Dr. Stephan Jay

Ratings for Dr. Stephan Jay

Best Dentist I've had. Pain free visits and personal expert care every time I've visited.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Jay for over 26 years. The best. Does NOT overcharge! After sending me to another dentist for a root canal, I went back expecting to get a crown fitted. No, he said a crown was not necessary (even though over half of my tooth was gone). He filled it and after 15 years, I have had no problems with it. He does not have a hygienist to clean your teeth, he does it himself, not your typical dentist these days. As for his receptionist, I guess you'll get what you give. I have never had a problem with her, always professional and friendly. Thanks Dr. Jay!!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Dr. Jay always nice and friendly, the reception is okay...sometimes when you need to cancel she could be not that friendly but mostly she is okay

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Great dentist he goes out of his way to do a great job!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I visited this dentist several times and every time he was wearing a mask over his face. I did not get to see his face even when he was not performing a procedure. The front receptinist a heavily accented woman with blonde streaks is very rude. Her manner and attitude is disrespectful and I will not be going back. Dr Jay also overcharges for his work and I found another dentist that did a cleaning and xray for half the price.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr. Jay has been my dentist since I was a kid. He's is so friendly and I often get personalized reminder cards in the mail saying that I'm due for a cleaning. He is very accomodating if you don't have dental coverage and will make sure you are getting the essential work done. He communicates with you throughout the entire time you are in the chair and lets you know what he's doing and often explains to me the tools he's using. The receptionist is also very friendly. I would recommend Dr. Jay to anyone and everyone.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Jay is about the oddest and most likeable Dr I have ever met. He has a way of instantly making ppl feel comfortable and less uptight sitting in the dentists chair. His sense of humour is that of a top notch comedian which is both entertaining or he could come across as a lunatic for the more anal retentive folks so be advised lol He was a whiz with my tooth extractions ..very well done Id have to say. Hes got an awesome receptionist, super friendly and professional. Dr Jay is a 5ft nothing bald asian man with a slight accent...his receptionist, a towering Swedish accented blonde. Epic...hes definately straight out of a comedy lol His prices are very good if you dont have dental coverage and need to pay out of pocket. Unfortunately, he doesnt do cleaning as thoroughly as he could. Hes very gentle but tends to miss a lot of spots :-( Well at least I still end up walking out of his office with a smile every time. :-)

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

First visit: Dr. Jay makes sure to explain every action of his thoroughly. I had a cracked tooth that looked to me as if it had been split down the middle (It wasn't). I was afraid it would have to be pulled out and I'd need an implant. Dr. Jay did not try to up sell and gave me another option. He saved the tooth by removing the broken part and polished it down so I would feel comfortable with it. He went over some procedures I could consider in the future to build up the tooth but did not try to pressure me to make a decision and let me know that there was lots of time to take further action as everything was fine now.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013