Ratings for Dr. Carola Collins

I had Dr Collins as my GP for a short time between my first GP retiring and finding a new doctor. On more than one occasion my appointment was cancelled - sometimes even while enroute to the clinic. When I asked to reschedule i was told they only book 3 months in advance, and all their slots are full, so I'd have to call back ... I have a pretty extensive, and serious medical history (cancer x2) for my young age, so I like to know a doctor has my back and takes my concerns seriously. I had blood work done while in her care - the staff collapsed my vein, and I NEVER received follow up. I left Dr Collins practice and found a Doctor in Waterloo - she did a full blood workup on me at the time of my enrollment in her office - turns out I had hypothyroidism for years - which showed on the blood tests done by Dr. Collins that I never received any follow up on. They are very strict on their "one problem at a time or book another appointment" which can be troublesome for someone who works shifts.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Dr Collins was amazing for the time that I had her. I transferred with her to the new practice when she left her old one. I was sad to here that she wasn't returning to practice, but understand totally why she chose not to. As a dr, she was great. I am a patient that requires a lot of work, a lot of reassurance, and am not the easiest to deal with. She held in there with me, and always made me feel comfortable, and like I was being heard. Sad to see her go, but happy for her in the end

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

kind compassionate caring ...i will miss her so amazingly easy to talk to a great listener

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

I will start with the staff first the 5-6 of them that sit behind the desk and how dare your interrupted them to check in or make an appointment!! The after hours clinc what a joke you might as well go to the ER whoever came up with that system should seriously be fired, show up put your name on a list wait for Dr to show up then you can 'check in' again then wait, if they had same day or even within a week maybe you could actually see YOUR OWN DR but no good luck trying to get in with the same month!! So Dr. Collins first impression very nice seems down to earth 'yes I scored' well as time goes by the first thing I notice was her crazy mood swings Happy to aggravated that you are telling her about your medical concerns to happy again it's the luck of the draw which one are you going to get??? Let's move on to actual serious medical issues she has no idea, her follow is horrible to say the least. So my strong recommendation as a FORMER patient and mother do NOT go to her unless you need a cold cured!!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I have never felt more at ease with a doctor in my life. I have been a patient of Dr Collins since she started practising at this centre in February 2012. She is honest and down to earth. I have no problem scheduling appointments with her. On a couple of instances I have needed a last minute appointment -- her staff return my voicemails and have got me in same/next day. My daughter is 3 and loves her. She is always on time. I have never once in 3 years had to wait. I could not be more pleased that I fell into her lap as a patient. If she didn't know me so intimately, I'm certain we'd be good friends. Brantford is lucky to have her, and she is deserving of numerous accolades. I hope to be a patient of hers for years to come. She feels like an extension of our family and I am so, so grateful.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

She's awesome. Always on time, knowledgeable and there to help.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Worst doctor. Doesn't give you the time of day.. Call for an appointment get one months later .. Waste of time

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I trust her with my most precious asset. My health. Need anymore said? I don't feel like a number with her.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

As a person, I love Dr Collins. She is honest and calms your fears. When you have an appointment, she is punctual; however, I can never get an appointment. I have small kids who need to be seen same day or next day and I NEVER get in. There is an after hours clinic, but you have to be there at 4 to get on the list and the first people don't get seen until about 5:30 (fussy time and supper time) So I end up going to a walk-in clinic in Hamilton every time. Why have a doctor that won't have your kids medical history?

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Best doctor out there, makes you feel.comfortable.and will listen. Never.had to wait to see her

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013