Ratings for Dr. William Okada

I have been seeing Dr. Okada for a few years now and have had nothing but a pleasant experience. His front office staff is especially kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I lost vision in one eye and saw Dr. Okada. He said that I had to go see a retinal specialist out of town and made the arrangements. Unfortunately I did not make it there as we got into a car accident due to weather conditions and because I could not see and my wife cannot drive so I drove. I had nobody else. I did not get treated on time. My vision got worse. Then my optometrist referred me to another local eye doc. who simply treated me with monthly injections for wet macular degeneration and most of my vision recovered but not all! What upsets me is that he referred me to an out of town retinal specialist which was unnecessary as I found out later because there is a physician in Red deer that could had helped me as I simply needed monthly injections of a drug to treat macular degeneration. Why withhold this option from me? Curse on Okada. He caused delay in my treatment, made me travel unnecessarily out of town and caused me to get into a car accident! .How ignorant and inconsiderate. Why would anyone do such a thing to an old person.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

I've had good experiences with Dr Okada. His receptionist is kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Okada for over 16 years twice yearly and received excellent care and treatment. I had the best eye prescriptions from him when he used to do them which I have not been able to get elsewhere to date. I feel he is an excelkent Dr.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I was struggling with an eye that was goopy all the time and Dr. Okada flippantly remarked that it was just a dry eye and to use drops. Thankfully I was able to see Dr. Lythgoe at a later time (after a LONG time with this problem eye), and she knew immediately that it was a damaged tear duct from radioactive iodine treatment and immediately referred me to a specialist in Edmonton for surgery. It has been problem-free since then. I would never trust Dr. Okada.

Submitted February 22, 2013