Ratings for Dr. Robert F. Lasting

Dr Lasting changed my view of male doctors.36 weeks pregnant and in the middle of an insurance nightmare when I was provided new insurance that required a change in doctors. My female doctor recommended Dr. Lasting and I am so happy she did. He has been in practice for 25+ years and it is no wonder people in the field speak so highly of him. From the moment my husband and I met him, we were comforted that he would be delivering our baby. He is extremely knowledgeable and takes his time with each patient. That was very important to us, we wanted someone who guided us through childbirth and explained what we were experiencing clearly. His staff is comforting, friendly and knowledgeable. I never come away with unanswered questions. My delivery was not the easy but we felt safe in Dr. Lasting's capable care. I have, and will continue to, recommend Dr. Lasting to anyone who needs a fantastic OB/GYN. If he ever retires the industry will have lost one of its great doctors. He's one of a kind.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Late, hard to reach. My records are lost forever. Do not trust care.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I had an appointment and still had to wait 2 hours. Office is small and dirty, staff are snotty and all private information can be heard by everyone in the office. Dr Lasting was kind but I felt like he was rushed through my visit.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2012

Switched doctors early on bc wait was always over an hour long. They wrongfully charged me and would not return my phone calls about getting reimbursed. Finally, after a year, they said they didn't submit some charges to my insurance so would not refund me until my insurance paid the bills THEY forgot to submit. I was so annoyed! For one thing, I had BCBS and my maternity bills were 100% covered. They knew this from past bills. And THEY wrongfully charged me, THEY forgot to submit charges to my insurance, and now THEY want to make me wait even longer for my own money. All their claims have been paid and I still had to call them again and ask for my money. Let's see if I actually get it.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Dr. Lasting delivered both my children- I would highly recommend him. He is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

I REQUESTED MY CHARTS TO TRANSFER TO ANOTHER OBGYN. THEY REFUSED TO SEND THEM, NOW GOING WITHOUT CARE, I STILL HAVE ISSURE TRYING TO GET THEM. I AM NOT THE ONLY PATIENT THAT HAS HAD THIS ISSUE.HE HAS HELD ON TO OTHER PATIENT CHARTS.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

saw dr lasting while i was in the hospital, so i didn't really choose him. felt i got good care from him, but when i called after being discharged because i was feeling hot / cold and light-headed, his staff told me to rest and drink some water, and that the earliest they could get me in was in one full week. despite my concerns that i might have been developing an infection (i had a D&C in the hospital), i got HORRIBLE follow-up care in that i got NONE. his receptionist acted like an iron door, not allowing me appropriate access to the doctor. if i wanted advice from a non-doctor, i would simply have talked to myself. OH, and i was told to take my own temperature. i call this sort of treatment "neglect" and extremely risky. i won't be surprised if sometime this dr. is taken down by his unwillingness to provide necessary follow-up care.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

He agreed to see me even though I was 7 months along in my pregnancy with complications. I was pretty standoffish with him b/c of previous exp. w/ medical community in general and insurance companies, but he seemed to take it in stride and was always very nice, polite. Tries to make you feel comfortable. His staff is awesome.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Would not recommend him to anyone. His office is small and private information can be heard. We were quoted different prices for visits by his staff. Felt rushed at visits. My pregnant girlfriend, and I, decided to switch doctors and it took over a month and half for Robert Lasting to finally release her medical records, despite numerous calls, requests/faxes from us and our new doctor's office. The only reason I gave this review a star is because of his receptionist Diane, who seemed very sincere and was the only person at that office willing to help resolve our concerns.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

I usually don't like to rate Drs because I tomm myself work for a Dr. However after realizing I always come out upset after my appointment I knew that it was time for me to look for another Dr. First, the waiting rooms ALWAYS crowed and scheduling is always backed up. The front desk talks so loud that everyone in the waiting room knows what you are there for. Poor girl yesterday announced that she had a UTI and she had no other choice to say it aloud because the girl at the front asked her to speak louder. The staff also doesnt inform you when you have a patient portion for the next appointment. I also feel that Dr. Lasting is always in a rush to get you in and out. Being that this is my first pregnancy, I want a Dr who will take their time with me. 15 min appts tend to last for 2 hours, so prepare yourselves.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

Dr. Robert F. Lasting's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1984)

HealthPartners