Ratings for Dr. R Joubert

Dr. R. Joubert has always been very attentive very helpful and knowledgeable for our family. He is compassionate and caring and quick to refer to a specialist when required. We highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

The college of physicians needs to screen and re-screen doctors from Africa more carefully. He was quick to tell me what was wrong and diagnose me but after further tests missed the mark by 100% He has NEVER followed through on test results. Once you’re clinic visit is over you’re done Many,many weeks after test results came in I received a call from a very caring doctor that was fillings in for him. This has occurred time and time again. He seems to care but his actions speak loudly. I feel his goal is to push as many patients through the door as possible in order to achieve his personal and financial goal. Not impressed with him at all. He has done more harm than good for me

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Comes across as caring but does not follow through. Therefore in my opinion he is neither caring nor even professional. Does not make hospital visits to his patients and certainly never follows up on treatment. I have recently switched to another doctor and although I do not have to visit often I am certainly much more satisfied.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Doctor Joubert has been my doctor also since Dr. Lowden left his practice. Although he is a caring person, he comes across as a procrastinator. I understand there are a lot of people with worse illnesses than what I have experienced, but pain is pain. And when a physical issue interferes with work and home life, and we seek medical help, it is the doctor's responsibility to ensure the patient is looked after. Not once have I seen Dr. Joubert open his computer in front of me and type down my concerns, symptoms, and requests. In the last year I have seen him well over a dozen times, and discovered through other doctors that my visits with Dr. Joubert were not documented, but merely a couple of points added to my file. Referrals to scans/ultrasounds never happened. In the meantime, I sat at home trusting that my doctor was working for me. It is a shame and an embarrassment to know that these doctors make the money they make, and forget that many of us have to stop working due to illness/accidents and they don't have the decency to give us the quality care we expect and pay for; while in the meantime we lose wages and pay out of our own pockets to get the care he has not been able to give.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Joubert's since he took over Dr. K. Lowden's patients and he has always been very compassionate and caring. I would highly recommend Dr. Joubert for anyone's family physician.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Joubert's for 5 years. Last year I was diagnosed with cancer. I have had all of my treatments done in Calgary because we don't have the facilities here. Since I have been home I have been dealing with many health issues. Due to complications from the radiation I have low hemoglobin on a regular basis. Out of 6 instances where I have been deemed "critical" and have required blood transfusions he has not ONCE informed me that I needed to go to the hospital and have these transfusions. I have had to find out on my own. He is required by the College of Physicians to inform his patient that they are critical. His response "I am too busy". My life is not a game for anyone to play with. If you know that someone is critical you call them or you have your staff call them and tell them to get to the hospital. I am very unhappy with the lack of compassion on such a serious matter.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Dr. Joubert has been my family Dr. for several years now, and I am extremely happy with him. He listens to what you have to say, talks over what he is prescribing, and really cares how I am. Dr. Joubert is a Dr. I can work with, and know I am heard, understood, and my thoughts and knowledge is taken seriously. Dr.Joubert always comes into the room with a Smile and a how are you? I have several medical conditions, and need many medicines, it is so nice to have a Dr. that knows and cares how you are. Dr. Joubert has never let me down when I needed him. He will get you in quickly in an emergency. He will give me copies of all my blood work results on my request. He takes time to review my meds. He reads and pays attention to my medical chart I make myself. Keeping track of B.P readings and Peak Flow readings twice a day.I am very Satisfied with Dr. Joubert as my Family Dr. and I would reccomend him highly. Sincerely, Elaine McMunn, Cranbrook, B.C., Canada.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012