Ratings for Dr. Anthony Poon

Very professional, to the point, explained the surgery to us (wisdom teeth removal). My son had his surgery, sent home with specific instructions, prescriptions for a pain killer, anti inflammatory and a mouth rinse. No complications. My only concern that was he prescribed a strong narcotic that my son did not even use as I felt the NSAID was enough. Probably unnecessary to be prescribing narcotics in my opinion. A very good experience though. Will take my other children to see him should they need oral surgery.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

Dr.Poon is an excellent dental surgeon and a very caring person. I put my trust in him.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Dr. Poon is a very talented dental surgeon. He has actually taught at Memorial and developed some easy methods for tooth extraction. It took longer for the freezing to take than for him to remove my impacted molar. And I had zero pain (until the freezing wore off of course.) He has an odd bedside manner - very curt or nonchalant, not sure which. Not sure if that is a language or cultural factor, or because he was a university instructor. But I wasn't there long enough to socialize much anyway. Dr. Poon has great follow up and is there if you need any after-care. I received a call from his assistant within an hour of leaving the office to see how I was doing. I had to call a few days later to see what he had meant regarding excessive bleeding in his written instructions and he called back within 5 minutes.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Poon is very professional and thorough. He and his staff are business-like (discussing fees, collecting information, using computers to log in information immediately...). I felt the receptionist/dental hygienist could have been a little more outgoing and welcoming. They were young but still could show more interest. I felt in great hands with this doctor. Though he can come across as a bit curt, it is evident that he is caring! Following the procedure, he called both my cell phone and my home phone and left messages asking how I was doing and encouraging me not to hesitate in contacting his office if I had any questions whatsoever. At one point, I sent him a personal e-mail (he offers this on his business card at the front desk)and he responded within an hour or two. I had never experienced that sort of transparent personal contact with a doctor before. It was refreshing. When the results from a test (biopsy) were back, he called immediately to discuss them with me.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012