Ratings for Dr. S Stafford

My purpose for writing is to comment on the rudeness and lack of professionalism of two of the front staff. I was appalled by how rude they were to people on the phone and just prior to my arrival I had called the office and was also treated rudely. What was even more appalling was how the two women started backbiting with each other about the people they'd spoken to, on the phone, not in a hushed tone but loud enough for everyone in the waiting room to hear. In fact, they were speaking about me when I initially entered the waiting room; they were making comments about what I had said on the phone. These women spent almost the entire time I was waiting speaking disparagingly about patients and other people the know in common. What was most discouraging was that several of the patients were elderly. There was no attempt to be patient and explain in a kindly, caring manner. I concluded after waiting while my relative saw the doctor that these women are not happy employees. What is preventing them from recognizing that, in their role, they have the opportunity to lift the spirits of people who probably have serious problems. I hope Dr Stafford will take the time to speak with the staff about how to have more positive, kind interactions with patients. The attitude of these receptionships can be characterized by the notice they've posted outside the office. I don't remember the exact words but it's been posted to discourage people from coming into their office to get help with directions. Instead they want people to go back to the main floor and look at the directory. Reading this note as I entered the office taught me from the outset that these people do not have a service to others mindset. Dr Stafford, is that the message you want to send to your patients?

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

She is one of the worst doctors I've ever had to deal with. No compassion and isn't interested in helping. Don't waste your time seeing her.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

I had such high hopes for Dr. Stafford! Her wait list is so long that I was thinking she must be an amazing doctor! I have been disappointed though. She is a very busy lady and I think sometimes forgets that patients have questions and can't just be rushed. I didn't feel like she listened to me.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I went to see this doctor because I wanted to see her. Instead I saw a student and spent less than 5 minutes with the doctor. I feel like she just shipped me off to someone else. I don't need to come back if I'm not going to see the doctor.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Waited 5 months for my appointment after waiting over 25 years for medical knowledge to recognize the connection between head injuries and hormone deficiencies. Dr. Stafford assured me my T4 was my problem, seen it some large number of times before. My thyroids not involved but what's one more test? My T4 tested normal. Dr. Stafford called me at home and explained it would be too much paperwork and that would take away from her other (real) patients. She still produced a report, as an expert, that disregards the evidence. Thankfully they're teaching new medical students what Dr. Stafford doesn't have time for. Most of my appointment was with a student who decided I was fine. The staff had a laugh telling me the doctor won't see you, this isn't a pain clinic. My blood work and a letter from my doctor had been shredded. Just another day in the life of a patient with an unrecognized ailment. Treat everyone to the best of your ability and be humble enough to learn something new. If Dr. Stafford isn't ashamed of her actions then something is very wrong with our medical system.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

She is very helpful and on top of her patients. Remembers the history of her patients when you call so it is very impressive.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

All she does is give phone calls and deals with tsh for thyroid issue .. There's more to thyroid than tsh but not according to her

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

When I saw Dr. Stafford I was on a long journey to be diagnosed with a rare chronic illness. I came across many rude, disrespectful and dismissive doctors who misdiagnosed me. Dr. Stafford was the opposite of all of them. Dr. Stafford was kind, professional, empathetic and extremely helpful. Dr. Stafford talked to me like a friend, like I was her equal and wasn't egocentric like the majority of the 20+ doctors I saw. She arranged an extremely rare test for me and was helpful every step along the way.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I have been a patient for 3 years and have had nothing but great experiences. I've always felt very well taken care of. My opinion and feelings have always been listened to. The staff have been very polite and understanding. This office is always accommodating and courteous. I'm so thankful to have this team behind me during my medical journey!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

She's on maternity leave right now, but took the time to call and check how I was doing because I won't be seeing the doctor filling in for her until later in the summer.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013