Ratings for Dr. Cheryl L. Young

I've been going to her for three years and everytime I've gone in there the staff was completely different. The appointments always take 2 hours just for annual. Everytime I've gotten a bill for tests I didn't know anything about. But I never remember to find a new OBGYN until I get a call about my appointment.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

My first experience with Dr. Young was 3 years when I needed a BMI. I followed up with her practice concerning weight loss and a colonic. Needless to say, my 3 experiences there have been VERY DISPLEASING!!!! At first I didn't know if I had the right office because a child served as a receptionist, and I could shop for fashion and jewels as I waited, which all seemed very unprofessional and a conflict of interest. After waiting at least 30 minutes for each visit, my additional wait time for one consultation was over an hour - I literally took a nap on the couch in the room decorated with porcelain dolls. The worst service ever was dealing with the office manager who was very rude. She commenced to arguing with Cox Cable over the phone while handling my paperwork. On top of that, a dog roamed the office. I scheduled a colonic for my sisters and I, and when the nurse wasn't able to be there the office manager called and made me feel like I was to blame for her having to come in early to reschedule all the appointments. One of my sisters did reschedule and she said she was treated rather rude and the office manager was disrespectful- making inappropriate about other patients and how her job was getting on her nerves. I was so disgusted overall, and disappointed.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Went for STD screening. Before examining me or getting blood work back told me I have herpes.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I saw doctor young initially when I was 15 yrears old. I continued going to her practice until I turned 18, and became independent and wanted to try my options for personal reasons of my own. Now having gone through several doctors at the age of 28, I've returned to Dr. Young and am not only more appreciative, but thankful. She's the only thorough doctor that I KNOW of. The staff is wonderfu, and every visit is a very pleasant one.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

This Dr is a Rip off. She ordered over 2k in test through Lapcorp that I didn't authorize. They took the co pay money out of my HRA. I didn't sign the blood form to even give blood. So I called and spoke to her about what all the test were and why she requested them. I demanded she give the money back to Cigna. lapcorp said all it took was a phone call. She told me that "It was up to me to know what test I needed or not! Sue me then" Then she hung up the phone. She was the most unprofessional Doctor that I ever spoken to. I regret not reading these reviews prior. I'm reporting her to the medical board.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Staff unprofessional at times - does not do what they say that they will, don't answer telephone. No return calls - had to keep calling office to find out information about possible surgery. Dog roaming in office. Two to three hour appointment for an exam. Unable to get a straight answer from doctor and staff. Not satisfied. Will find another GYN.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

Patient of Dr. Young since 11/09. She's the first female gyno I've had & is very thorough. Discovered I had a vitamin D deficiency,checks cholesterol, hormones, tests for a battery of sexually transmitted diseases in addition to the standard pap done by most gynos at a yearly examine. When my testosterone levels came back low, she gave me literature to read & discussed all my options- including doing nothing as I was not having any of the problems normally associated with low testosterone. In the end I decided to do nothing & she was in agreement. My one complaint is with her bookkeeping, office management. She just can't seem to get and keep an honest and accurate person. Thus, when ever someone new comes in, they audit her accounts & you get these notices that you owe for past years. Or when you go for an appointment, they say you have a balance when you thought your account was clear. Needs to get paperwork turned into insurance on time and get this in check!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Reading all the comments concerning Dr. Young and her practice, one would be very apprehensive making an appointment there. You would never know which Dr. Young you will get. It's clear to me that Dr. Young is physically, mentally and spiritually BIPOLAR. And yes, she's generally nicer to her hormonal patients. Those pellet inserts bring in big money to her. I would advise anyone to shop around before seeing Dr. Young.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first with the hormone replacement therapy but after the first afternoon I started feeling better. I had strength, energy the pain in my hips stopped, happier again, personality wise- I was able to go from thinking about doing something to following through the idea to completion. Mostly, I went from not being able to enjoy my husband at all to enjoying and missing my husband psychological as well as physical, which was huge. This is only my first month and month two calls for another testing to see where I am now but I pray it is the beginning of a 'new me' and how I can feel to negative and positive and bqalanced again for once. Well worth the time to visit with Dr. Young and staff to try to find what is wrong and what can be done overall for my situation. Dr. Young is very compassionate as most of her staff. I will be back for sure to work with her and the situation at hand. KA

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

My thoughts on Dr. Cheryl Young is that she was very personable, patient with questions, very informative. Loved her to peices, But on the other hand the office does NOT have it together, making call backs when they say they are going too, and when i called the office and asked if they had made a time for my surgery they were very rude and said they would get back with me when they could, not to mention 2 months prior when i came in to talk and set up the operation, they didnt not EVER call me back to let me know it was approved that we could go ahead with it, i had to call the office to ask what was going on. So needless to say if the office could get it together it would i would have no problems continuing going.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012