Ratings for Dr. David Michael Hajek

I have expienced many health issues in my life, seen many doctors, and had multiple surgeries. My experience with Dr Hajek earned him and his staff top marks in all categories. A true professional with both skill and bedside manner! Excellent!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

An outstanding doctor! Knowledgeable, caring and mindful. So grateful to be under his care. I wish more doctors were like him.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Great doctor, performed my surgery ( I was born with UPJ obstruction) two years ago and he was fantastic. I am still under his supervision and I go for ultrasound every year, but I am feeling great. I would recommend him to everybody, as for me he is the best urologist in town.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Dr Hajek is a gem of a doctor. He was instrumental in recommending me a prostate biopsy even with a low PSA and finding cancer in its early stages. Excellent prognosis. Thanks Dr Hajek; you saved my life. E Arigsoy P.Eng.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I found Dr Hajek very professional and yet very approachable and helpful. He came highly recommended by Dr. Finelli when I sought a second opinion. Dr. Hajek spent a lot of time explaining the CT Scans and the need for a partial nephrectomy to remove a cyst from my left kidney. He visited me regularly during my initial hospital recovery and then 10 days later, when I was hospitalized again due to complications, he visited every day until I was fully recovered . I was completely confident under his care.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

We found Dr. Hajek to be an excellent urologist. My husband and I realized from the first consultation that we were in very capable hands. He has a warm, professional manner and patiently answered all our questions and addressed our many concerns. Overall, a great doctor. We couldn't ask for more!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

This doctor is more than happy to perform the surgery, but does not provide follow up care. I have called 3 times and stressed i have pain and concerns that need to be addressed after the op. And that i have run out of pain meds and need a prescription sent asap!! No call back or pain meds. Consider this doctor at your own risk. If you cannot follow up with patient care aftetwards, please dont take on more patients than you can handle!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I was diagnosed with kidney cancer late April 2014 and had surgery within a few days. I feel very fortunate to have been under Dr. Hajek's care.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

My father was referred to Dr Hajek by Dr Buckley who is the regular urologist referred by family doctor for treatment of a kidney tumor. After learning my father was a retired surgeon, he was treated more as a colleague than a patient. Highly technical terms were used as we want to know the whole story since there is no point to lie to a retired surgeon. Everything from initial referral to surgery were done promptly, less than 1 month to be exact. Being a retired surgeon, my father gave Dr Hajek and the rest of the NYGH staffs top scores in all category. He is now in the process of begin referred to a top oncologist specialized in kidney cancer at Sunnybrook. Efficiency in this case dispels many of the myths about cancer treatment in Canada, all the waiting etc.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr. Hajek saved my life and the life of my unborn child. He had to operate on my kidney while I was pregnant in my 8 month and did another major surgery one year after. I can not rate this doctor highly enough. He cares, something doctor these days don't do. Thanks to him and the referral made to him by Dr. Rosenthal I now have a 3 year old healthy boy and I am totally functional and free of pain.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015