bad mitral valve, Dr Mark Pelletier was recommended as the surgeon. Having Dr. Pelletier as my surgeon was one of the best things that happened to me. He spent a considerable amount of time explaining what was happening and what the surgical options were. The difficult 6-hour surgery went extremely well and the follow up process was world class. I feel fortunate to have had Dr. Pelletier for my surgery.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2019

Dr. Pelletier was direct, soft spoken and thorough. He explained things so I could understand them. His primary goal was my safety. Before and after the surgery he was always available, followed up, andd didn't mince words. His staff was excellent.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2019

Dr. Pelletier is a soft spoken skilled surgeon with a remarkable manner. He and the entire staff at Brigham and Women’s are the best example of health caring and knowledge employment that I have ever experienced. I can’t move like Jagger yet, but after my complex open heart surgery, it’s only a matter of a few more weeks!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2019

I am very pleased with the outcome of my CABG surgery! He and the entire staff at Brigham and Women's are to be commended for their professionalism and their support during my stay. God Bless all of them!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2019

Dr. Pelletier is undoubtedly a life-saver. He and Dr Eldrin Lewis got me into the hospital in about 2 weeks for cardiac by-pass surgery. I have several other medical issues that complicated the sugery: dialysis, anemia and diabetes. Dr. Pelletier really reassured me that he knows how to deal with these issues so it's not going to affect the outcome. During surgery, they performed dialysis on me to help with fluid overload. He also dealt with heart arteries so that will not be painful for future dialysis yreatments- something I didn't even realize could be a problem. His knowledge and experience has improved my life incredibly. The cardiac floor staff are outstanding. I highly recommend Brigham and Women's, Dr. Pelletier, Dr. Eldrin Lewis and the cardiac team!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2019

A wonderful Doctor that took the time to explain everything into great detail. Did a great job with the surgery and the follow up was outstanding.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2019

I was very lucky to find Dr. Pelletier. From the time I met him till the time 8 wks after my surgery I have been impressed with the way he handled my case. He explained everything, was always calm and reassuring to talk to. And the results couldn't have been better. I owe him my life.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2019

Everything from the first visit to the day a left the hospital, he was there answering all our questions.Dr. Pelletier and his staff and the hospital staff were the best . The care was outstanding.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2019

Dr. Marc Pelletier's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Marc Pelletier is a cardiac surgeon in the division of cardiac surgery at the Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA. He joined this group in April of 2016 after 9 years as head of cardiac surgery at the New Brunswick Heart Centre, which followed a period as assistant professor at Stanford University. Dr. Pelletier trained at McGill University in cardiac surgery and Stanford University in cardiothoracic transplantation and ventricular assist devices. His areas of specialty include TAVI procedures, minimally invasive valve surgery, aortic valve and aortic root surgery, surgery for heart failure and minimally invasive coronary bypass surgery. He has authored over 65 peer reviewed publications, with over 100 abstracts accepted at scientific meetings and over 100 invited and local talks. He is currently chair of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada’s examination board in cardiac surgery.

• English
  • French

• Mount Allison University (Grad. 1990)
  • Dalhousie University (Grad. 1994)
  • McGill University (Grad. 2000)
  • Stanford University (Grad. 2001)

• Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
  • Aortic valve regurgitation